December 08, 2021, 04:53:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148896 Posts in 18117 Topics- by 34257 Members - Latest Member: beatycare
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So, question.  (Read 2162 times)
View Profile Email
« on: January 25, 2015, 03:04:30 am »

Why the x15 option? that does not seem very vanilla like. Yes, it's nice to give people options but isn't that why we would be playing on a server like this in the first place? Longevity is difficulty, which is why I would want to join a vanilla Wow server, besides the nostalgia, but I am totally turned off by the fact that you can level at 15 times the normal rate, even if you can turn it off. I'm sure this has been brought up before, I have played - for a while so the grind has always been an annoying but rewarding part of the game. - has the idea, but not the populace. I guess I am looking for some convincing.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:01:29 am by Sins » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 03:41:04 am »

Its so that there are enough people to make endgame content viable. Helps leveling another class for your guild easier. (I imagine that's what Vengeance? is having problems with)

Most players are here for the Raid content, not the leveling content. But the very nice Dev's have allowed you to slow down that XP as well if you want to re-live the leveling and questing experience.
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 06:52:12 am »

Yeah Curve.
If they didn't have the 15x option, there would be a population of 20 or so people on the server.
I play at 60 because I missed being 60. Not because I wanted to quest forever. Now, I am not knocking on anyone who plays 1x, i just don't see the point of spending a full month leveling to 60.
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:43:24 am »

I suppose because it would make hitting level 60 feel like an accomplishment. That's what has died in current MMOs is that feeling, but it is because of the time it takes, and obviously would cater to a different type of gamer. However, I do understand the need for 15x if that is what makes the server active. It just doesn't register to me though because if you want to play a game in it's natural, original state, that just clearly defeats the purpose, besides being free, which in the tough economic times we are in, I can understand as well.

Also I assume it's a pvp server? I believe a lot of people may have started with the 1x leveling, gotten PK'ed a few times, said "eff this" immediately turned on 15x. Too much player power in my opinion, completely giving in to that McMMO effect that is widespread and rampant.

However! Props to the devs in creating an active server which I could see many people enjoy. I don't believe I will be partaking though. Good luck and have fun.
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 07:09:49 pm »

I promise you that it is deffinately worth it.
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:52 pm »

I suppose because it would make hitting level 60 feel like an accomplishment. That's what has died in current MMOs is that feeling, but it is because of the time it takes, and obviously would cater to a different type of gamer. However, I do understand the need for 15x if that is what makes the server active. It just doesn't register to me though because if you want to play a game in it's natural, original state, that just clearly defeats the purpose, besides being free, which in the tough economic times we are in, I can understand as well.

Also I assume it's a pvp server? I believe a lot of people may have started with the 1x leveling, gotten PK'ed a few times, said "eff this" immediately turned on 15x. Too much player power in my opinion, completely giving in to that McMMO effect that is widespread and rampant.

However! Props to the devs in creating an active server which I could see many people enjoy. I don't believe I will be partaking though. Good luck and have fun.

trust me, you enjoy a lot less immersion of the original game in 1x underdeveloped servers than here, probably the most advanced one. So i really suggest you to partake despite the option for 15x or 1x , sure it felt as an accomplishment back then and still does to level all the way with 1x, but for a brief moment as truly the game only begins at that point, and in my opinion the accomplishment feeling of reaching 60 like that can by no means overcome the quality demand of endgame which your basically setting completely as secondary factor when you roll on any of those small servers, or even on the biggest one if youve for one seen their naxx scripting quality as comparison
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:40:41 pm by Sins » Logged

Sins : Staff character
Sin : Player character

GM / Staff complaints are sent to me Erga or Zeard via pm, not posted on forums, there they will be deleted on sight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: