February 25, 2020, 11:06:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147411 Posts in 17896 Topics- by 33085 Members - Latest Member: Cinare
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Working / Not working rogue talents (Calling wannabe testers.)  (Read 7210 times)
View Profile
« on: October 05, 2014, 12:56:21 pm »

concerning feint, i have had multiple occasions when overaggroing and hitting feint the mob will drop aggro on me. i dont know about ktm but i dont trust it anyway
<Exodus>
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 02:45:42 am »

How would you test murder?

I once got the Right Bindings...
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:05:12 am »

Spec the same 5 points in the tree the same, then add murder. Both times, track a long bout of fighting the same mobs without it, then with it.
the nerdiest dps VG
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 06:06:10 am »

How to test murder:
Leave 2 points untalented -> find dragon / human / watever fits with 0 armor -> cast kick -> check damage (should be 80) -> spec 2/2 murder -> kick again -> profit

To realize how feint works you guys need to understand how threat works!
Threat is a flat number u do to the boss as u do damage/healing...
When you do 1k damage without any threat modifiers(blessing of salvation, tranq totem, talents) you will do 1k threat also... When the character with aggro on the boss gets beaten in threat done by a certain percentage (unsure about vanilla values) then the aggro goes to the guy "overagroing". To get back the aggro from the boss the tank needs to beat the new "MT" by a certain percentage again... So after you did 50k threat on the boss and tank did 50k also if you overagro by jumping to 55k then -500 threat from feint will usually not remove the aggro from you, death however will do so... Smiley

The original retail feint did -650 threat iirc, and ours does -500 approx... I am unsure of these values however and they need to be reconfirmed, as the guy that did the original testing  did this "many months ago"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:08:08 am by baddestbad » Logged

dat gearscore x)
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 08:20:24 am »

think it takes 10% melee and 15% casters to overagro on the tank.
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 05:05:43 pm »

well that explains alot, ty deeps
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 05:00:55 pm »

So.. has anyone tested Murder yet?
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 03:13:01 pm »

Murder does work.
Any 1 recently tested Sword spec proc rates? I feel even after *they were fixed* some LU`s ago, they are still quite far away from retail-like.
Also if there are rogues keen on testing stuff, take a look @ our nerfed eviscrate atm.
Regards.
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 03:51:39 pm »

I always wondered how to test the sword specialization proc here. Any ideas, Akum?

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 07:11:59 pm »

I always wondered how to test the sword specialization proc here. Any ideas, Akum?

I've tested sword spec and confirmed it working. SCT will display Sword Spec procs and the added white damage is displayed properly. My only issue, with no way to prove it, is that it seems to proc WAY less than it did in Vanilla.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 08:30:54 am »

Exactly, we all know it works but same as you i do feel it underprocs compared to retail. Also I am not entirely sure it procs off special attacks(sinister/hemmo/evisc), it was said to be fixed a while ago but once you get the "Extra attack animation off a special, you dont really get an "extra attack", it feel more like as if your swing timer gets reseted which in most cases would be as big dps increase as getting a real extra attack. Still we would need a tester to make proper testing on that one and give us the results.
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 09:11:06 am »

I've tested sword spec and confirmed it working. SCT will display Sword Spec procs and the added white damage is displayed properly. My only issue, with no way to prove it, is that it seems to proc WAY less than it did in Vanilla.

Gotta look into this because I never seen SCT displaying it for me, thanks for the hint tho!

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 10:46:41 am »

Sct displays such hits in a wrong way. Turn it off, use the blizz one and observe again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: