September 24, 2020, 04:02:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148241 Posts in 18019 Topics- by 33721 Members - Latest Member: Jimsim
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Application for GameMaster position.  (Read 2454 times)
View Profile Email
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:19:42 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Lidias

Q2. What is your real name?
Rachel Dawn Orselli

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
USA (California)

Q4. What time zone are you located in?
US Pacific. (GMT - 8

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
5 years. Since alpha.

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
Well, considering i don't have school anymore, i can GM pretty much any time. I wake up around 10 my time, which i know is night time for a lot of you. I typically play a while, get off, and then come back and play the rest of the day. 7 days a week.

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
Too much. Probably around 10 combined.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
No i don't, however i am the manager of my own business out here in CA.

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
Well you already know my name and age. I love raiding. I love Monster assault. I run my own PC repair and mod shop, and i aspire for publication as a novelist.

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
I am an extremely active player and know most of the other players, and i am also familiar with most known server issues, and could adress things quite quickly. I handle problems well

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
Honestly the main reason i'm applying is because during the times that i play, there is rarely a GM on. My other reasons would have to be that I love this server, and i'd really like to see it's continued growth, and would like to help as much as i can.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
You would aquire an extremely active GM that (as prior stated) is very familiar with the server and community.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.
      [We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]
This is not a problem. There isn't really going into detail on this one, i type the same anywhere i go.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
I would say just to continue advertising and continue server growth. Most of the small things have been worked out and the server is pretty amazing, we just need to populate it.

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?
It depends on what caused it to go bad. Server issues, i will postpone the event until things are stable. If a player is ruining the event, simply remove the player and allow the rest to participate. I could go on and on with answers as there are so many different scenarios.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
The most important thing a GM can do is maintaining integrity by helping others and continuing to assure quality in and out of game, while not taking their powers to a level of abuse.

Q18. How good is your knowledge of the commands you have to use in World of Warcraft?
I've read and seen almost all of them in use.

Q19. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
GMs are the overseers of World of Warcraft and watch over a server to solve problems, disputes, and sometimes punish people disobeying the rules.

Q20a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
It depends on what with. I'm sure you know by now i hate handouts, so obviously that wouldn't happen. I'd first look into the matter, and if it ends up being on their side, inform them on how to correct it. If it is a bug, try to correct it, and if i cannot fix it, i will report it to Zeard or on the forums. If it's as simple as ressing a player stuck under the gameworld, or stuck in combat, correct it and be on my way. Obviously more situations will arise, and i will do the best of my ability to achieve what is requested of me.

Q20b. And when you don't have time to help him?
Most likely i will have the time, honestly. However, should the situation arise where i am unable to attend to a players request, i will help that as much as possible until i have to leave, and then i'd forward them to a GM, but not before filling the other GM in on what that player needs help with exactly. If no other GM is on, i will extend my duties to fulfill my task.

Q21. What can you do to help the server grow?
Aside from keep it as clean as possible, and helping filter the bugs, i guess the only other thing i can do is recruit. Which i've done. I have gotten at least 10 players to join, and am working on more. I also advertise the server on twitter at least once a day, and can post a sign in my shop window.
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:12:03 am »

I heartily endorse this event and/or product.

lineageman_2@hotmai.com View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 04:29:21 pm »

Lol mana xD

Kenion,60 rogue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: