August 10, 2022, 03:08:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34451 Members - Latest Member: billykv
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New PvP ideas  (Read 9496 times)
MagOnForum
« on: April 07, 2014, 04:42:39 pm »

PVP IDEAS
Everyone knows that there is no PvP on VG. And when I say PvP, I mean World PvP, not BGs like WSG.
So, here's my idea. Some GM or a player assisted by a GM can hold an event called for example "War between the Alliance and Horde of VG", like this video below.

LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!
ALSO, COMMENT MORE PVP IDEAS. AND IF WE BUMP THIS POST ENOUGH, OLDIES WHO RANDOMLY PASS THRU THE MAIN PAGE/FORUMS MIGHT BE INTERESTED AND JOIN OUR BIG EVENT(S).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A3rUaKGkss Video link
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:22:39 pm by the underwear lord » Logged
WoW4Life
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:47:44 pm »

gurubashi arena eventz plox
Anatomic. Or just Ana ;))
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 08:52:34 am »

Bump. Mooore Events!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:13:43 am »

Such battles were common thing on retail before the battlegrounds were released,after they were tho people stopped doin this kind of "world pvp". I dont think thats a good idea for VG and almost no one will follow this due to many reasons like- qq of pvp in general,qq of premades,qq of gear,qq of number, qq of qq coz qq dem qq.
:*
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 02:17:32 pm »

I'm more into a huge battle, and you are allowed to release. Who can keep up the longest? Horde or alliance?

the ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent
WoW4Life
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 03:11:33 pm »

We need Spot. Miss that gnome.
MagOnForum
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 06:39:40 pm »

bump, need a GM to see this. this can be a big change to VG
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 06:43:44 pm »

I actually like the idea, seems like the GIGA Durnholde event from back then:

edit: ill elaborate this a little..

horde and alliance starts seperated, horde gotta free the prisoner by killing the guard npc on top of durnholde prison.

alliance has to defeat,

30 minutes
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:32:11 pm by Ergamemnon » Logged

Gamemaster
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 07:26:40 pm »

Such battles were common thing on retail before the battlegrounds were released,after they were tho people stopped doin this kind of "world pvp". I dont think thats a good idea for VG and almost no one will follow this due to many reasons like- qq of pvp in general,qq of premades,qq of gear,qq of number, qq of qq coz qq dem qq.

Such battles stopped when blizzard removed world defense, no way to draw people to places when they don't know they are under attack, world defense was the backbone of world pvp, it's what made tarren mill and south shore fight's possible, without it people don't show. You can currently get into the world defense channel with /join worlddefense but it only shows major cities under attack which really doesn't help open world pvp.

http://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=13426.0
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:31:15 pm by Graffix » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 07:28:19 pm »

Be rogue, stealth forever, kill last person with thistle tea.
MagOnForum
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 01:37:09 pm »

bump
MagOnForum
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 03:43:56 pm »

bump? nobody wants this?
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 04:51:14 pm »

we had this kind of event once. epl/wpl bridge. Tbh pvp events don't require any elaborate arrangements , just a GM willing to invest some time in the event. Summon horde and alliance players to some cool place (hyjal,inside the caverns of time etc ), sleeping the naughty ones and then when all players have been summoned he lets them loose on each other.
Tomb used to be avid pvp'er so he might be interested, and as this is so easy and takes literally 20 minutes we can make it a weekly event ,

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 05:37:30 pm »

Fortnightly events could help liven up the game and such, maybe a world PvP one week and AV/AB next week and such.

That Mage in 2.5 who refuses t3
MagOnForum
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 07:03:01 pm »

we had this kind of event once. epl/wpl bridge. Tbh pvp events don't require any elaborate arrangements , just a GM willing to invest some time in the event. Summon horde and alliance players to some cool place (hyjal,inside the caverns of time etc ), sleeping the naughty ones and then when all players have been summoned he lets them loose on each other.
Tomb used to be avid pvp'er so he might be interested, and as this is so easy and takes literally 20 minutes we can make it a weekly event ,
yeah, i mean, i made some rules but we can just do it your way. GM summons all the players that want to participate on a cool place and then they get loose
erga finds it cool and lets see what tomb says (what's his forum gm profile btw?)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: