October 23, 2018, 04:50:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144272 Posts in 17401 Topics- by 29980 Members - Latest Member: Lumbarin
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Perma-Banning Hackers  (Read 2220 times)
Retired Annual World Channel Shitposter
View Profile
« on: March 14, 2015, 10:09:53 pm »

Your system is okay, but it has a flaw, not significant, but it exists.

The next time you see a hacker, instead of banning his IP/Account, ban all the characters on the specific account.
That way, each time he logs into the account he can suffer from what he had done. He will be close, yet far from playing his character he spent hours developing.

They demanded I change my signature, so I did.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 10:13:49 pm »

He cannot log in the account if the account is banned. Your post doesn't make any sense to be honest.
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 10:46:16 pm »

I don't know if banning specific characters is even possible.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »

He cannot log in the account if the account is banned. Your post doesn't make any sense to be honest.
I know that very well. It would be harder, but just banning the characters can make him log in and see them. And you know the feel when your parents locked something you wanted so hard Tongue

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 10:59:54 pm »

Pretty sure it is.

I know that very well. It would be harder, but just banning the characters can make him log in and see them. And you know the feel when your parents locked something you wanted so hard Tongue

Even tho it would hurt more to see the character and not be able to play it, he still is a hacker, a pest to the community, an infestation. And we're the exterminators.
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 11:33:53 pm »

Pretty sure it is.

Even tho it would hurt more to see the character and not be able to play it, he still is a hacker, a pest to the community, an infestation. And we're the exterminators.

But perma banning IP address doesn't stop anyone. If one hacks one, nothing shall stop him from doing it twice.

Renew
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 02:38:07 am »

But perma banning IP address doesn't stop anyone. If one hacks one, nothing shall stop him from doing it twice.

most of he hackers have geared lvl60 characters..if you dont IP them, VG would become place full of hack-trolls...
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 11:58:53 pm »

100% agree. ip ban is too extreme. that should be reserved for 3rd hacking attempt. even then, with ip spoofing it doesnt really do much damage to hard core hackers. mainly regular players who hacked 1x.

funny how this server is "blizzlike" but not when it comes to banning. blizzard gives 48 hr ban for 1st time offense, at least back when i played in LK.

one Hunter I pvped with started hacking after I got into his chopper. he started flying all the way into Orgrimmar. I didnt have a choice once i got in and saw what was going on. if Blizz caught us, id get ip banned? that's just too much imo.
<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 02:08:56 am »

The punishment is not to be malicious its to protect the server. permanent IP ban is justified.

Also  I doubt any of the actual posters of this post will see it but no banning specific Characters is not possible.

Lol at responding to a 3 year old post.... Oh wait now I'm doing it... what have I done.

Head Gamemaster
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 11:04:10 am »

For a moment I was thinking that I have found a time machine. A man can only dream...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 04:20:12 pm »

For a moment I was thinking that I have found a time machine. A man can only dream...

Ye, id take time machine to new core release Wink
Head Gamemaster
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 04:59:22 pm »

Ye, id take time machine to new core release Wink
I would love to see how the 22nd century is going to look like Cheesy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 06:33:52 pm »

Thats too early. New core will  bereleased after classic in retail lol

"In this world where time is your enemy, it is my greatest ally. This grand game of life that you think you play in fact plays you. To that I say... Let the games begin!" - Nefarian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: