December 03, 2021, 02:38:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148895 Posts in 18117 Topics- by 34253 Members - Latest Member: BloodeYarne
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Corps camping of low lvl players - ruins the server  (Read 17600 times)
Meurth
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 10:42:51 pm »

Well if this BULLCRAP becomes part of the rules then pls change server to PVE.
Otherwise don't punish ppl that r playing WITHIN the RULES of the PVP SERVER.
Just horrible, horrible.

I agree. This new rule only encourages players to report people whenever they are PvP killed...
COOKIEZ!
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 12:44:50 am »

I actually typed like 15-20 min straight....freekin essay.
But i wont be posting that wall of text. But it was mainly about your decision to warn Wallapaper Graffix.

What Accurate said is....well...accurate.

I see this getting alot worse if you think this is camping.
Even if you want us to believe that there was punishment for this i can say from my extensive experience that there wasnt.
MAYBE, just MAYBE there were warnings(more like threats) but they were 100% unnoficial. And this is NOT the case here, is it?

And even if those Blizz GMs were here and saw what you labeled as camping and what not, they would not agree with you.

I think you made a mistake here.
I hope you wont make another like this one again.

And to ppl that think they have a LEGIT case now to whine here and get ppl that play by the rules banned, I salute you!
If nothing you have the staff support. Tho still if i see u in game, i will corpse camp you till my "ban".

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 12:56:38 am »

Halu gm I m repurt nuub les I tri sell my pots but all everi time he kell mi wen I m trayd sayl pots ((( plis ban or I pley bak to retal....... ps he sey at mi he will ddos mi if I log meyn char to kell him becus srbija nob
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 08:53:43 pm »

Leave the poor lowbies alone guys, don't be assholes.
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 11:06:55 pm »

There was actually no recorded punishment for "Corpse Camping" low level players. Servers were usually quite occupied with enough players to come and help for that kind of situation. I'm sure if you look around or ask someone nearby e.g. SW, STV etc they would have been happy to help.

I'm not saying that this type of behaviour is deemed acceptable, but only morons run around at such levels corpse camping players like yourself.

Maybe next time this occurs, don't waste your time, try wasting his time by taking your dog for a walk or something, take 10 minutes out. They will eventually get tired and move on.

It's not moronic, its the nature of pvp.
And even if it was moronic, it's by far less moronic then u trolling ppl in world chat and w/e.
Where do u get the balls to call some1 a moron astounds me.

Clearly, you are one of the morons I speak of. At least i can troll and play at the same time, this behaviour is illogical, just like yourself... Again. Instead of typing random shit in around 5 different posts when nobody is replying to you, with absolute shit abbreviations that aren't necessary and terrible grammar, try posting just one post that makes sense! Until then keep crying with dumb responses and your random CAPPED words because it makes you look so extremely INTELLIGENT.

Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 11:17:07 pm »

And the tenor is: Camping is ok on PVP realm, grief-ing isn't.

COOKIEZ!
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 12:19:55 am »

Mode, everything is random when u can't comprehend it.
You hurt me so much.
Bai Bai NOW.
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 01:29:16 am »

If we ignore for a second the fact that it is completely arbitrary whether one considers something to be camping or not, is 1 hour? 10 hour? 5 minutes?

Where is the proof that it happened as this chap says before a warning is dished out? Maybe the guy killed him once and he got all sad?

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 01:35:13 am »

Mode, everything is random when u can't comprehend it.
You hurt me so much.
Bai Bai NOW.

Why start something you can't finish? Don't give up when you've been terrorised, very very weak sauce. 

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 02:06:50 am »

Well, if u feel the need to blow up a lvl 20 have fun but really you shouldnt camp them.
the nerdiest dps VG
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 02:27:46 am »

a lvl 20 can take a spirit reser and go elsewhere...
baning or not baning some1 who spends his time corpsecamping a lvl 20... if you are that retarded i sure hope u did get baned TOS breaking or not
my 2 cents...

now on a rly important topic ... dis lag...

dat gearscore x)
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 03:00:36 am »

You have to be a fucking twat to find joy in killing people who can't defend themselves. It's like bullying, only more retarded coz it's online.
Science Officer
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 04:39:42 am »

I respectfully disagree with Graffix.  Wallpaper's conduct would probably not rise to the level where GM action would be warranted if it occurred on a Blizzard PvP server.  The evidence that resolves this question is actually the same GM thread that Graffix linked.

Being on a PvP realm is not a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. Should one consistently and maliciously harass another player—or zone—in-game for an extended period of time, we may indeed interfere.  Such a move by our department is very rare, though, and absolutely dependent on context. -Game Master Syndri

Even in RARE cases thats boogus, I got camped for 2 hours once in hinterlands, how is that not rare? Yet I knew the policy and sucked it up and went and did something else.
That would not merit intervention on behalf of the Game Master department should it have occurred on a PvP realm.-Game Master Syndri

I think Graffix is doing an amazing job as a GM because he really cares about the players and wants them to have a good experience on VG. But here, his gut feeling to "do the right thing" has actually caused some trouble because Blizzard's in-game PvP mechanics are specifically designed to set the limits on what is allowed. Blizzard knew that undertaking to decide where to draw the line between legitimate pvp and griefing presents a slippery slope and an ever-increasing workload for GMs.  The GM's have enough tickets already!

Here are some other internet snippets I located, take them for what they're worth, if anything:

There is another issue to speak of which is greifing and corpse camping. Corpse camping is another PvP mechanic that isn’t against the rules but is very bad etiquette. Corpse camping is basically when a higher level player (or a player who has a good advantage over you) hangs around your corpse and kills you when you spawn. It can be a very frustrating experience but there are ways to beat it!
  • You will get camped. Someone 15 levels above you will sit at your body and kill you again and again and again when you rez. This doesn't happen all the time, or even a majority of the time, but it does happen. Is that person being a bit of a jerk? Probably. Is it within the rules of a PvP server? Absolutely. Will you get anywhere by complaining about it in the chat channels or forums? No.
These players chose to play the game on a server where the "protected from assaults by assholes" rule is suspended. I don't think they should be surprised that they were assaulted by assholes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:17:44 am by Sarek » Logged

Gamemaster
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2014, 06:11:59 am »

I think Graffix is doing an amazing job as a GM because he really cares about the players and wants them to have a good experience on VG. But here, his gut feeling to "do the right thing" has actually caused some trouble because Blizzard's in-game PvP mechanics are specifically designed to set the limits on what is allowed. All pvp disputes are resolved without GM intervention because Blizzard knew that undertaking to decide where to draw the line between legitimate pvp and griefing presents a slippery slope and an ever-increasing workload for GMs.  The GM's have enough tickets already!

Let me be honest with you for a moment, I put in my app to be a gm to help improve the server and see what I could do to change some of the issues others gm's wouldn't touch. This topic for one was one of those issues that needed dealt with and talked about. As was previously stated, it is no guarantee that there will be retribution for such actions, what was said is there could be. Each time one of these incidents occurs it is situational, which means that if a GM is around or involved in it, it is up to them to make decisions on what to do using reasonable  judgement. Far too long every time one of these topics come up, the argument ends up with it being players can do such actions as much as they want and no punishment will ever arise. That is not true.

Some of these issues that used to end like that everytime they are talked about was:

Camping and Griefing
(this is being dealt with here)

Being kicked from a group and pulling mobs
(Had a issue where a player was reported for doing it in AQ20, he was kicked from the group and wiped the entire group. I said something to him, but then he went offline. 2 days later he was in ZG, same situation, kicked from the group, wiped the group and died.  He the got into a group with someone else, turned it into a raid and ran back into the instance since they did not fill the 20th spot yet and did it again. He then stood over their corpses taunting them and saying that he was not going to stop.  When I froze him, was going to give him a day, but instead he decided to taunt me too by saying that there was absolutely nothing I could do, so I gave him a few.)

Taking mats that are traded for enchants or crafted items
(Had a issue the other day where someone stole the mats from another player that was looking to get hide of the wild made, I went to have a little talk about the situation with the thief. You know what he told me? "I did it because it happened to me a few times and the GM's never did anything, so I did it to someone else." He then logged off, I talked to him the next time that he logged on, I asked him to give back the mats, he told me that he had already made the hide of the wild for the other player and gave it too him, then asked me to ban him. I of course didn't)

Abusing guards terrain in neutral towns
(Was able to get this fixed before I became GM by finding a blizzard rep post on Rooftop Camping)

When I got the gm position, I was on the look out for situations of these actions that could be punished, I do not intend to find and or be able to deal with all or even most of these situations, most of the time all that will be done is a warning. But I wanted to end the "there is nothing that GM's can or will be able to do, no matter how far these people take it"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:28:43 am by Graffix » Logged
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 07:47:21 am »

corpse camping leading to a ban/threats of ban/cooling of in suspension is
UTTERBULLCRAP AND HORSESHIT

its pretty much bordering on abuse o GM powers, which ofc is all bad, no offence tomb but this is the truth.

Bizzard didnt do anything abt it cuz there have always been ways to remedy this which i will now list here

use dust, it helps. You ress with /tar /use macro being clicked like mad and the offender goes to sleep. you use hearthstone after pressing /spit copious amount of  times

just logoff. I am pretty sure that the server will still be here after 30-40 minutes. as psychologists say that is the longest we can concentrate on anything without an active stimulus, meaning in 40 mins ur killer will be bored and go some other place. do add him to friend list and keep tabs on where he is

/who 60 , and ask an alliance to help you. alliance rarely wins in bg, ever since k20a ""the traitor"" jones and his crew disbanded , so allys will be ever ready to kill horde and corpse camp him. even more ready after this drama Tongue. Just be polite and dont beg, if u are refused ask someone else.

last but not least the hard way. well its hard on you. when you die dont ress at your corpse. walk past it to the farthest corner where a ress is given, ress up and run as fast as u can, when u die repeat this. this will allow you to get to a friendly town in 25 minutes NO MATTER where u begin from. so yess you wasted 25 mins but u get to a town Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: