September 19, 2019, 02:53:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146554 Posts in 17799 Topics- by 32543 Members - Latest Member: cyberexile
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing: GuildDKP - easy DKP for your raiding.  (Read 30569 times)
Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 06:21:30 pm »

In the notes with the DKP; whatever it is officer or guild notes.

<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 06:42:51 pm »

In the notes with the DKP; whatever it is officer or guild notes.

Went through the entire roster to check for the chevrons, there weren't any, every member's officer note only has numbers in it, but the command still doesn't subtract DKP. Just spits out the same thing, 0 dkp removed.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong because it works for you, I'm just not sure what I'm doing.

Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 07:08:23 pm »

The error occurs when the text parser see a "<" without an ending ">". It may happen (unconfirmed) if a "%" is in the text as well. So i am not asking if any "< ... >" contains numers or text, but simply if there are any single "<" or ">" in any of the notes.

<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 08:09:47 pm »

The error occurs when the text parser see a "<" without an ending ">". It may happen (unconfirmed) if a "%" is in the text as well. So i am not asking if any "< ... >" contains numers or text, but simply if there are any single "<" or ">" in any of the notes.

Yeah I get what you mean, there's no chevrons. That being said, we do use percentage symbols very frequently, so if I remove them and the decay works, it'll be confirmed that % breaks the decay.

Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 08:47:18 pm »

Thanks, i might check if i can fix that. However, guilddkp is no longer maintained but the SotA addon might suffer from same problem.

<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 01:27:30 am »

Thanks, i might check if i can fix that. However, guilddkp is no longer maintained but the SotA addon might suffer from same problem.

Removed all % symbols from guild and officer notes, still does not work.

Do you know what other symbols might not work? We use slashes, commas, hyphens. Would those interfere with the code?

Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 08:24:43 am »

No, that shouldnt cause any problems.

Are you exceeding the guild member limit (>500 people in guild) ?

<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 08:58:33 am »

No, that shouldnt cause any problems.

Are you exceeding the guild member limit (>500 people in guild) ?

Bingo. Time for a purge.

Even if this doesn't work I appreciate everything you've done to help me out with this.

Why the guild member limit? And why does it let us surpass it? VG things I suppose?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:00:16 am by Moograne » Logged

Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 06:38:27 pm »

The guild member limit is a Blizzard thing; the guild roster only returns up to 500 people, although you can keep inviting people to the guild.

This means the addon can only see some of the members in the guild, and therefore the decay only affects part of the guild also.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:49:53 pm by Mimma » Logged

<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 10:55:24 pm »

The guild member limit is a Blizzard thing; the guild roster only returns up to 500 people, although you can keep inviting people to the guild.

This means the addon can only see some of the members in the guild, and therefore the decay only affects part of the guild also.

Alright, so I removed inactive toons down to below 500, and the addon is still not removing DKP from decay.

I'm stumped. It works PERFECTLY in raid, maybe a slight delay, but decay just doesn't work.

Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2018, 11:02:23 pm »

The delay is intentional; it need to wait for the game to respond with a fresh roster, in case an update was made by another officer.
However, I can't figure out why decay isn't working. You don't get an error when you try?

<Americas Most Wanted>
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 12:47:31 am »

The delay is intentional; it need to wait for the game to respond with a fresh roster, in case an update was made by another officer.
However, I can't figure out why decay isn't working. You don't get an error when you try?

The only error is when offline players aren't viewed.

The command "works", it just returns "Decay performed by Moograne, 0 DKP was removed from 0 members" or something like that. No DKP is actually removed. At the moment, the guild contains 498 characters.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 08:54:04 am »

Where did you get that? My calls work reliably for 671 guild members.

I use this code in one of Chaos' custom addons:
      SetGuildRosterShowOffline(true) -- include offline guildies
      GuildRoster()
      self.db.profile.lastGuildRosterUpdate = time()
      self.db.profile.guildRosterInfoCache = {}
      for i=1, GetNumGuildMembers() do
         local name, rank, rankIndex, level, class, zone = GetGuildRosterInfo(i);
         self.db.profile.guildRosterInfoCache[name] = {
            name = name,
            rank = rank,
            rankIndex = rankIndex,
            level = level,
            class = class,
            zone = zone
         }
      end

I used this code to spam the guild roster query
function gr_doIt()
   SetGuildRosterShowOffline(true)
   GuildRoster()
   for i=1, GetNumGuildMembers() do
      local name, rank, rankIndex, level, class, zone = GetGuildRosterInfo(i);
      idxString = string.format("%-5s", i )
      idxString = string.gsub(idxString, ' ', '0')
      DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(idxString.." "..name)
   end
end

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 06:38:22 pm »

Uhm, I didnt actually reach the limitation myself (there's like 30 members in my test guild <inquisitor>). The 500 people limit is what I have read being a problem other places.

If what you write is correct, then this should'nt be a problem for the decay.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 07:57:02 pm »

I forgot to mention it in my earlier post:
There's definitely a limit for what the WoW client can handle... it crashes somewhere around 700 guild members. We've experienced that in Chaos before and I verified it on my own server.

https://i.imgur.com/0k94nIv.jpg
^Hi Chess, legit THC earned with the EPGP loot distribution system. Not by half-assed DKP with lootcounciled KT loot ;-)

Rogue CL of <Chaos>
chaosvg.shivtr.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: