August 12, 2022, 05:08:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34454 Members - Latest Member: pikashowapp
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zul Gurub soloing trash (hunter)  (Read 12777 times)
View Profile Email
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:25:00 pm »

==Overview==
This guide will focus on how to kite the different types of trash mobs in ZG as a decently geared hunter to get your much needed coins and bijous. This type of kiting should only happen when your main kite route is cleared, after the bosses are killed. The most important aspect of soloing is the pull, get this right and you will be able to kill anything, get it wrong and you will spend 5 more minutes running back to the instance.

==Prerequisites==
Just bring as many consumables as you can, jujus, pots, flasks, etc. One of the most important tools that you need to bring is the gnomish net-o matic projector so you can cc one extra add, it will make your life much easier. Also bring grenades and every other form of cc you can find. For pots, you absolutely need a speed zanza and some invulnerability pots.

==Tricks==
-The main trick that you need to learn is how to control the adds that you don't want to kite (with traps, fear and trinkets) and how to run ahead and wait for them to momentarily despawn in the mist (using concussive shots to slow them down and/or to separate them from the group if you already started to kite more than one).
-A vital trick involves running away, making your pet attack the closest enemy and then feigning death, making the enemies in the back reset and run back. If you do get multiple adds on your pet, just let it tank them for a couple of seconds, and then aggro one of the mobs that the pet is not attacking and kite it forward until the pet and the adds that it was tanking despawn. To regain aggro, simple make your pet run back, use a concuss on the mob and then follow with any aggro shots that you have.
-Mobs also need to be kited at different ranges depending on their special abilities, which will be listed below. Caster mobs need to be kited at max range, and every time they stop to cast you need to continue running forward so they stop casting and chase you again. Some mobs also have to be kited without a pet.
-A trick to gain maximum aggro involves setting down a trap, using aimed>multi>concuss, letting the enemy trigger the trap and then aimed>multi>concuss again.
-To loose enemies fast, simply jump into the water and wait for the feign cd to expire. Use an inv pot to make it to the water alive.

==Enemies==

*Razzashi serpent
-Range: any
-Abilities: sunder armor effect
These enemies are one of the simplest to kite, they are slightly faster than the adders in their groups so they need to be slowed down from time to time. Their main ability is a sunder armor effect, but they can be tanked by a pet (they hit for around 300+) as long as you have enough dps to bring them down fast.

*Razzashi adders
-Range: medium - long
-Abilities: acid spit which then DoTs
The adders cannot be tanked by a pet, they hit hard and also have an acid spit which also DoTs. They need to be kited at longer ranges, and every time they stop to cast they need to be lured further. If they do manage to hit you, the daze effect usually fades while you continue to run, so just concuss them and continue running. Be warned that even if you don't get hit, your pet will be, and after enough shots it will die so if you don't have the dps to kill the adder fast, just put your pet on stay (AFTER the DoT on it fades).

*Zulian tiger
The simplest mobs around, a decently geared hunter can tank them with a pet. The non elite cubs should be killed fast because they have low health. Just CC the elite and then kill the small ones. Then tank and repeat. Simple.

*Zulian crocolisks
Another simple mob type which just needs to be separated from the group (usually consists of 4-5 of them). Simply pull the most distant croc, and if you have 4 coming trap one, net one, fear one and then lure one away so the other can despawn and let your pet tank it. They hit for around 150 on a 7k armor pet, but they have a tone of health. If you can't dps them down in time, simply kite them.

*Zulian panthers
Yet another simple mob type, these are usually found in groups of 4 with 2 blood drinkers next to them. I would advise to kill the drinkers first, then focus on the panthers. You can use the trick of feigning death on them, and if you get multiple panthers on your croc simply kite one away (the one which is not aggroed by the pet) and wait for your pet to despawn. They can be tanked by a pet and hit very lightly.

*Soulflayer
-Range: long
-Abilities: fear
A caster type mob, these wind serpents are hard to get to and need to be kited at long range. When they stop to cast fear (their wing tops turn purple), continue running. If they do fear you, simply use a scatter shot and run away, just watch out not to be feared into another group of enemies. Also, your pet cannot tank them, they hit for around 500+.

*Son of hakkar
-Abilities: AoE poison after death
These red wind serpents can be tanked by a pet. They hit pretty hard but have very low health. When they die they release an AoE poison cloud that ticks for a couple of seconds. I would suggest retreating your pet before it dies and killing it from range. If your pet does get hit, simply switch to the NR aspect to help it absorb some of the damage.

*Razzashi venombrood
-Abilities: slowing poison, drunk venom
Highly annoying caster spider, usually found in only a couple of places. They can be taken out with two completely different strategies: in one they need to be kited at max range, and when they stop to cast (their mouths turn green), you need to continue running forward, and in another your pet can tank it, though they hit fairly hard. If you are hit by the slowing poison while kiting, you CAN attempt to cleanse it with anti venom but I advise to feign death and reset. Their next shot is a 2 minute drunk venom effect where you have a chance of dropping your weapon or falling down.  

*Razzashu broodwidow
-Abilities: web wrap
The brightly colored red spider, unlike their other counterparts, do not seem to have any ranged attacks. They do have a tone of health, and they do hit very hard on a pet so they can safely be kited away. If they manage to bite you or your pet, they will encase you in a web wrap, and that's usually when you have to feign death and reset the encounter.

*Razzashi raptor
-Abilities: debuff with 250 damage over 10 seconds and increased physical damage
These raptors are usually found in large groups or alongside other humanoids and can be quite difficult, but they should be focused first because they usually run much faster than any of the other humanoids they are with. They have fairly low health, but they apply a debuff which deals 250 damage per 10 seconds (which can actually lower your health to half if you're in combat, as well as as increasing the damage you take by 100. For this reason they will make short work of any pet, and they also seem to cast it right in front of them (not when they touch you) just like the gurubashi berserkers. This is why they should always be kited at medium-long distance.

*Gurubashi berserker
-Abilities: AoE fear aggro wipe, thunder clap, enrage
The biggest trash mobs in ZG, they also have the biggest amount of health (usually takes around 5-8 minutes to be killed). and hit incredibly hard. These need to be kited at range as they have a random AoE fear effect which wipes aggro and you along with it! Your pet can be used sparsely because of their melee attack which they can use even while they are kited (will hit from 500 to 1k and even more). One trick that I use is aspect of the pack, when the pet gets hit it's going to be dazed, allowing you to DPS the zerker before the pet starts attacking again. If you do get hit by the AoE, try to scatter/concussive shot it and run away. Do NOT attempt to divert aggro to the pet, even if it's for a couple of seconds because they will die in 2-3 hits.

*Mad servant
-Abilities: spawn 2 mad voidwalkers after death
These impls have very low health but hit fairly hard and they also spawn 2 mad voidwalkers after death which have a done of health, run fast and will most likely kill you. The trick is to dps it enough that it's almost dead, then either apply serpent sting or concuss it and run forwards so that it dies some distance from you. This way you won't get aggro from the voidwalkers. The voidwalkers themselves despawn after a couple of minutes and aren't worth killing. There are two tricks to loot the imp while the voidwalkers are spawned: one involves an invis pot, and the other invoves CC-ing the walkers (one with a trap and the other with the net).

*Hakkari priest
-Abilities: anti-magic shield, self heal
These humanoids take some time to be killed but don't have any ranged attacks. They need to be kited around and every time their magic shield expires, you need to drain their mana so they can't self heal (the magic shield does not use mana so they will still use it after they are drained). Their magic shield makes them immune to arcane shots, viper/serpent stings and even hunter marks (every time they deploy then they will also cleanse any debuff they had on them) but it does not protect them from physical damage such as normal arrows, aimed shot, multi shot and pet attacks. After their mana is drained you can usually use your pet to kill them fast.

*Hakkari witch doctor
-Abilities: hexx, sheep
Nothing like standard priests, these caster enemies will hexx you and will continue to dps you while hexxed so it's basically game over if they cast it. Like all caster enemies, you need to run forward when they start casting (their hands turn purple). Mana drain them if you want, but I prefer to get enough aggro that I can then use my pet to kill them. Sometimes they will hexx your pet, and there's nothing you can do about it.

*Gurubashi Champion
-Abilities: initial charge
These enemies do an initial charge attack that will knock you back and, if you're using aspect of the cheetah, daze you. The charge cannot be stopped by anything, not even freezing traps. For this reason I would advise either learning their charge distance and using pack + concussive shot to aggro them and at the same time distance yourself, or to use a normal speed aspect and face the charge (then you can use a scatter shot to daze the champion and then run away), but this strategy doesn't work with multiple enemies so I'd advise using the first technique. After their initial charge they won't charge again and can be kited at any range, just don't let the pet tank them because they have a lot of health and hit very hard.

*Hakkari shadowcaster
-Abilities: apparently shadowbolt
Very rare mobs, only appearing in a few places on the map, these guys supposedly use ranged attacks...but in-game they don't and can be kited at any range. Your pet can even tank them, but it will need some heals from time to time simply because they hit fairly hard for a caster class.

*Gurubashi Shadow hunter
-Range: no kiting
-Abilites: volley, normal shot, wyvern sting
These enemies mimic a hunter quite well and for this reason they cannot be kited, they have a near instant bow cast, wyvern sting, AoE, everything. The trick is to let the pet tank them as their melee attacks are quite weak for a lvl 61 elite. I would suggest having a mana pot for this, as you will sometimes need to heal the pet.

*Gurubashi blood drinker
-Abilities: health funnel
Highly annoying enemies, these red trolls need to be kited at range. Their health funnel attack is cast instantly, but as long as you continue to run from them it will break. Do NOT stop. You also cannot use a pet for this since they will drain it almost instantly and restore their health.

*Gurubashi axe thrower/headhunter
-Range: max
-Abilities: axe throw
Saved the worst for last, these are by far then most irritating and deadliest enemies in the instance. For these you cannot use aspect of the pack as they will stun you with their instant and silent axe throw (hits for 400+, 1k crit) so you will need a zanza. The trick is fairly simple, just get max aggro on them (see above) and then run like hell while your pet gets them. From time to time you will need to stop and cast more attacks to gain more aggro and it's here where they can get you without even knowing since their attacks are completely silent. If you get low health use a health pot or immunity, and if you fall behind use rocket boots. It's a very hard kite to master properly.

Good luck getting your coinjous and as always, have fun Tongue
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 03:06:58 pm by Xzibitz » Logged
:*
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 08:06:36 am »

This text size is amazing.

the ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:52:33 am »

rofl..but really nice and helpful:))
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:21:13 am »

no blood priests?

R.I.P
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 02:40:01 am »

This text size is amazing.

#freeninja
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 04:21:41 am »

It's a weird guide to have, but I suppose someone will use it. Maybe?

Call me old fashioned but I believe in going with a few friends to make it more fun and to have someone to talk to... Solo grinding for anything is so boring.
Anatomic. Or just Ana ;))
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 12:26:48 pm »

That is realy helpfull x)

The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 02:57:17 pm »

It's a weird guide to have, but I suppose someone will use it. Maybe?

Call me old fashioned but I believe in going with a few friends to make it more fun and to have someone to talk to... Solo grinding for anything is so boring.

Rofl yeah and the next thing you tell me is that you like playing mmos online with people. fuckin hipsters

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 07:17:41 am »

this works as intended, tried it on my hunter. The only thing i cannot kill is the zerker and the blood drinker. perhaps i am not using my correct aspect or w/e. The others are piss easy. Best way to make money on Vg tbh. Other than farming righteous orbs while using the raid reset in strath.

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »

no blood priests?
The only enemies that you can't solo in ZG, they have a blood funnel ability with infinite range which doesn't break under damage, as well as another self-healing ability. Thanks God there's only a couple of them in the whole instance.

The only thing i cannot kill is the zerker and the blood drinker. perhaps i am not using my correct aspect or w/e.
Just run and maintain a safe distance from them, you won't be able to kill them without aspect of the cheetah or pack and if they get too close just scatter shot them.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 03:11:28 pm by Xzibitz » Logged
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 03:14:26 pm »

I am not feeling good reading words such big letters, getting some kind of headache from it. Otherwise nice guide - you've put quite some effort into it!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 04:35:00 pm »

Hey, thanks alot. I will try doing this later with a friend.

Could you please post an optimal spec to do this solo?

And what if we are 2 hunters?

Thanks
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 12:12:43 am »

Hey, thanks alot. I will try doing this later with a friend.

Could you please post an optimal spec to do this solo?

And what if we are 2 hunters?

Thanks

This is the spec that my hunter uses http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#ci0h0xxZEVo0tht.
I really wouldn't try this with anybody else, the moment you feign death, the enemies will all head directly to your friend, even if he didn't aggro them.
Also, keep in mind this was all done pre-LU, I have no clue what the LU did to the enemies or if they will still function like I described them here.

Even so, best of luck to you! ^^
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 04:54:01 pm »

What do you mean with " LU "

Thanks
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 05:59:11 pm »

What do you mean with " LU "

Thanks

The live update from a few weeks ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print