December 15, 2019, 09:33:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146998 Posts in 17853 Topics- by 32920 Members - Latest Member: TGARNET
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Melinia's Tester App  (Read 8205 times)
View Profile
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:47:58 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Melinia (Horde)

Q2. What is your real name?
Doug DeGroff

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
Southern California

Q4. How old are you?

Q5. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?
Played retail from mid vanilla through Ulduar of Wotlk expansion. I did not clear raid content in vanilla, only 5 mans.

Q6. Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a student working towards becoming a police officer currently. I raid with Omega on horde and do my best to help the guild progress as an officer.

Q7. Explain why you think you would be a good Tester.
I really just want to help the server in whatever way possible. Many people say this so I know I may not stand out but I really will do whatever the staff wants me to do to help. If bugs need testing I will reproduce them and document everything no matter how long or how boring it may seem. If they want me to just play finding as many bugs as possible I will record every bug I come across. I really just want to help the devs out as much as possible.

Q8. What interests you most about becoming a Tester ?
Helping the server. I think Vanilla Gaming is an amazing server, regardless of the small population and the bugs. I think even with these it is one of the best vanilla servers out there and if I can help to improve it in any way then it just makes playing here and being a part of the community even easier.

Q9. Do you know WHAT a Tester does? Please explain.
I know that testers have access to just about any skill/item in the game and that they can just about go anywhere on the private test realm. Testers are either given assignments via developers to test things that they are working on or going to work on or in their time not on assignments should actively be playing trying to find and give feedback to the developers on new bugs.

Q10. What do you think is the most important thing a Tester can do?
To test. I will spend as much time as I possibly can to work towards helping the developers.

Q11. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
To be a little more open with the community. I think that often when bugs are reported they are viewed but not replied on by any GMs/Devs and while we know that they are noticed people can often feel like they are being ignored. If at all possible I would love to share with the community when something in the PTR has progress made on it, whether it is small or large, It brings faith to the players that the developers care.

Q12. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I just try to be as helpful and friendly as I can when playing on VG. It seems small but the interactions when playing with other people and keeping player retention up is important for a server of our size. I try to make everything about positive reinforcement in Omega and have felt that It is vital in keeping the guild going strong. When players in our guild use this in their play outside of raid and in their interaction with other members of the server I think it helps the server to maintain population among new members especially.

Q13. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?
As someone who is pursuing a career in law enforcement these values are exactly what I'm about. The means by which I help run Omega and by which I conduct myself everyday on VG is a testament to this.

Q14. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?
No. I have positive interactions with several GMs currently. I will not name them for confidentiality but I would hope that they would vouch for me.

Q15. What can you do to help the server grow?
I stated this earlier but the difference between someone quitting and someone staying and raiding on VG for a year or more can be as small as one 5 man or trade with another player. I do everything in my power to help new players and to not outcast veteran players of the server. I believe that everyone should have a fair shot and have held true to that.

Q16. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?
I've thought about applying for tester for roughly a month now and always asked myself "Why would they not want you to be a tester?" and the answer that I always came up with is that I don't really have vanilla retail experience. No I did not play much vanilla and do not have insight into what was considered blizzlike and what was not, but that's not what I'm really applying for. I'm applying to work towards taking information in bug reports and known VG bugs of which I'm quite confident I know very much about and trying to work towards fixing these issues.

The other reason I could see people being against my app is that I don't have that much thread activity and no real bug reports. One of the big reasons I stay away from posting on the forums, although I do read everything that's posted on the forums, is that it ultimately becomes a post farming war or a flaming war and don't ever want to have my name involved in those kinds of things. On top of that most of the bugs I know about are pretty common knowledge and putting out bug reports for them is likely just reposting an older thread that has gotten burried.

That being said I really hope that people can overlook these things and know that I just want to help in any way I can. Thank you.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:57:22 am »

+1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 07:03:38 am »

I don't like cops -1.

MCB
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 07:05:05 am »

+1
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 07:15:42 am »

It would definitely be nice to have another person on NA timezone to work with, especially Mel.
HUGE +1
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 08:27:39 am »

+1
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 10:00:04 am »

+1 for Doug E. Fresh
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 10:24:28 am »

+1 This has been approved by maha.
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 10:28:16 am »

Mel is an intelligent, well spoken and thoughtful individual. He has shown time after time that he not only cares deeply about the community of this server, but would be an ideal candidate to aide in testing the remaining content. +101010101
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 12:08:17 pm »

+1 would be great for testing all things in the healing department.
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 03:38:44 pm »

So, an American police officer. What are you gonna do when you get to be a GM, shoot Ninjaassasin in the back perhaps?
 Smiley

Felicitas
Tester
Lusse / Grooveshark
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 04:03:48 pm »

So, an American police officer. What are you gonna do when you get to be a GM, shoot Ninjaassasin in the back perhaps?
 Smiley
lol Dereck, learn the differences between tester and game master, then comment if you really feel like you have to.

+1 for melinia

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 04:47:22 pm »

+1 Hi Mel
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 05:41:02 pm »

Smiley
lol Dereck, learn the differences between tester and game master, then comment if you really feel like you have to.

+1 for melinia
To be absolutely honest, I didn't even read what the application is for so I guess this one was on me.

You know I know the difference!

Felicitas
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 07:39:02 pm »

+1 for mel
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: