June 16, 2021, 09:55:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148721 Posts in 18092 Topics- by 34096 Members - Latest Member: JohnnyFAb
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: seperate  (Read 4484 times)
View Profile Email
« on: April 12, 2016, 06:15:40 pm »

the horde and alliance chat....  its difficult to plan attacks against gankers.... there is no reason they need to be talking in the same language..   I will refuse to spend another $ until this is handled.  auction house is fine.... cross chat  not so much.  You can see where folks are meeting for dungeons by just reading chat... and not EVERYONE is a pvper... so exposing them to that is a turn off and might just make the server lose players.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 06:32:28 pm »

the horde and alliance chat....  its difficult to plan attacks against gankers.... there is no reason they need to be talking in the same language..   I will refuse to spend another $ until this is handled.  auction house is fine.... cross chat  not so much.  You can see where folks are meeting for dungeons by just reading chat... and not EVERYONE is a pvper... so exposing them to that is a turn off and might just make the server lose players.

chat was crossfaction for long time then they made chat normal and later on they changed it back to crossfaction again so there was more activity on worldchat.

tho i know if you come from a blizzlike language's server it frustrating to get like a raid against orgrimar or so going cause horde instant know what you doing, they can /who you also btw.
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 06:36:47 pm »

Crossfaction chat was removed and then re-implemented again to make the server seem more alive, and it was a good thing that they did.
Since a specific server shut down recently, we've had an income of new players, if those new players settle down and the population is active and running, I'm sure VG's staff will reconsider turning off cross-faction chat.
But until that happens, you'll have to live with it.

Cheers to Nopesorry for the sig
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 07:35:53 pm »

well actually I really don't have to live with it.  My money speaks when it walks away.  the competition on the vote boards is stiff and I don't see vanilla at the top.  Might want to place another VOTE by the players and see if it changes... I think it will...  It's their server as well.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:38:35 pm by nagabushy » Logged
Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:41:08 pm »

Hello nagabushy,

We can't change server features to desire everyone's wishes. The cross faction chat has been removed for long time, but since at that time there was low server population, it has been enabled again to maintain the balance between two factions and keep the community going. With the recent changes and rise of the server population, it will probably be back to blizzlike again, just a matter of the time.

Simply Fadeas
Administrator
The only source of knowledge is experience.
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 08:07:24 pm »

XFaction interaction will be removed on next restart.

Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 08:25:03 pm »

Praise Zeard! I hate the xfaction interaction as well.
Science Officer
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:49 pm »

now my ironfoe dwarvish proc will finally have a use again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 11:03:21 am »

Can you like decide if vg is a server with xfaction chat or not and stop changing it whenever you feel like it?
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 06:10:14 am »

There are faction-specific chats but those are dead as a doornail.  Channel names are "alliance" and "horde", respectively (to my knowledge, I know for sure about Alliance).
Retired Annual World Channel Shitposter
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 12:10:48 pm »

I will refuse to spend another $ until this is handled.
My money speaks when it walks away.
XFaction interaction will be removed on next restart.

Zeard chassing ferrari dreams CONFIRMED.

They demanded I change my signature, so I did.
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 06:27:03 am »

This is fucking garbage, 1 person splits up the entire community gg vg

<Action Man>
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 06:43:27 am »

Damn, and here I am, wanting to come back and organize Arenas taking advantage of the xfaction chat.

I don't insult, I diagnose.
IT Master
Spyrangi@Hotmail.com View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 07:58:13 am »

Guys look @ this one:
Hello nagabushy,

We can't change server features to desire everyone's wishes. The cross faction chat has been removed for long time, but since at that time there was low server population, it has been enabled again to maintain the balance between two factions and keep the community going. With the recent changes and rise of the server population, it will probably be back to blizzlike again, just a matter of the time.
WE CANT <--- lol

Please Tester Fagass, pls do this for us!

What's in your mind, punk? Cheesy why you are acting like a GM, dev, owner and such?
Someone ban this trash

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 08:22:37 am »

Guys look @ this one:
Hello nagabushy,

WE CANT <--- lol

Please Tester Fagass, pls do this for us!

What's in your mind, punk? Cheesy why you are acting like a GM, dev, owner and such?
Someone ban this trash

While he is not a GM that doesn't make what he said any less valid.

The original post just happened to be timed with the planned removal of the Cross - Faction Chat. If this post didn't exist i am pretty sure half of the posters in this thread would have dug one up from 6 months ago just to have something to complain about.

So once again this was planned ever since Cross-Faction chat was enabled however many moons ago. And for the very few of you who are upset about this, you need to realize that there are so many more who are happy with it.

Thread is locked.

No and by the way, you don't want it.. that.. to do that either. You think you do, but you don't.
- Blizzard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: