December 14, 2017, 10:18:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
139561 Posts in 16822 Topics- by 28282 Members - Latest Member: Fulanito
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiboxing - A starter guide  (Read 40731 times)
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2016, 01:21:56 pm »

i used to just have a separate macro - healer would start following random dps since dont need to face to heal then the 3 dps would switch follow to the healer lol
this was forever ago tho so theres prob simple macro for it
or if u can bind something like f9 to strafe left on the 4 slave chars so follow stops

Configure you LPM to not follow the leader. ever.
Have one key (8 is mine for example) that activates a macro that says: /follow <insert-tank-name>

works for me.

besides that my key broadcaster is configured not to broadcast "wasd" but to broadcast directional keys (arrows), meaning that I can move each box independently or all at the same time if I choose so.

if you "crying" in the forums of a game, that game is not for you or you would be there...in the game...playing it instead.
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 11:57:43 pm »

i used to just have a separate macro - healer would start following random dps since dont need to face to heal then the 3 dps would switch follow to the healer lol
this was forever ago tho so theres prob simple macro for it
or if u can bind something like f9 to strafe left on the 4 slave chars so follow stops

Configure you LPM to not follow the leader. ever.
Have one key (8 is mine for example) that activates a macro that says: /follow <insert-tank-name>

works for me.

besides that my key broadcaster is configured not to broadcast "wasd" but to broadcast directional keys (arrows), meaning that I can move each box independently or all at the same time if I choose so.

Thank you two so much for your input. I will try it as soon as I have some spare time, cheers!
View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 02:29:11 pm »

Using arrows works like a charm to keep alts in place while the tank pulls, awesome.

It's been a while and I want to rack up my game, trying to use more than 5 chars. For that I want to lower the settings in the "WTF/config.wtf" for all chars except one.

From googling there are 2 options:
1. create a backup of my current config, copy pasta "lower settings config", load all chars and when done mboxing, I copy paste my original (main) settings back to the config. Guess there's a better way.

2. I read about installing WoW to a seperate partion, so I would have to use an external HDD (meh) but I could use 2 different config settings. Is there a way in Hotkeynet to use two different directories, as in %2% path to WoW?

Code:
//=============================================================================
//
// LAUNCH AND RENAME THE WOW WINDOWS.
// THIS IS FROM THE HOTKEYNET FORUMS.
//
// LaunchAndRename1.................LaunchAndRename2
// %1% : PC to use......................%1% : PC to use
// %2% : path to WoW..................%2% : path to WoW
// %3% : name of the Window.........%3% : name of the Window
// %4% : e-mail..........................%4% : x-pos
// %5% : password......................%5% : y-pos
//.........................................%6% : width
//.........................................%7% : height
//.........................................%8% : e-mail
//.........................................%9% : password

How did you solve this guys?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:34:19 pm by Gorgorel » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 03:10:21 pm »

Using arrows works like a charm to keep alts in place while the tank pulls, awesome.

It's been a while and I want to rack up my game, trying to use more than 5 chars. For that I want to lower the settings in the "WTF/config.wtf" for all chars except one.

From googling there are 2 options:
1. create a backup of my current config, copy pasta "lower settings config", load all chars and when done mboxing, I copy paste my original (main) settings back to the config. Guess there's a better way.

2. I read about installing WoW to a seperate partion, so I would have to use an external HDD (meh) but I could use 2 different config settings. Is there a way in Hotkeynet to use two different directories, as in %2% path to WoW?

Code:
//=============================================================================
//
// LAUNCH AND RENAME THE WOW WINDOWS.
// THIS IS FROM THE HOTKEYNET FORUMS.
//
// LaunchAndRename1.................LaunchAndRename2
// %1% : PC to use......................%1% : PC to use
// %2% : path to WoW..................%2% : path to WoW
// %3% : name of the Window.........%3% : name of the Window
// %4% : e-mail..........................%4% : x-pos
// %5% : password......................%5% : y-pos
//.........................................%6% : width
//.........................................%7% : height
//.........................................%8% : e-mail
//.........................................%9% : password

How did you solve this guys?

I'm using one folder for my main wow client and another folder for my multibox ed characters.

Main char uses:
Code:
<LaunchAndRename1 local "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic\WoW.exe" Leader Account password>
The multibox characters:
Code:
<LaunchAndRename2 local "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft multibox\WoW.exe" char1 0 0 1920 795  Account password>

Notice the difference in "LaunchAndRename1" and "LaunchAndRename2" as well as the path.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:40:05 pm by Atreyyo » Logged

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 03:51:08 pm »

Works, awesome! Thank you so much!
<Everest>
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2017, 09:45:19 am »

Hey Atreyyo,

I've plunged in the world of multiboxing recently. With your guide the 5 and 10 mans were no trouble at all, so now I'm stepping up to 20 mans and Maybe some MC bosses. I'm just wondering in How you handled your melee characters. I've seen you do some good dps on both Atreyyo and Akizu once in UBRS. The only idea I came up with is to have melees on follow on tank / assist / and place NPC correctly so melee can attack. Would you mind sharing your way?

In case you have any other awesome macro's to share Please don't hesitate to enlighten me.

<Everest> "Grotesque, massive and significant"

Join us on http://everest.shivtr.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 07:23:24 am »

Hey Atreyyo,

I've plunged in the world of multiboxing recently. With your guide the 5 and 10 mans were no trouble at all, so now I'm stepping up to 20 mans and Maybe some MC bosses. I'm just wondering in How you handled your melee characters. I've seen you do some good dps on both Atreyyo and Akizu once in UBRS. The only idea I came up with is to have melees on follow on tank / assist / and place NPC correctly so melee can attack. Would you mind sharing your way?

In case you have any other awesome macro's to share Please don't hesitate to enlighten me.

I made some modifications a while ago to the lazypig multibox addon and added function to handle my melee characters.

It's nothing too high tech just simplified stuff.

Basicly they assist the character I'm currently using as main and also follows it until I tell them not to Smiley

Can easily be made with a normal macro

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 12:40:53 pm »

This guide has not been updated for a long time and probably won't be updated anymore either.

I suggest that you visit Furyswipes multiboxing website for guides, tutorials and more about multiboxing.

furyswipes.wix.com/mysite

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: