December 13, 2019, 07:07:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146975 Posts in 17848 Topics- by 32914 Members - Latest Member: jessianna
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3v3 event announcement  (Read 19226 times)
View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »

aight listen up faggots

i dont want to brag about winning cuz everybody knew that i would win even if i couldnt get my intended combo with deeps and gnoem going

to all u qqers if u lost the first match ur simply bad and hence do not deserve to play again ur simply not good enough to advance or get a second chance so stop sulking and claiming that this was a tournament cuz it was most definitely a fun tournament and we should be grateful towards royal and skurri who took their time organizing and hosting such tournament
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2014, 07:33:03 pm »

this was a tournament cuz it was most definitely a fun tournament and we should be grateful towards royal and skurri who took their time organizing and hosting such tournament
View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2014, 08:52:15 pm »

It was fun, just would be nice if we had more offten events like this not once a year ;p
View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2014, 08:55:58 pm »

Recap of 3v3 Event:

Teams:
1: Mindburn, Nezerox, Nerzdwen
2: Gavlopriest, Suvalkietis, Vikicow
3: Marovingiann, Striqer, Kamasutra
4: Kelseran, Statoilhydro, Renew
5: Mode, Seanimoose, Kieora
6: Lanori, Camini, Fuzzyhead
7: Hurricanee, Nimobre, Saleex
8: Fufica, Kelen, Bloomkin
9: Alionex, Ljuduzder, Onlyforheal
10: Idkfa, Makhagal, Wenroo

1st Round, Elimination:
First fight, Team 7 vs 8 - Team 7 wins.
Second fight, Team 1 vs 2 - Team 1 wins.
Third fight, Team 4 vs 5 - Team 4 wins.
Fourth fight, Team 9 vs 10 - Team 9 wins.
Fifth fight, Team 3 vs 6 - Team 6 wins.

2nd Round, Last Man Standing (winner skips 3rd Round):
Team 1, 4, 6, 7 and 9
Team 4 wins.

3rd Round, Elimination:
First fight, 1 vs 7 - Team 7 wins.
Second fight, 4 vs 6 - Team 6 wins.

4th Round, Last Man Standing (winner gets a spot in the final)
Team 4, 6 and 7
Team 6 wins.

5th Round, Elimination
First fight, Team 4 vs 7 - Team 4 Wins.

6th Round, Final match (best of 3)
Team 4 vs 6.
First fight: Team 6 wins.
Second fight: Team 4 wins.
Third fight: Team 6 wins.

Observations and feedback:

Composition restrictions:
I felt the problem about the 2v2 events is that they are too predictable. I wouldn't want this event to turn into a "this combo is just GAY OP as fuck" flamewar, and i think having 3 roles represented in the team opened up for a lot of interesting combinations. I think at the end of the event there was a lot of QQ'ing, but not that much about some team setups being far superior, so i think this is a good way to do it. Any feedback on this?

Last Man Standing rounds:
I think the last man standing matches was cool to watch, added some variety into the event. And the risk that certain teams getting "focused fired" didn't matter too much since it was not elimination match (it would be bullshit if the first team to die got eliminated for example). The benefit of doing the LMS rounds is to single teams out to skip an elimination round. With 10 teams, there would be problems in the 2nd round since there would be a team that won't have anyone to fight that hasn't already fought. LMS solved that problem, and i think it could be used in the future to solve the problem of number of teams.
Any comments on the Last Man Standing rounds? fun? boring?

Losers Bracket:
The teams that lost in the first round were disappointed that they only got to fight one fight. I'm thinking now that perhaps we could have had the losers from the 1st Round do a Last Man Standing, and the winner would re-join the tournament. The problem about the losers bracket starting already from the 1st round is that it would make the event take 45 minutes longer. While the spectators are "sleep" it really sucks to have a 2½ hour event, and having to listen to their qq about the event taking too long. Maybe someone have an idea to what can be done for the teams that lose their first round?
An important side-note is that the first round losers were not told that they were eliminated, and some of them waited a long time before realizing that they would not fight again. I'm sorry about that, that was poorly worked out on my part.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2014, 09:15:55 pm »

From my point of view ( i just stepped in ) it was kinda fun and the reward was interesting. Participation was high.. but I would have loved to see atleast some more games.

We had (just) 8 teams. But some of those seemed to do some decent setups. I think a preround to quarter - semi - finals would be nice with a loser bracket.

The LMS was fun.. but it sucks if you just get focussed down (lael) and lose your "direct" ticket to the "finals". I would rather do it do lets say.. randomize ppl into groups or as a fun event with a special price or sth. And maybe between like 2-4 grps max (so you dont get focussed THAT hard).

Last: some items/class combinations are very very OP due to the factor of itemization (how shall a MC guild get rid of warrior with Cthun axe). Maybe we could restrict some items to equalize that (e.g. just loot of one tier allowed (MC to BWL) (AQ to Naxx)).
janny
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2014, 10:42:08 am »

WTB more Event..Host in sunday or Saturday midnight Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: