August 15, 2022, 10:59:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34454 Members - Latest Member: pikashowapp
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: BG cap not working  (Read 7610 times)
Pwnmage
« on: February 04, 2016, 10:31:13 pm »

FIX IT FOR FUCK SAKE
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:33:56 pm »

Please fix the unlimited shit, you're losing players.
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:36:24 pm »

the player cap is getting fixed at the restart at 8am, also this is offtopic here

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:41:25 pm »

the player cap is getting fixed at the restart at 8am, also this is offtopic here
Isn't it possible to hotfix sooner? or now?
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 10:53:07 pm »

I canīt grasp the reasoning why letting this wich is a HUGE bug just be up for a entire day. its a joke really, and it really shows the effort the staff is putting in. If the problem is great and so it cannot be fixed within a short while they usually contain the problem with disabling warsong until its fixed, but this seem like a fucking cakewalk to fix.

I dont understand this, is what i am going with this. seems like they dont give a fuck
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 11:13:37 pm »

there was no emergency restart since we didnt evaluate this as emergency. but im free for explanations in the right manner. Smiley

Keep in mind, that this indeed needs a server restart, which kicks everyone and hearthstones those 5man groups.

As I see it, ranking isnt affected, since everyone can join the bg as always. Of course its an odd bug, but I cant see that house being on fire right now Oo

Greets

Science Officer
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 11:22:58 pm »

I disagree.  That this serious battlegrounds bug was not discovered during public testing is alarming.  The "reboot" of pvp on vanillagaming is critical to the future of the server, and we may not get another opportunity like today, when everyone is optimistic and open-minded about the pvp system, if we fail to make the most of this present opportunity.  To have to play with such a tremendous BAttlegrounds bug is a serious disappointment that may potentially sour the enthusiasm for pvp.  I strongly recommend that Zeard make fixing this a top priority, drinking coffee and refraining from sleep until the fix is live.  I cannot recall any moment during my 3 years here when a bug fix was more critical to the future of the server.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 11:25:20 pm »

I disagree.  That this serious battlegrounds bug was not discovered during public testing is alarming.  The "reboot" of pvp on vanillagaming is critical to the future of the server, and we may not get another opportunity like today, when everyone is optimistic and open-minded about the pvp system, if we fail to make the most of this present opportunity.  To have to play with such a tremendous BAttlegrounds bug is a serious disappointment that may potentially sour the enthusiasm for pvp.  I strongly recommend that Zeard make fixing this a top priority, drinking coffee and refraining from sleep until the fix is live.  I cannot recall any moment during my 3 years here when a bug fix was more critical to the future of the server.
Totally agree.
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 11:29:50 pm »

I disagree.  That this serious battlegrounds bug was not discovered during public testing is alarming.  The "reboot" of pvp on vanillagaming is critical to the future of the server, and we may not get another opportunity like today, when everyone is optimistic and open-minded about the pvp system, if we fail to make the most of this present opportunity.  To have to play with such a tremendous BAttlegrounds bug is a serious disappointment that may potentially sour the enthusiasm for pvp.  I strongly recommend that Zeard make fixing this a top priority, drinking coffee and refraining from sleep until the fix is live.  I cannot recall any moment during my 3 years here when a bug fix was more critical to the future of the server.

+1

Also the server was restarted !ST yesterday to implement the LU can you not do the same again?
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 11:42:37 pm »

You dont explain to me why the bug is tremendous in any way! Explain it to me, I dont get it.

Though, the limits were torn down on the public PTR to allow 24/7 BGs. Sadly those torn down settings got included in the live update.

Now, can anyone explain the emergency?

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 12:07:22 am »

The problem is that atm you can have 40 people on either side in warsong making it so that you can have 30 alliance vs 6 hordes or 10 or 40. You see the problem now?
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 12:22:27 am »

Aye, alright. Ill talk to Zeard, should be able to restart in about 30-60 mins.

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 02:25:22 am »

So is all that stuff on frontpage semi accurate aside from all the generalizations? Im asking because it was my belief that the new system was supposed to be based on standing. With the tiny pvp pop on vg which catagory of players gets 13000 cp? (BR1) 12000 (br2).. Etc. Are the caps blizzlike? I noticed red flags like jumping from rank 0 to 8 instantly in original post. To recap, someone that knows specifically whats going on with the math, how does the new system work?

Regards,
Mcb

Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 02:41:26 am »

So is all that stuff on frontpage semi accurate aside from all the generalizations? Im asking because it was my belief that the new system was supposed to be based on standing. With the tiny pvp pop on vg which catagory of players gets 13000 cp? (BR1) 12000 (br2).. Etc. Are the caps blizzlike? I noticed red flags like jumping from rank 0 to 8 instantly in original post. To recap, someone that knows specifically whats going on with the math, how does the new system work?

Regards,
Mcb
I am pretty sure the CP cap is raised because simply VG does not have weekly 334 elgible players in a given week that actively PvP to support the completely blizzlike system. Can't provide you anymore informations because i wasnt the one to be working on this system.

Regards.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:43:32 am by Fadeas » Logged

Simply Fadeas
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 02:51:14 am »

A jump from rank 0 to rank 8 in a weeks worth of honor?   What is this?  4-5 weeks to get from rank 0 to rank 14?  Sounds a little too easy to me.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: