October 23, 2020, 04:41:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148299 Posts in 18027 Topics- by 33787 Members - Latest Member: Phebi
Poll
Question: How to increase VG population?
More vote sites and vote rewards. - 6 (8.3%)
More GM input (events etc). - 21 (29.2%)
More developer input. - 17 (23.6%)
Start a "Free Omni" campaign. - 10 (13.9%)
Other. - 9 (12.5%)
An official VG youtube channel for PvP and PvE. - 9 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: How to increase VG population?  (Read 20383 times)
MagOnForum
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:11 pm »

I've seen many servers with their Youtube channels. I think VG should have one too.
WoW4Life
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 09:33:51 pm »

I've seen many servers with their Youtube channels. I think VG should have one too.
^ dis,and ofc more GM event's,in the past theres been quite a few events like 2v2,3v3 etc. idk why did that die,so it would be cool to restore that
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 09:37:06 pm »

idk why did that die
Because people behave like butthurts during such events.

WoW4Life
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 09:41:40 pm »

idk why did that die
still the event is veri phun and awesome,so I personally think restoring it would boost the server up
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 03:31:48 am »

idk why did that die

What he said.
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 09:56:22 am »

idk why did that die
No, GMs behave like butthurts.
It can't be that hard to think about a solution there. I already mentioned this a few months ago: Tell spectators to behave and tell them if they don't they are getting banned. It's quite easy. There's endless possibilities.
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 12:35:31 pm »

idk why did that die
It can't be that hard to think about a solution there. I already mentioned this a few months ago: Tell spectators to behave and tell them if they don't they are getting banned. It's quite easy. There's endless possibilities.

That's the worst idea I've ever read. You can't just scatter ban that easily for such reasons on a server with such low population - Nha, I disagree on that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:37:05 pm by Itsnotme » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 12:38:06 pm »

Well you can tell people to behave and if they don't you "ban" them for the duration of the event (e.g. ganker's etc).
<Tauren Paladin>
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 01:00:25 pm »

Or just screw spectators and set a Livestream. Either by a second Gm or somebody that is part of the Event as a player. You could watch the duells he does better than you can as spectator and the other duells would be seen from a spectator Pov.

My train is about to arrive - See u later

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »

idk why did that die

That's the worst idea I've ever read. You can't just scatter ban that easily for such reasons on a server with such low population - Nha, I disagree on that.
Of course you can. Obviously you're not thinking further. If you throw out bans for missbehaving in events instead of tolaration everything, everyone gets it after some people get punished for not behaving. I'm not even talking about perma bans.
How disturbing events is not a reason to punish people is kinda beyond me.
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 02:44:37 pm »

/agree tbh if there is no rules against disturbing such events there can be no accountability.
People need to realise that if they break a rule they pay for it, ofc that rule has to also be enforced.

As swordy says after some time with that system people will learn.

Convo A:
(Random 1) So i crashed that GM event the other day LOL it was brutal i screwed up 3 PvP matches they were so pissed and all they could do was shout at me  hahahahahah

(Random 2) ROFL yeah xxxxx is a complete douche they deserve it, tell me when the next one is i will come along and help aahahahhaha

Convo B:

(Random 1) So i crashed that GM event the other day LOL it was brutal they banned me for a week thats why i havent been on  Sad  all i did was run around a bit, the GM's are douches.

(Random 2) You got banned for running OMFG thats just retarded.

(Random 1) Wanna come and fuck up the next event?  xxxxx will be there.

(Random 2) Nah if i might get a ban for running around fuck that.

Problem solved.
It Aint Easy Being Green
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 03:30:37 pm »

geif better vote rewards
approve a new GM or 2, wtb some GM who actually helps ppl( no i dont mean nax farmers, im not worried about these ppl leaving server, they wont, help the little guy for god's sake)
no1 cares about pvp events, used to be cool when we all had somewhat equal gear, do something about the unbalanced bgs
we had that twink thing & a lot of ppl loved it, & u ppl killed it

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 04:16:16 pm »

geif better vote rewards
approve a new GM or 2, wtb some GM who actually helps ppl( no i dont mean nax farmers, im not worried about these ppl leaving server, they wont, help the little guy for god's sake)
no1 cares about pvp events, used to be cool when we all had somewhat equal gear, do something about the unbalanced bgs
we had that twink thing & a lot of ppl loved it, & u ppl killed it

Let me see if I got this straight ... Current GMs are not helpful ? They're not assisting players ?
WoW4Life
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 06:57:42 pm »

just add those god damn events back and enforce spectators to behave or simply punish them..
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 07:43:42 pm »

In my honest opinion I think the population could increase with most of all the above factors, not just one.

I think that VG need to concentrate more on the promotional and advertising side of things. We could do with more of a connection to the outside world of VG and players who have nostalgia for Vanilla. Like a lot of people have mentioned a fantastic way to advertise the server is by youtube, we could have an official account with videos of all the available content, and different enticing things that we see ourselves, so we are able to share those with other people who share the same interest.

I also think a huge factor of increasing the population is by actually keeping new players too. I know for a fact here at VG a lot of people come to try out the server or see what it's like, whether that be playing or talking to people in world for information, and we need to keep these players enticed and hooked. Lets maintain our fellow players and customers too VG.

A lot of people may argue that the VG staff don't try to increase the population or help the server, but on that note I just wanted to let everyone know that people who aren't GMs are probably capable also of helping the server just as much, it doesn't require a GM to create an advertisement video or help new starters.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but players enjoy playing on a server that has a good stable population, why? Because it's nostalgic, everyone loves a server with a tight knit community who know each other and compete with each other, just like the old days. I couldn't count on both hands how many new starters ask in world "how many players does this server have?" And without fail that player will always get a silly reply that will just totally put them off playing here, and next minute they have logged out too look for another server. Maybe we should have a detailed counter on how many players are online, how many accounts in total, this is a big factor when someone is deciding where they are going to spend their next few gaming months/years.

The fact that this server is the longest running vanilla server is a HUGE factor and should definitely be used more and emphasised as much as possible, where possible. Theres nothing better than knowing the server you are in is stable, and isn't going to close anytime soon.

So overall, I definitely think we need to advertise the server more, while getting every single VITAL point across of why you should choose Vanilla Gaming over any other server! But like I said it's not just about advertising, we also need to MAINTAIN these new players in order to potentially increase our population over a period of time, only then will we see progress. You guys have to remember this isn't just a game, this is a BUSINESS, and you need business strategies in order to manage this server well. I think once the population slowly starts too maintain and increase... no work will be required, the population will advertise for itself.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:47:05 pm by Mode » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: