February 25, 2020, 11:30:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147412 Posts in 17896 Topics- by 33085 Members - Latest Member: Cinare
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rogue PvP Enchantments  (Read 13610 times)
View Profile Email
« on: December 02, 2014, 06:07:44 am »

So there has been an ongoing debate between rogues on enchantment choices for PvP.
Assuming we are a prep/cold blood daggers spec, (21/8/22) what are the best enchantments on our daggers?
Some say it's +15 agi/+15agi to max out crit chance and add to dodge and armor--?
Some say it's Crusader/Crusader to maximize damage output overall (I heard Crusader procs more in this server than it should. Is that true? Does that make this choice more optimal?)
Some say it's +5 Weapon Damage/+15 agi to maximize Backstab and Ambush damage

Or some other mix between those listed. Does anyone know what the best combination of enchantments would be, and why?
Everyone seems to just be able to provide their opinion, and no real facts or numbers on why they chose what they do. If someone could provide some reasoning behind the choice things would be a lot easier.
If this has already been covered in another thread somewhere I apologize, and please provide links.

Thank you in advance!
MCB
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:33:30 am »

+5 weapon dmg = about 40 Ap on a 1.8 speed dagger
+15 agility = 15 ap and ~.5%c crit
crusader = 100 ap + 100? healing proc

I don't like crusader for daggers because daggers are supposed to be very bursty, with very little uptime on targets. Which is kinda what vanilla pvp is anyway. You're also using 60 energy for an attack, so that means without using thistle tea you're going to use 2 attacks before you're energy bankrupt. the chance of getting a crusader proc to benefit you on those attacks is low, even with vanilla gaming's % procs instead of ppms. In most situations, notice the word most, +5 and 15 agility will bear you the most fruit.
Flask runs out
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 02:32:03 pm »

1 str = 1.1 ap for rogues.

Crusader = 110 ap = 7.2 damage

The healing effect is so small it is not worth mentioning when considering enchants. As dagger I would go for +5 damage on main hand no matter if it is for pve or pvp. Crusader is a good 2nd choice in my book. If you can time your BS with Crusader being active it is more damage, but very chaotic and bound on luck. Crusader will only be active ~half of the time since 2 Live Updates ago (still higher than retail's proc chance). The difference is small between the 2 enchants, but it is in +5 dmg favor according to our testing in Unique.

For your off hand Crusader is probably the best choice. I'm currently testing +15 agility. At the moment it is less damage than with Crusader. It might change once I get another T3 piece which will make my crits more vital.

1 agility = 1 ap + 0.034 % Critical. It means 29 agi = 29 ap + 1 % critical

If you are sword rogue Crusader is best on both hands since you will be using Eviscerate a lot more which is not affected by your weapon damage, but by your AP.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:42:34 pm by Pagos » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:47:31 pm »

I believe we are talking PvP here? Have to agree with Ville on this one, atleast how i understood his post.
5 weapon damage MH dagger or 15 agi for more sustainability/some extra dodge (15agi = 1% dodge in my book). As dagger your uptime on target in PvP environment will be limited and u want those couple of backstabs to matter once u get a chance to land them. Goes for Ambush openers aswell.
Crusader is too unreliable and can proc anytime, hell u might even sit a full sheep/blind into it while its up. As for procs, i think it shouldnt even be ppm mechanics but pph with linear formula of Weaponspeed x constant number (1.5 if im not mistaken (retail version)). Here values might be the same just the problem is it procs for both weapons on any weapon swing (meaning it can proc twice from single hit if ur lucky enough - hence the increasement in uptime for crusader, requires more testing tho).

As for offhands i prefer 15agi in pvp always.

Also i strongly believe that in environment small as VG one is, there cant really be some true testing of which enchant is better, but which one fits u the best as a player. There are not equal players in terms of skill/playstyle/opinions, so choices are therefor individual. PvE u can always rely on spreadsheets and u can see if someone is underperforming on single target like Patch. PvP, not really, and chances that having 5weapon dmg/15agi/crusader on your weapon will be the crucial factor why u`re losing 1v1s or any other engagement are minor.
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 04:18:55 pm »

As a dagger rogue i prefer to have crusader on my OH. It's not static like 15+agi but it's a huge gain when it proc's and, it actually proc's in 2/3 fights more or less, wich makes it a better enchant in my opinion
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 03:29:58 pm »

i would agree with jeep here. 15 agi is something i can do without tho 100 ap is huge when ur lucky with it. and that 100 hp is not to be dissmissed =).
<Exodus>
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 06:19:40 pm »

Yeah. The PvP enchants are pretty basic.

M/H: 33 Healing Spells  for when you need to bandaid yourself
O/H: Icy cause pewpew

I once got the Right Bindings...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: