August 10, 2022, 12:06:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34451 Members - Latest Member: billykv
Poll
Question: is mandatory pvp ok?
yes - 12 (63.2%)
No - 4 (21.1%)
Cheesecake - 3 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Why mandatory pvp?  (Read 11027 times)
View Profile
« on: March 16, 2016, 06:52:18 pm »

as the topic says. pvp shouldnt be mandatory. If i want to pvp, i go pvp in a BG, if i want to not pvp and have fun without people ganking cities, outside instances, go farming: I CANT DO THAT! because its a pvp server... the players on vanillagaming should be able to choose if they want to let other players have the chance to attack them or not.
A player at lvl 34 doesnt want to break his flow and let a ?? lvl douch to constant gank him, untill he gets bored and logs off.

Someone please tell me why theres mandatory pvp. And please avoid replies like: "Its mandatory, deal with it" and such nonprogressing replies.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:04:56 pm »

Cuz its a PVP server

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:37:53 pm »

Cuz its a PVP server

why not a server with non- mandatory pvp? more fun
Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:42:42 pm »

PvP isn't mandatory, people just enjoy killing stuff

Simply Fadeas
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 09:20:47 pm »

why not a server with non- mandatory pvp? more fun

why not reroll to a PvE server

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 09:59:03 pm »

why not reroll to a PvE server?

This server is ok, but the mandatory pvp is unfair for the players that dont like pvp. It wouldnt hurt to make the server a pve server. It would be more fun and fair if it was the case 😃
Science Officer
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 10:05:16 pm »

there is no mandatory pvp.  there is a game mechanic called "pvp flagging".  when you are flagged for pvp, you can be attacked at any time.  to unflag yourself, type /pvp and you will be unflagged in 5 minutes.  when unflagged you cannot be attacked.  venturing into hostile or contested territory, or attacking a player within your own faction's territory, will flag you for pvp.

Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 10:07:54 pm »

Making a PvP server turn into a PvE server would have alot of consequences, and it's one of the main factors that makes this game fun. Disabling one of the most important MMO games factor - Player versus Player envirnoment is just the same as making Trump president but not allowing him to use any of the president's power

Simply Fadeas
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 10:09:21 pm »

This will not be changed so I would advise to make a list of people who ganked you when you were low level and once you get better gear find them and have your revenge. There are always people who gank low level players and since it's obvious that they won't create a new server with no ability to attack other players because of this post, you can go about having your revenge when the time is right, just like Edmond Dantes. Good luck.
Shadowy,shadowy... yet unbroken...
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 10:40:24 pm »

Since population is low turning this server into pve is a stupid idea, if you dont wanna ganked hide-move with cautious or be simply PRO! If you dont agree, well then quit and never return, play another private server.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 01:01:50 am »

the same as making Trump president but not allowing him to use any of the president's power
No one allows Trump to do anything, he does what he wants like a boss.

It's not mana, it's Blue Rage.
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 11:31:26 am »

If you can't handle the heat; stay out of the kitchen.
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 12:18:29 pm »

Thank you for the replies! I still think mandatory pvp is a boring way to go, but i respect your opinions!

Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 02:53:39 pm »

This must be a troll topic?

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 07:44:28 pm »

stop saying "mandatory pvp" as others have pointed out that is just blatantly untrue. if you need help learning how to manage your pvp flagging, feel free to send me a PM. Are some really simple tips such as avoid hearthing into a main city flagged and getting ganked. Such as just for example, hearth to goldshire instead of straight into stormwind. go to the bathroom/refill your drink while flag wears off, then ride into stormwind assuming it really bothers you that much.

honestly the population being where it is, even in contested zones, you really shouldn't be running into many or even any depending on class your on, issues with open world pvp. another tip, wait till your with a couple of your group when going somewhere in blackrock, THEN run in together. Apart from cities thats the only real other place your gonna run into someone sittin around ganking. Running in with some people instead of solo is a real good deterrent for that solo camping rogue. If he decides to attack anyway, you have some friends there with you to back eachother up.

Hope these tips help and make your experience more comfortable.

edit: one more tip. invest in some swiftness potions and/or rocket boots if on a class without good escapes. someone tries to gank you pop em and be gone. to go with that can also get yourself some invisibility potions. run away, use invis and go find somewhere safe and hearth/do whatever it is you do.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:54:31 pm by nikkibrat » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: