July 03, 2022, 10:25:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149002 Posts in 18132 Topics- by 34430 Members - Latest Member: abosan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Plezzure GM Application  (Read 35383 times)
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 06:58:39 am »

14 hours is overkill... Warning signs -1
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 11:33:52 am »

NOOOO , i quit server if this retard becomes GM lol
-1 !

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 12:18:49 pm »

NOOOO , i quit server if this retard becomes GM lol
-1 !

Thanks Timel.

What have you done to help promote the server?
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 08:02:38 am »

I might appear rude, but the application's answers look short to me. Mostly, they are reasonable answers, but they lack personality so to speak. I think, as Vanilla Gaming is running right now the lack of more elaborate answers, and the limited time that you have spent in the server works against you.

Spend more time in the server, write a few good drafts of your application, make it something to stand out that actually shows how much you care about the server, and how your work might contribute to it as a game master.
Bring me a challenge.
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 05:15:27 pm »

this dude spends 14 hours on the server daily?  yo thats fucked up

This means he will be an active GM.

I'm not too sure that it true, we have enough GMs who play their ingame characters instead of answering tickets already. Playing on this server for such a long time every day makes it apparent that he enjoys actually playing on this server, which is great, but we need people who will actually enjoy being a GM, not people who enjoy playing around.  It seems highly likely that he will be playing on his ingame character when the bulk of tickets get made, making him a useless addition to the GM staff. People who raid during EU raid times can not be helpful to EU guilds that need GM assistance.

IMO we should be looking for people who will be active GMs, but don't have a huge amount of their life invested into playing their characters every day. People like Plezzure who spend so much time wrapped up in server drama that they create threads like this one http://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=17722.0 to foster drama between two guilds don't really strike me as the sort of person you can rely on to remain impartial.  We need GMs who can remain emotionally stable, not people who spend over half their day becoming emotionally invested and are likely to be overly emotional when faced with tough/annoying situations. It's pretty clear from Plezzure's posts in his rage thread that he can not remain calm or impartial. Does anyone really think letting someone who, after seeing the actions of 1 player immediately  made a thread to discredit that player's entire guild, become a GM is actually a good idea? Next you will say I should be a GM lol.

-1 for being emotionally unstable and prejudice.
What kaylolz said ^ , so true!
-1 from me too.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:17:22 pm by Nerz » Logged
<Champion> of Chaos
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 06:46:26 pm »

Well the application is not bad, but as i heard youre a mean person to others not from your guild, if your guildies vouch for u that doesent mean alot gl.
A -1 from me.

Trakan/Aip/Katite/Mirrors/Kuoma you know whats next Smiley
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 10:17:46 pm »

I might appear rude, but the application's answers look short to me. Mostly, they are reasonable answers, but they lack personality so to speak. I think, as Vanilla Gaming is running right now the lack of more elaborate answers, and the limited time that you have spent in the server works against you.

Spend more time in the server, write a few good drafts of your application, make it something to stand out that actually shows how much you care about the server, and how your work might contribute to it as a game master.

Couldn't say it better. Stay some more time and you might have your chance imo.
-1 from me
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 01:31:08 am »

why continue to vote, unless it's just to help the server? 

Pretty shitty attitude for a potential GM to have if you ask me.

Another -1 from me.

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 02:43:36 am »

To be honest I don't understand why these GM apps have to be public, it's not like the community gets to choose the GM's and in all honesty, when was the last time a player got accepted as GM because of a public application?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 05:55:00 am »

To be honest I don't understand why these GM apps have to be public, it's not like the community gets to choose the GM's and in all honesty, when was the last time a player got accepted as GM because of a public application?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 06:04:28 am »

Ive owned my own server that was very popular with a population, and maintained population of over 10,000 Players.

We never publicized applications, because the only things it does.. is #1.. Create drama,  then people will figure out who's a GM and who's not a GM, creating favoritism.    It also allows forum trolls to create circumstances that just aren't true, and have no knowledge about that player.   Most people only know or get the "bad" things players do, and report on that.. but anything good someone does, goes unnoticed, just like real life.   No one remembers you for the good things you've done, people always remember the bad.  Creating and making applications public, will most of the time disable GM's to actively recruit, because if 1 person says 1 bad thing.. then it can tarnish your reputation.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be letting 15 year olds, typing furiously, sway your decision on recruiting GM's.

If I don't get GM I'm not going to be upset, I applied because I have knowledge about TC as well as MangOs Zero commands, and have successfully tested and led my own servers, and I can easily be an addition to your team.

Nevertheless, most GM's are required to play for atleast 1 year.   Which is fine,  I specifically asked Zeard on skype if I should apply, with my experience as a GM in the past, and he said do it anyways, without being here for a year.

So.. with that being said, if you think that I really am a "problem" or "have a shitty attitude" because for whatever reason you create in your mind that made you think that. 

You're wrong.

I've created over 15 videos for this server,  Streaming everyday with 100's of Viewers joining the server..   Found 5 developers who are talking with Zeard currently, to try to fix the bugs, and PvE / PvP related issues, which I did all myself, with no pay or incentive..   

If you think I'm unqualified for those reasons.  Decline me. 

But don't sit behind your computer and say I have a shitty attitude about the server, when all im doing is promoting and trying to get people to join the server, whilst you're sitting behind your computer "trolling the forums" and doing nothing for the VG Community except for making your own self happy by trying to flame and troll others. 

If you disagree, that's fine.  But don't create unnecessary drama, that isn't true, and implant an idea into others that would only hurt the community.  This is simply not about you.  It's about the server.  If you want to see it fail, I guess you should continue being, rude, indecent.    If you want the server to grow, then you'll want to do whatever you can to find players / GM's / Dev's that are willing to do whatever they need to, to make the server a better community.

Thanks

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 07:21:38 am »

What a fallacious wall of text.

MCB
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 07:43:21 am »

Fantastic arguements. Who could imagine reasonable thought could exist here. Although it has been proposed that our +'s don't count or matter, I'm going to put mine anyway. If not in a Game master role I think you could prove beneficial. Best of luck.

+1
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:20:43 am by viile » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 10:59:05 am »

What is the normal process to becoming a GM anyway? Is there an interview after this application is posted? Is it decided solely based upon the public forum application???

Seriously, have a chat with this guy, check his references or something. He seems at least professional in his application
This isnt a +1 or a -1 post...I'd really just like to see some kind of "official" response
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 02:15:01 pm »

It's an antiquated habit that private servers have. Since they are mostly lacking in someone shuffling the applications exclusively and figuring out the proper human talent, it's often the admins, or an admin (that could very well be the owner or the co-owner of the server) that handles reviewing the applications. Sometimes, it becomes a popularity contest that makes players scream for a certain person to become a GM (and in my experience, those people are among the first to be poor at their work) so it's an overall ugly, outdated and impractical system of getting new people in the staff, and very conservative just to avoid a potential someone that might abuse their voluntary role. (That could be altogether avoided, or at least limited by having someone responsible for hunting and reviewing talent)

It's more or less what happens with web design on private servers (Vanilla Gaming included) that they lack a dedicated web designer, or web developer (who also can actually handle design) so things get outdated over time, and even look broken.

Essentially public applications allow the players to help in filtering out worthy and unworthy candidates instead of someone with that role. Cutting down the number of volunteer staff in favor of letting players have a say about who is "proper" for a role or not. Whether this system works it depends on the admins or an admin, and I could argue about effectiveness, but ultimately, I wouldn't expect to hear the public outcome publicly especially when they are trying to follow Blizzard's semi-flawed model. Plus, sometimes public opinion is taken with a grain of salt.

Just to note; I am talking out of my experience, and I am making a couple of assumptions based on what I know. I don't have a magical sphere to see how the staff in VG works, so don't really take to the heart what I am saying here.

Seriously, have a chat with this guy, check his references or something. He seems at least professional in his application
This isnt a +1 or a -1 post...I'd really just like to see some kind of "official" response

I wouldn't hold my breath to have staff chatter in the public about whether or not accepting a new GM into the staff. (Nor it's one that will take place anytime soon, mind you) Usually that involves looking at a person's history, whether they are lying or not, their intentions and critiques fly all over the place. It's not something you want for everyone to see.

Ive owned my own server that was very popular with a population, and maintained population of over 10,000 Players.

We never publicized applications, because the only things it does.. is #1.. Create drama,  then people will figure out who's a GM and who's not a GM, creating favoritism.    It also allows forum trolls to create circumstances that just aren't true, and have no knowledge about that player.   Most people only know or get the "bad" things players do, and report on that.. but anything good someone does, goes unnoticed, just like real life.   No one remembers you for the good things you've done, people always remember the bad.  Creating and making applications public, will most of the time disable GM's to actively recruit, because if 1 person says 1 bad thing.. then it can tarnish your reputation.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be letting 15 year olds, typing furiously, sway your decision on recruiting GM's.

If I don't get GM I'm not going to be upset, I applied because I have knowledge about TC as well as MangOs Zero commands, and have successfully tested and led my own servers, and I can easily be an addition to your team.

Nevertheless, most GM's are required to play for atleast 1 year.   Which is fine,  I specifically asked Zeard on skype if I should apply, with my experience as a GM in the past, and he said do it anyways, without being here for a year.

So.. with that being said, if you think that I really am a "problem" or "have a shitty attitude" because for whatever reason you create in your mind that made you think that.

It's not my place to say this, but; you opened your application July 12th. Have some patience.

If you have any issues with the system (and I also agree with you in some of your arguments) there are better places to discuss them in a more calm and informative manner than your own GM application. However, playing the role of the victim isn't going to help you. Since people are criticizing you; mind you, people will do that when applications are public, and you shouldn't let their opinions hurt you, instead try to understand where they come from, and discard the useless ones that don't add anything.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:36:02 pm by Clarity » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: