April 03, 2020, 08:39:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147560 Posts in 17917 Topics- by 33214 Members - Latest Member: tobycrisis
Poll
Question: Which guild is best?
DW - 33 (39.3%)
GG - 47 (56%)
DP - 2 (2.4%)
Unique - 0 (0%)
EQ - 2 (2.4%)
some other guild - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Guild is Best?  (Read 31888 times)
View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2014, 11:09:27 pm »

Every single guild on this server is complete shit.

/Case closed.

Adrireloth / Neluma - Thanks Gosha for sig <3
You know I really have no idea what to write here
View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2014, 11:15:14 pm »

Yeah multi, the best guild is indeed the one that isn't able to complete an aq40 during one entire raid day. Meanwhile in one raid day, dw did both abo wing and aq40. But since we aren't having fun in our wipe free,smooth and well functional raids, unique clearly has the upper hand.
hahahahahahahahahahaah im dying

fuck u mean by signature my name is a signature to this community
View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2014, 01:08:15 am »

This thread turned out better than I hoped.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2014, 02:50:40 am »

We are lacking categories. Let me improvise something:

1. VG server commitment: De Profundis, Equilibrium, Unique
2. Content on farm: De Profundis
3. PvE progress: Alteffóur, Fortis
4. Blamming VG for everything: Distilled Wisdom
5. Advertise other servers: Distilled Wisdom

Explanations:

@2: Clearing the content for months without any break.

@3: They started from zero to reach a very nice results.

Other points: De Profundis, Equilibrium, Unique are the oldest active guilds on our server. They are willing to spend their time still after so many months (years?) and they don't fed up with this. Yes, you can say that nor Equilibrium, nor Unique have full content on farm (nowadays), but our "philosophy" is closer to DP = just raid and have fun!
Once again. This three guilds love VG, and will stay in here no matter what.

Too bad, that I can't say the same about Distilled Wisdom, which guild members constantly spam server forum with blamming about everything (@4). I feel like this isn't a constractive criticism, because VG is doing way better then before. I had a year break from WoW, and when I came back, I saw many great changes on VG and we have more and more Live Updates to bring us the best vanilla experience!

This "DW whining" brings us to @5. No one can't deny, that their leaders were advertising to join other server on their guild website. Looks like creating the forum threads about "how bad VG is", has it's cause. It's just aimed into our server to discredit it in the eyes of the new and old people, so more will follow them.

Wow. Just wow. I am mind blown. Bravo.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2014, 05:00:33 am »

Has anyone ever been the best at something by just "having fun"? Being the best is not a simple task, it requires serious dedication, hard work and knowledge. Work and dedication might sound antifun but the fruit of this is that we clear abomination wing faster then other guilds clear molten core and trust me that is fun.

The more i read these unique peoples posts the more i realize that unique is no longer a guild, it's a sect. Everyone in it has been drinking Zeards kool-aid, they just cant get enough of it. Loyalty is the only thing that matters anyone who wants to get out of it is depicted as a traitor. Their tedious raids with slow pulls and wipes left and right is considered fun because of their united eternal love for VG. Any criticism of their god and prophets (i.e the vg sword) is frowned upon, one would maybe call it a blasphemy.

Wouldn't be surprised if they end every raid with "Zeard, thou mighty man of valour, our saviour and grace. we will always love you, we will never leave you. Amen."

Also, it's interesting how people consider unique an old guild, seriously. I can count the members that was in unique before distilled wisdom got created on one hand. Sure, it might have the same name as a guild who has been there for a long time but in reality its much younger. DW has more people from unique then "unique" has, with many of them having their roots in inquisitors some of them probably even further back but that's out of my knowledge.

In my eyes distilled is probably the oldest guild on the server if you take the people actually in it in to account, but hey, that would probably be a way to crazy thought for some people to handle.

But yeah, fuck this rant and good night.
apolon123
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2014, 06:34:01 am »

The more i read these unique peoples posts the more i realize that unique is no longer a guild, it's a sect. Everyone in it has been drinking Zeards kool-aid, they just cant get enough of it. Loyalty is the only thing that matters anyone who wants to get out of it is depicted as a traitor. Their tedious raids with slow pulls and wipes left and right is considered fun because of their united eternal love for VG. Any criticism of their god and prophets (i.e the vg sword) is frowned upon, one would maybe call it a blasphemy.

Yep, same shit goes for DP. When you enter the guild, it's not just another guild on the server, its a "community". And the scary thing is, all the principles you mentioned, are followed by their highest ranks. Give a few men tester account and they all go mental.
Flask runs out
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:04 am »

The more i read these unique peoples posts the more i realize that unique is no longer a guild, it's a sect. Everyone in it has been drinking Zeards kool-aid, they just cant get enough of it ... Any criticism of their god and prophets (i.e the vg sword) is frowned upon, one would maybe call it a blasphemy.

Wauv, Dvarg.. You make it sound like we're quite inhuman and on a crusade or something, gg =/ The description you make could just as well been words about a religious fundamentalists ready to blow stuff up, wtf.. O.o I can assure you we're not happy about the bugs or the long wait on updates either xD

In my eyes distilled is probably the oldest guild on the server if you take the people actually in it in to account, but hey, that would probably be a way to crazy thought for some people to handle.

Funny how you now proudly talk of them considering how you hated on them in the past after the split. I guess you take a stand until you take a new. However this reminds me how you left us this spring. A person joined us that you hate. I'm not surprised those feelings let you to DW.

Also, it's interesting how people consider unique an old guild, seriously.

Well we are an old guild, but the player base changes too. You're right the founders of DW come from Unique, but they turned their back on Unique when they left. We had to rebuild after that. You can consider our player base new since most of our guild members have played here less than 9 months. In fact I think it's quite impressive we even came back from that split even though DW did all in their power to destroy us declaring us dead. (hence why we don't allow your kind of leavers back) But well here we are and still going strong. We have had to fight this kind of propaganda you now throw at us since DW started.

Let's drink some Zeards kool-aid to that and raise the vg sword.. lol.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2014, 12:10:13 pm »

Being the best is not a simple task, it requires serious dedication, hard work and knowledge and summer breaks when the population is low cous its fukin impossible to get 40 ppl online. but yeah.. it takes a lot!

you're right, not all guilds can do it.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »

you're right, not all guilds can do it.
What you on about royal? When we had a nice and relaxing summer break you sat in your moms basement raiding, gz, *slow clap*. Not all guilds can go from inactive to full naxx farm in one week either.

Funny how you now proudly talk of them considering how you hated on them in the past after the split. I guess you take a stand until you take a new. However this reminds me how you left us this spring. A person joined us that you hate. I'm not surprised those feelings let you to DW.

Pagos, please, you know so little about my reasons for leaving unique or what my feuds with some of the people that left for dw was about. It wasn't about them leaving unique that i was upset about it was a list of reasons you probably dont know about and i have no reason to dig up again.

As you know i had a long break from wow and when i came back i felt absolutely 0 belonging to unique. Ouwie joining again was just the thing that tipped the scale and made my decision easy even though i'd been in unique in well over 1,5 years. I wasn't even planning on continuing to play but one thing led to the other and now i'm back.

Well we are an old guild, but the player base changes too. You're right the founders of DW come from Unique, but they turned their back on Unique when they left. We had to rebuild after that. You can consider our player base new since most of our guild members have played here less than 9 months.

While you did keep the name Unique it's not nearly the same guild. It went from having server firsts that took 3 months before another guild managed to clear it, to this group of people that have eternal love and commitment for vg and their united friendship is what is empowering them to clear "end game content" like bwl and aq40, even spider wing some times.

Although it goes a lot slower in unique nowadays and their raid leaders barely speaks english, their friendship and love for the game makes sure everyone is having so fun. The amount of fun unique has nowadays is unmatched by any guild.

The amount of fun unique has when wipeing on skeram is probably on par if not even greater the one that dw experiences when they do both abo wing and aq40 in one raid day because you know, they can.

Let's drink some Zeards kool-aid to that and raise the vg sword.. lol.
Hmm.. not sure how to interpret that. Are you joking or? You know, drinking the kool-aid ain't a good thing o.O and by vg sword i meant the vg staff but hey that reference might have been to slim.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:20:08 pm by Dvärgjävel » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2014, 04:10:20 pm »

everyone in his guild has his own opinion about what guild he likes or not u cant decide that stupid question what guild is best becouse everyone has his own "best guild". just like me i started to play wow sometime in 2009 and it that time i saw many guild comeing and going at the end i can say UNIQUE is the best for me even i stand almost 2 years in unique and i still have fun the ppl are great to me noone feels important or being a attention whore all the time and btwn who of you can say that u stay 2 years in a guild? it feels like this topic is just here to annoying ppl about their guild so useless becouse everyone who has a guild likes it on her own way
View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2014, 04:27:20 pm »

<inquisitor> ktnxbai,

In war,victory.In peace,vigilance.In death,sacrifice.
View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2014, 05:15:05 pm »

PvE guilds are formed around raids, crazy right? That's the reason people put the guilds progression in their recruitment macros, and also why there is a certain amounts of slots for each class in the guild because you aim for the best raid set up possible. Raids are the reason that 40 people gather up a few days a week.

There are different raids, some harder, some easier. If a guild is not able to do some portion of the content because its to hard is that guild then better then a guild that is able to clear all content? Ofc not, you might have personal opinions and think that you are greater because you are having more fun or what ever reason you might say. But fundamentally some guilds are functioning better then others in the area the guilds are created for.

Ofc everyone has their own opinion about different guilds but, thats exactly what they are, opinions. I'm not saying we're the friendliest guild, i'm not saying that everyone will like it better if they where in dw. I'm saying that in a progression sense and ease of clearing the high end content we are better. Its a thing that is quantifiable and not a subject of opinion.

I get where you're coming from but let me do the sprinter analogy again. Just because i think that i can run faster then everyone else in the world doesn't make me better then Usain Bolt, i actually have to run faster aswell. Some other sprinter might be happier, a nicer person, richer and what ever you want but if he doesn't run faster then Bolt then he is not the better sprinter.

You know I really have no idea what to write here
View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2014, 06:36:44 pm »

Has anyone ever been the best at something by just "having fun"? Being the best is not a simple task, it requires serious dedication, hard work and knowledge. Work and dedication might sound antifun but the fruit of this is that we clear abomination wing faster then other guilds clear molten core and trust me that is fun.

Wouldn't be surprised if they end every raid with "Zeard, thou mighty man of valour, our saviour and grace. we will always love you, we will never leave you. Amen."

Also, it's interesting how people consider unique an old guild, seriously. I can count the members that was in unique before distilled wisdom got created on one hand. Sure, it might have the same name as a guild who has been there for a long time but in reality its much younger. DW has more people from unique then "unique" has, with many of them having their roots in inquisitors some of them probably even further back but that's out of my knowledge.

But yeah, fuck this rant and good night.

you just went full retard dude, but it doesnt suprise me. 96% of people in DW are not sane.

and what is this fucking bullshit about you clearing aq40 + abo wing in 1 night, when you need 1 day to clear trash before patch so then you can pop ony+hakkar for it Wink and you say you cleard abo wing but you don't take in consent the trash only the bosses you out-gear by far.

sometimes spider wing? we 1 shot spider wing every week since the last 1 and a half month, and aq40 same. ( we didn't kill cthun 1 week or so because we didn't have the setup).

you talk about us having some girly crush to Zeard or this server, which is like 10 yo thinking. again does not suprise me. yet you still defend your "old-members-from-different-old-guilds-guild", isn't that abit strange? so now I ask you? who's the kid here? me, wanting to continue playing on a server which I've been for 3 years+ and I have alot of friends, or you, wanting to continue playing on a 4 months guild which only you yourself like?

fuck u mean by signature my name is a signature to this community
Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2014, 07:02:14 pm »

96% of people in DW are not sane.

Possibly true... But then we do have a laugh quite often so it's not all bad Smiley
Also you might have concluded we revel in the doubts/hates/jests... it's healthy, or hopefully will be healthy, for competition should it one day rear its ugly head.

At the end of the day we are all here to have fun, enjoy raiding and ocassionally mess about and partake in some banter... but this is now getting old - just look at the poll.  One current guild against any guild that has ever existed, past or present, on VG; it's hardly fair.

Flask runs out
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2014, 09:20:48 pm »

What you on about royal? When we had a nice and relaxing summer break you sat in your moms basement raiding, gz, *slow clap*

Erm... your point? When guilds are not doing summer break it usually means the guilds are raiding.. This must be you clapping: http://youtu.be/0KpoqynjV1g?t=1m29s

Hmm.. not sure how to interpret that. Are you joking or? You know, drinking the kool-aid ain't a good thing o.O and by vg sword i meant the vg staff but hey that reference might have been to slim.

I actually laughed when I read your presentation of us as zealot maniacs. I can't take you serious. But yeah I was joking if you still wonder Wink Though I don't see anything wrong about liking the server and vanilla wow.

If a guild is not able to do some portion of the content because its to hard is that guild then better then a guild that is able to clear all content? Ofc not, you might have personal opinions and think that you are greater because you are having more fun or what ever reason you might say. But fundamentally some guilds are functioning better then others in the area the guilds are created for.

I won't argue DW at the moment clear more than Unique. We got 0 TF atm making Patchwerk a lot harder than when you face him. This comes down to luck since no bindings from Baron dropped for us the last 9 months. We lost all our TFs when DW tanks left in the split Wink We had to rebuild pretty much from scratch after that but here we are. Still progressing and not far from you guys.

Oh, and we got Lirrian so we're the best Cool <-- this is a guild joke you freaked out about

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: