February 25, 2021, 09:20:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148586 Posts in 18071 Topics- by 33965 Members - Latest Member: sarnax2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insane - the leech, the virus, ruining the vg experience  (Read 23990 times)
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2014, 08:11:13 pm »

Insane did down thunderaan, he had a almost completely full raid that helped him. There was a little issue with the quest item when it dropped, so the gm's had to help him out.
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2014, 08:24:17 pm »

Insane did down thunderaan, he had a almost completely full raid that helped him. There was a little issue with the quest item when it dropped, so the gm's had to help him out.

I somehow do doubt this as there wasn't any raid in the last days in Silithus.
View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2014, 08:33:13 pm »

He killed thunderaan, but his quest item got looted by a druid so some gm helped him
View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2014, 08:47:03 pm »

Cam mad coz he wants tf... ye ok...
<Click the Lightwell>
View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2014, 08:49:25 pm »

So GMs  return items when there is a case of mislooting or this is just an exception?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:19 pm »

Cam mad coz he wants tf... ye ok...

I seriously do not need it anyway.

I just do not like the idea that loot scammers get massive help on this realm even by GMs and far outside the normal boundries. When some other quest items get "ninjaed" there is no GM around, but well...
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2014, 09:14:20 pm »

if a GM added him the item (which I am sure was done) then it is abuse. the server policy is that no items will be awarded PERIOD

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2014, 09:51:53 pm »

If the GM team have give Insane the quest item, then this will set a future precedent, that any Ninja looted gear will be replaced by GMs.

It's only fair... I wish you guys would stick to your guns.

<Exodus>
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2014, 10:31:22 pm »

Agreeing with mode. It would be extremely un-fair if they return an item to the player "Insane". No matter how big- or small the item might be (Quality wise) If it was to be ninja'd and given back WITHOUT Prof, we deserve our ninja'd items.

I once got the Right Bindings...
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2014, 10:45:14 pm »

The GMs like to make up rules as they go.

Actually just Graffix/Tomb. The rest are alright.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:46:51 pm by Ridiculus » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2014, 01:53:34 am »

Whilst I wish Insane nothing but misfortune if all that happened was the quest item was given to him cause a druid ninja looted it, this isn't really a huge deal.

Having said that it does set a precedent, are you guys really ok with replacing every Heart of Hakkar and Head of Ossirian that gets ninjad?

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2014, 08:25:25 am »

Whilst I wish Insane nothing but misfortune if all that happened was the quest item was given to him cause a druid ninja looted it, this isn't really a huge deal.

Having said that it does set a precedent, are you guys really ok with replacing every Heart of Hakkar and Head of Ossirian that gets ninjad?

Not to mention:
- every item of the Draconic for Dummy quest line
- the legendary core by Ragnaros
- the Blood of Wyrmthalak for the pre-quests

and so on.
The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2014, 08:48:21 am »

Alright so he did in fact kill the boss and his item was ninja'd?
Well that is unfortunate but as stated in the rules ninja looters are part of the game and it's not forbidden to do it. Right below that there's the next rule that clearly states that GMs do NOT return lost items in general. Not even after a server crash. Never.
Assuming all this is true then the GM "helping" insane with his "issue" broke that rule. Last time I checked GMs had to stick to the rules and if they didn't they were kicked from the staff followed by the reversal of named action.

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
<Tauren Paladin>
View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2014, 09:59:30 am »

The druid was never supposed to be able to loot the item, therefore it is just fair to hand out the Questitem to the guy that wasn't able to pick it up. Imagine it was your Tf Joru, if GMs would not have helped you, you would not be able to get your weapon although you farmed both Bindings, the 100 Arc Bars etc. And the rule that no items are replaced mainly covers Items that dissaper due to server crashes, as far as I remember GMs used to replace the Ony Entrance Neck in the past cause the Q was broken to do so. I see no difference. And even misslooted Items were replaced, if Sin was online and it wasn't just a green lvl 36 staff. There is only one major rule missing that should be added: " GMs do whatever a retail GM would have done, as long as they got the power to do so".

In my eyes this is not about the fact that the Q Item got added because of a bug, more about that Insane got something most of you don't have.

Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2014, 10:00:17 am »

This is not a case of ninjalooting, but of a quest bug. The druid should have never been able to loot anything. So basicaly, we just completed his quest, after it bugged out. The quest works correctly normally and he had attempted everything else in a correct manner.
Therefore this is not an extraordinary new case, since its about purging the effect of a bugged quest, just as we do with tier 3 as well.
Moreover, it is not a new behaviour, since the staff always helped people with TF issues. For example, when hordes couldnt loot the eye of sulfuras (hi jetson).

It may sound hard, but could you stop bullshitting? 50% of what I read here comes from people, that dont know anything about the situation, for example Camullo. Knowing is not a must nowadays, it seems. Speculating is more fun.
You may not like Insane and may be jelly now or be mad in some different manner, since he got one of the best weapons ingame. But I for myself grow tired of this here, locked.

Greetings Erga

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: