August 15, 2022, 04:59:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34454 Members - Latest Member: pikashowapp
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Hectorx/Sheyliny/Methy GM Application.  (Read 27456 times)
View Profile
« on: June 17, 2014, 04:17:31 pm »

Req To become a Gamemaster on VGaming is the Following:

R1: I have been a member for 1 month or more.
- My forum account says im a member since October 16, 2012, So pretty sure i joined the game comunity around September. Almost 2 years!

R2: I am 18 years old or more.
- Yes.

R3: I can be online at least 3 hours a day.
- Yes.

R4: You must have any kind of facebook in order to join VG staff group for proper and thorough staff communication
- Facebook? Sure I do. I would have no issues using my facebook for VG purposes and communication in general.

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
- Im well knowed as Hectorx, Sheyliny and Methy.

Q2. What is your real name?
- Hector Velásquez

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
-Im from Caracas, Venezuela

Q4. What time zone are you located in?
- South America (-4:30 GMT)

Q5. How old are you?
- I am 23 years old.

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
-I started on the server Warsong-US around year 2005, in a brazilian guild when BWL got launched. Stopped during Naxx progression and returned again when TBC was launched.

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
- From Monday to Thursday starting at around 21:00-22:00ST (Night for europeans, Evening for North americans). Fridays and Saturdays are more relaxed, implying I have more time to exercise GM functions, starting from around 15:00-16:00ST (Evening for Europeans)

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
-Well, I play between 4-8 hours per day, especially those busy days I have raids. Forum activity its more visual, I tend to just watch without commenting. Forum community is pretty hostile nowadays.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
- Never had GM experience itself, Just bug reporting and simple testing on another Venezuelan-Colombian WoW servers.

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
- Im an 23 year old student on my 3rd year college, rushing to get my degree. Before that I worked for the army for 2 years. I love and enjoy to spend time on this game. You meet different kind of people from all around the world, you learn alot from them and share stories and experiences. When I'm not in the game I'm usually working from home.

I like to play a lot of chess (used to play in the university as well for a time), and also works on community projects around my town. I'm very honest and try to put fairness in everything I do. Thats my short resume.

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
I would like to point out a few goals I feel a GM should set for him- or herself, and I strive to reach such goals no matter the position I have currently.

1)A GM must be known, respected, and by far appreciated by the gaming community of VG, and not just for personal goals. If people don't like you, you are not being helpful for the community, the point is, make yourself a person who people are able to contact and trust.

2)Activity: I raid with 3 guilds, I devote a lot of my time here, and I plan to be no different in my GM role.

3)Respect players and act professional and neutral at all times, regarding the faction/guild they usually play, because a GM is the image of the server management.

4)Another North American Region GM will be helpful in assist to our current GM Tomb, Usually when all Europeans GMS are offline, You need a GM of such region to be around. Its not like the server stops when Europeans goes to sleep, there is another region that is an active region, the American region living on the server.

5)Maturity, transparency and neutrality of the actions, depending of what "Internal Rules" GMs have on this server.

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
- The main goal is simple, to keep alive and help the community on VG. To keep everything you have been working with alive and stable. Also by creating events for people to have fun outside the PVP/PVE enviroment.
Not only to stay AFK or standing around, it's about being active and help while you're working as GM. I am used to answering people when I'm not raiding or doing anything (Just sitting around.)
I do have a few ideas of events which a GM should be able to host, without involving PVP/PVE gear/power, just imagination and creativity.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
-The only addition I'm doing currently for the server is playing actively in 3 guilds. People know me, what Im capable of doing. Being in charge of 2 guilds and directly collaborating in another, people know me very well, they know my intentions to help and make progress.
With support from people on the server, you can build anything you aim for. I believe everyone is able to achieve everything, as long as one is patient, works hard and educates themselves. So keeping people active and motivated to raid helps greatly on the server image and population.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.[We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]
-My English is pretty good. In South America English is as not well taught as it should be, we don't have that luxury that Europeans/North Americans have in their schools. However I believe I can make myself understood in a respectful and formal manner.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
-The server needs to take the bug reports more serious, and not just "hear rumors" when something is pointed at. Proper bug reports and detailed information its always the key for the proper correction.

-Server needs more maturity and more tolerance between people. People sometimes forget its just a game, and when all that is over, theres nothing left besides the experience you had in it.

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?
-GMs are responsible to hold stability and keep the situation under control on the server.
-If things got out of hand, I believe a *Mute* And *Sleep* may put anyone on a direct and calm posture.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
-Be polite and respectful when youre helping a player, taking care of the server needs and goals.

Q18. Do you know WHAT a GM does? Please explain.

-A GM is a person who acts as an organizer, officiant for questions regarding rules, arbitrator, and moderator of the game. Its the prime "Server image" a player will meet ingame.

Q19a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
-You always greet the person asking for your help, and proceed to assist as possible. Pointing out the case and clarify any doubts.

Q19b. And when you don't have time to help him?
-You notify clearly you cant assist now, but tell them when is the next time you could help. Furthermore, a quick guide how to reach the forums where his or her answers might already be under discussion.

Q20. What can you do to help the server grow?
-The best way to help is keeping the current population active and make them feel they are making part of something fun, desirable and constructive, and not just "raid logging" whenever its raid time.
Beside that a GM is like most people capable to do its advertisement of the server by infinite ways of spreading the server name. Websites, forums, facebook, etc. Giving new joiners a good feel about the server may help spread our positive image further.

We all have people who like us, and people who hate us, any constructive criticism is welcomed.

"If you don't have haters, you're doing something wrong."

Regards

Hectorx,Sheyliny,Methy.
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:45:22 pm »

meh, every tom , dick and harry has been GM here so why not this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 05:20:43 pm »

+1 Hector is a really nice and helpful guy.i am pretty sure that he will help people and host events.Good luck. Smiley

Taril.
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 05:21:45 pm »

Good luck on your application Hector, for what its worth as a general member of the server -  I am vouching for your application.

Been around you in various guilds and situations for quite some time now, and always had a good vibe about you. I dont really understand the arguments some people have made against you - in terms of gearing up alts and all that. People are different, more active, less active, working for different goals. Ive always felt you have worked for your goals. The fights youve been in seems more personal(from both sides mind u) than rational in my mind.

Activity is not all, but you have always been helpful and friendly to people in all situations where one would expect a person to keep his wits. Your way of leading raids would in my mind not be a valid argument for a GM application, behavior of a GM vs. a raidleader is two extremely different things imo.

I have no doubt you would be a fair and trustworthy GM.

//catch you on the flip side

Searinox - human rogue
WiebeJubileeJacquetTriageLumskAirmail
HashtagTyrulForMoonkin
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 05:23:34 pm »

+1 This is probably the most GM worthy person I know. Impartial, friendly, knows his shit and very very active.

"I barely post on forum" - Multilock 2014
Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:33:26 pm »

+1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 05:38:34 pm »

Even without a GM title above his head, Sheyliny has really prooven to be a truly gamechanging subject on this server.
After all, being an active, experienced and helpful player, willing and able to organise raids for half of the allience population here on VG, gives a great promise of you becoming a GM of similar qualities.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 05:42:13 pm »

Probably would do fine.

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 05:54:41 pm »

+ 1
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 06:30:05 pm »

+1 from me too probably the most active player VG has.
HashtagTyrulForMoonkin
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 06:47:53 pm »

Just imagine being greeted by "Huehuehuehuehuehow are you? I'm Gamemaster Hector......"

"I barely post on forum" - Multilock 2014
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 07:15:48 pm »

+100000000000

Hector is one of the nicest and most helpful players on this server, I think he would make a great GM.

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 07:24:08 pm »

Well, Hectorx is a real MVP in most guilds he is in. If i remember correctly he is an officer in all of the guilds he was/is in *Unique/EQ/VR*.
My impression for him - a guy, who knows the mechanics of every boss encounter, is just and basically a great guy overall. I have been raiding with him for over 5 months now, and can only support him GM application !

+1, i just want to know what HueHueHue is, please...
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 07:35:11 pm »

Huehuehuehuehue!!
The Queen of <Unique>
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 08:06:12 pm »

I started to play around November 2011 (forum account were made later) and I know Hector since 2012 (his beginnings on VG). He is the kind of a person you can rely on, but let's get into details.

Hector works with multiple guilds and knows people. He helps in their management, which is associated with further activity of people in such guilds. Without a proper running guilds, some of the people would have a problem with the adaptation (especially newcomers).

Yes, you may say, that guild management and being a GM might be a two diffrent things. Ok, but despite everything, the idea of a running server is to keep getting a new people and to have them and the old players still active. Without people like Hector, I would not be able to play so long.

Anyway, helping others is nothing new for Hector, who is an incredibly active person. His GM working time would be also good. Europeans after their raids may need a help or when they are asleep, then america is running. Do not forget, that our north/south american community is getting bigger.

I know, that he will be a fair GM and a great asset for the VG staff. Big +1.

Crafting center
Collection of hunters bug reports
"I still see entire server as one community" - Mimma 2015
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: