December 17, 2018, 06:53:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144721 Posts in 17469 Topics- by 30235 Members - Latest Member: Oberito
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: F.A.Q  (Read 12285 times)
View Profile
« on: July 26, 2014, 02:59:09 pm »

Greetings Players,
Here is the list of the most common questions about several things related with our server's environment. Please take a look at them carefully:

Q: I Don't know how to obtain this item / complete this quest / learn this spell, etc ; please gamemaster, tell me!
A: It's not GM's primary duty to brief you about technical content information about the game. You can find answers to all of those questions more or less at our database, db.vanillagaming.org and archived wowwiki pages (go to wowwiki, open the selections of the "edit page" button, click history, and scroll to the latest 1.12.1 revision (usually end of 2006)

Q: The server crashed / restarted and i lost my item(s) / gold! Please Gamemaster, help me i don't know what to do!
A: Generally we do not refund items lost in such manner (unless quest item of which previous existence can be verified by looking up players completed quests with a command) so make sure to press Alt and f4 to ensure an item/amount of gold of high value to you is saved on the server.

Q: I keep calling for Gamemaster to help me on the world chat but i receive no help! What should i do?
A: You shouldn't call out for a Gamemaster on world chat, as they generally do not respond to such calls. Instead write a ticket (clicking the support button which is red question mark within in-game ui bar, and selecting any random issue within and choosing to page an ingame moderator)

Q: Every time I submit a ticket, the sign in the top right corner disappears after a while. Does the ticketing system even work ?
A: Yes, the ticketing system works fine. The sign in the top right corner disappearing is only a visual bug. The ticket you submitted got through for sure. Every time you submit another ticket, the previous one gets replaced. So don't expect us to know what your previous ticket was if you have replaced it with a new one.

Q: My weapon skill doesn't increase and I've been hitting NPCs for hours. What do I do ?
A: You probably are fighting against the wrong NPCs. Your weapon skill will increase if you fight against NPCs around your level. Example, if you're level 60, you gotta fight NPCs 58 + in order to get your weapon skill increased more effectively. Not saying that your weapon skill won't increase if you're up against a level 56 NPC, but let me put it this way - The higher the level of the NPC, the higher the chance to get a skill up.

Q: I sold an item on the Auction House and I still haven't received the gold. Is is bugged ?
A: No, it's not bugged. After every successful auction it takes up to 1 hour for the payment to arrive via mail.

Q: When I open the auction house, I get a WoW Error. Why is this happening ?
A: There's a limit to how many auctions you have up at the moment. The limit is 50. If you exceed the limit, every time you open the auction house, your client will crash. This will stop once the auctions expire / are sold.

Q: I'm a dwarf priest and I can't get my Fear Ward. I've tried every trainer in Stormwind, there's a question mark but I can't get the spell. What do I do ?
A: The answer is simple. You're trying to get the spell from the wrong NPC. You're a dwarf. Your main capital is Ironforge. You have no business in Stormwind. The quest to get Fear Ward is provided by the level 40 priest trainer named Toldren Deepiron. This goes for every class specific quest.

Q: I accidentally pressed need on an item and won / The raid leader gave the item to the wrong player. But actually, *insert random name here* needs this item more than me. Can you help ?
A: No, according server rules we are not allowed to assist these issues. Next time, pay attention to what you're doing. You may cost someone a good piece of gear upgrade.

Q: I can't get my level 10 class quest. Is this a bug ?
A: No, it's not. Usually, the level 10 class quests start in the little towns in your starter territory. Let's say you're a human. The level 10 class quest will most likely be in Goldshire, not in Stormwind. This goes for every race.

Q: I donated for the wrong item/sent the item to the wrong character by accident, can you sort this out for me please?
A: Unfortunately no, VG GMs do not deal with donating issues, please contact the server owner "Zeard - The Boss", Ergamemnon or Sinse via the forum private messaging function.

Q: I'm dead, my corpse is underground and I can't ress. How do I retrieve it ?
A: There's an in-game command that works when you have this issue. Stand on top of your body and type " /script RetrieveCorpse() "
If this doesn't work, make a ticket and a GM will be with you shortly.

Q: Can I faction change in any way?
A: No - but you can give yourself a kickstart via the donation shop and quickly catch up.

Q: Voting didn't work as expected. I'm missing a point or did'nt recieve my rewards. What can we do about it?
A: Vote points are given, if the votesite's coinback system is working properly. If it isn't, we can't do anything about it. Also, if something went wrong with picking your reward, we cannot assist either, since we don't log that kind of optional stuff. We will not compensate for lost vote points or vote rewards. Make sure you chose the right character as target and stay logged in until your reward arrived.

Q: My donation coins didn't arrive, what can the GM's do about it?
A: We can't do anything about it. Coins are automatically added, as soon as your donation reaches us. Which means, it got stuck before it reached us. Ask the paymentwall-support for help and check, wether your money really left you.

Q: Something went wrong with my donation reward, can anyone help?
A: Ask the top tier GM's and Admins for help. They can swap out unusable rewards or check where your rewards were sent to.

Q: The instance is teleporting me out to my hearthstone location and I am not the leader.
A: You will need to clear your instance ID's by doing the following.
Step 1: Leave group.
Step 2: Log out for 30 seconds.
Step 3: Log back in and type /script ResetInstances()
Step 4: Rejoin group

If this is not working then contact a GM and they can check your ID's.

These are all that I can think of right now. This will be updated as I get more tickets that are actually common issues. I hope these help.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:03:41 pm by Sins » Logged
<has a shovel>
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:05:10 pm »

Dear Milk,

Quote from: Orlyia - Support Forum Agent  
What Game Masters are unable to do is give game hints
source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11223762505

Yours,
        Orado
 <has a shovel>

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 04:10:36 pm »

Q: I donated for the wrong item/sent the item to the wrong character by accident, can you sort this out for me please?
A: Unfortunately no, VG GMs do not deal with donating issues, please contact the server owner "Zeard - The Boss" via the forum private messaging function.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:16:10 pm by Vexes » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 04:13:13 pm »

A: Unfortunately no, VG GMs do not deal with donating issues, please contact the server owner "Zeard - The Boss" via the forum private messaging function.

Added to the list. Thank you.
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 04:28:37 am »

Suggested Q & A (and sorry if this doesn't belong in the GM thread):

Q. I keep voting and even after the 12-hour voting site cooldown I don't receive any point awards from Vanillagaming for voting.
A. [please fill in]
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 11:00:31 am »

updated with some questions

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: