July 16, 2019, 06:46:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146207 Posts in 17742 Topics- by 32023 Members - Latest Member: arnoido
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Formal Letter of Apology: To Otrofer and VG  (Read 6361 times)
View Profile
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:44:36 pm »

Date: Semptember 12, 2015

Dear Otrofer &
Vanilla Gaming Staff and Community,

On Setember 11, 2015 I killed your toon in Black Rock Mountains while multiboxying my hunters, Rhunterone-Rhunterfive. I apologize.

I am genuinely sorry for any grievance or hardship I have caused you, or for any unfairness you felt you suffered and hope you can forgive me. If you wish to speak with me more, I am happy to work with you to reach any personal or professional resolution we can. I am hopeful we can both move past this experience.

To the Vanillagaming Staff, I want to extend my apologies for violating the rules and conditions of the server, and express my thanks for the too-often-thankless job you perform. Without you, we would not have the community we do, and I am grateful.

To the Vanillagaming Community, I want to apologize for any unfairness I might have brought into the community or any distraction my actions might have caused. I will work hard to be a more productive force in the future.

Sincerely,

Myre
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:49:20 pm by Axiem » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 06:30:09 am »

Greetings,

Ok so obviously you jerks have banned a rich white girl. WTF is wrong with you? Idk how they do things in EU, but here in murica it's not ok to punish rich white girls as long as they apologize.

I demand you unban this poor girl at once, and maybe give a stern talking to to what ever cyberbully thought it would be ok to ban this helpless maiden.

Regards

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 07:25:30 am »

this is the most asslicking fear0fban post ive seen in my entire undead career.
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 07:30:54 am »

this is the most asslicking fear0fban post ive seen in my entire undead career.

xD you should have done the same

Likalottapus <De Profundis>
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 08:37:55 am »

Oh my gosh. If you have any amount of pride left you will delete rhis thread immediately.
?
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 11:28:29 am »

Banhammer :X
Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 11:54:52 am »

And there goes the last vestiges of your pride and self-esteem Smiley

Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 04:39:11 pm »

By reading this apology letter I can probably guess the size of your vagina.
/join world
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »

You committed an egregious violation of the server rules, this is what you get.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 08:40:09 pm »

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm a straight shooter. I try to play by the rules and if, by chance, I happen to be violating one of them, well then I'm happy to apologize. This is a sign of strength, not weakness; of character not cowardice. I am not groveling, nor bootlikicking, and why an apology might be unusual for this particular corner of the interwebs, I feel it was necessary in this case. Let me explain.

Regardless of the outcome of the ban, I'm hopeful that this will end the constant tension between certain members on this server. If that takes a little bending of the knee then so be it. But I, like I imagine most other players, enjoy playing on VG for the game and the community. I don't enjoy having to deal with personal grievances, both perceived and rightfully founded.

No player should have to rules-lawyer his way through the a game we all play for fun. This shouldn't be an arms race between who can get who banned first, but I am worried that is where we're headed. So, rather than continue this destructive and counterproductive practice, I have extended an olive branch. Here's hoping that it's taken.

Now we come to the issue at hand. In my opinion, the ban was excessive for the reason I've listed elsewhere. If this truly is a 'forum,' should not my reasoning be heard? Does not context matter? Rightly so, I cannot be judge and jury of my own violation, so I turn to the community.

Obviously, this is not a court of law, but I would hope that the circumstances be taken into consideration just as they would be there. Furthermore, like in a court, I am hopeful that the judges are reasonable individuals who can tell the difference between sincerity and sarcasm. If the punishment is suppose to fit the crime, as it were, I would hope my sincerity sways them to reconsider my circumstance. This is, after all, part of what appeal processes are for.

I'm content to let bygones by bygone. As I stated, I hold no enmity towards anyone on this server. But in order for an equitable resolution to be had by all, I feel my case should be reevaluated.

Regards,
Myre
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 09:12:59 pm »

All he's trying to do is apologize. He's not asking for his ban to be appealed anymore he just feels bad about what happened and is apologizing while trying to end hostilities between REIGN and Otrofer. We've tried to be the bigger man despite said player gathering people to gank us before raid times, harassing us in world chat, and attacking our ventrillo server. All acts have been committed repeatedly as a result of being removed from the guild. This multiboxing incident is another way he's trying to harass by trying to getour members banned. He finds some thrill in all of it and we've repeatedly talked with him asking him to stop. We plan to continue our raids despite his attempts at undermining us but I just wanted to bring to light the sort of person he is. To Otrofer, again sorry you got removed and sorry you can't handle it like a man.
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 09:18:23 pm »

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm a straight shooter. I try to play by the rules and if, by chance, I happen to be violating one of them, well then I'm happy to apologize. This is a sign of strength, not weakness; of character not cowardice. I am not groveling, nor bootlikicking, and why an apology might be unusual for this particular corner of the interwebs, I feel it was necessary in this case. Let me explain.

Regardless of the outcome of the ban, I'm hopeful that this will end the constant tension between certain members on this server. If that takes a little bending of the knee then so be it. But I, like I imagine most other players, enjoy playing on VG for the game and the community. I don't enjoy having to deal with personal grievances, both perceived and rightfully founded.

No player should have to rules-lawyer his way through the a game we all play for fun. This shouldn't be an arms race between who can get who banned first, but I am worried that is where we're headed. So, rather than continue this destructive and counterproductive practice, I have extended an olive branch. Here's hoping that it's taken.

Now we come to the issue at hand. In my opinion, the ban was excessive for the reason I've listed elsewhere. If this truly is a 'forum,' should not my reasoning be heard? Does not context matter? Rightly so, I cannot be judge and jury of my own violation, so I turn to the community.

Obviously, this is not a court of law, but I would hope that the circumstances be taken into consideration just as they would be there. Furthermore, like in a court, I am hopeful that the judges are reasonable individuals who can tell the difference between sincerity and sarcasm. If the punishment is suppose to fit the crime, as it were, I would hope my sincerity sways them to reconsider my circumstance. This is, after all, part of what appeal processes are for.

I'm content to let bygones by bygone. As I stated, I hold no enmity towards anyone on this server. But in order for an equitable resolution to be had by all, I feel my case should be reevaluated.

Regards,
Myre

Make sure to use common sense and read the rules about multiboxing before you decide to do it on servers. Some ban for it and it was a mistake on your part to choose ignorance. Although apologizing and making it seem like it was personal and intentional you are still at fault for breaking the rules and it is out of your control + you are no exception. If you don't want to get banned in the future i suggest you read the rules when starting a new server.
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 03:18:41 am »

All he's trying to do is apologize. He's not asking for his ban to be appealed anymore he just feels bad about what happened and is apologizing while trying to end hostilities between REIGN and Otrofer. We've tried to be the bigger man despite said player gathering people to gank us before raid times, harassing us in world chat, and attacking our ventrillo server. All acts have been committed repeatedly as a result of being removed from the guild. This multiboxing incident is another way he's trying to harass by trying to getour members banned. He finds some thrill in all of it and we've repeatedly talked with him asking him to stop. We plan to continue our raids despite his attempts at undermining us but I just wanted to bring to light the sort of person he is. To Otrofer, again sorry you got removed and sorry you can't handle it like a man.

It's funny how these new members of REIGN comes and trash talks like they know what theyr talking about. First of all its me who left REIGN i did not get removed, i decided to move on cause i dont wanna be in BWL for 5months period. I started this private server to get nostalgic feeling from the content vanilla had. And I do appreciate the apologize from Myre eventho this whole thread makes it looks what it looks. It doesn't change the fact that Myre crossed the server rules.

All I do is farm higher rank in pvp. Im not pointing fingers to kill only REIGN members, as in this server you should know when battlegrounds not up you need to do world pvp to gain much honor to get rank ups.

Regards,
Otrofer
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:27:29 am by Otrofer » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 10:28:16 am »

Haha Otrofer you have to have at least some gear to get high PvP rank, 2k as a Mage, is a two hit from the right warrior as witness earlier tonight. However please to feel free to bring your sad excuse of a Mage back to the SW or IF, the alliance blades thirst for weak mages.
 Oh and it might help if you get your Mage carried in gear too since that is your most notable skill this community has seen.

Regards,
Law Abiding Citizen
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 11:27:18 pm »

Haha Otrofer you have to have at least some gear to get high PvP rank, 2k as a Mage, is a two hit from the right warrior as witness earlier tonight. However please to feel free to bring your sad excuse of a Mage back to the SW or IF, the alliance blades thirst for weak mages.
 Oh and it might help if you get your Mage carried in gear too since that is your most notable skill this community has seen.

Regards,
Law Abiding Citizen

That hate n rage Cheesy love it!

Regards,
Otrofer
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: