June 16, 2019, 08:38:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
146115 Posts in 17710 Topics- by 31773 Members - Latest Member: tokapiz
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: L2P Mage: Full Guide  (Read 753720 times)
<Paradox>
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2015, 05:50:23 pm »

Do you guys use a certain rotation when using frost spec?
Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, (Blizzard when needed), Frostbolt, Frostbolt!
+1.

Anyways good guide, thanks! Smiley

Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »

Is there any sources or maths about the numbers stated by OP regarding the equivalent of spell power for 1 hit/crit ?

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 05:17:31 pm »

Is there any sources or maths about the numbers stated by OP regarding the equivalent of spell power for 1 hit/crit ?

As OP states, the stated "equivalence" beteen spelldmg and hit/crit is horribly simplified, since the added value of each stat (spelldmg, hit, crit) depends on alot of other factors (total spelldmg, total hit, total crit, enemy/situation faced). Its only used as a rough comparison of item value.

-- Flierr Priest (Realmplayers), (Youtube) @ De Profundis Guild
Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 06:05:42 pm »

Allright, thanks!
For spellcasters, there is a two-roll table right ?

Join the Chaos journey !

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »

Spellcaster Damage Calculator. This may do what your looking for Ayag. and you are correct there is a two-roll table, so the Crit and Hit are not worth the same value for Frost.

Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 11:15:21 am »

Thank you, I am going to try it out. Too bad it's not for lock, I am actually more interested by a lock version but there is not much theorycrafting on the lock forum :X

Would I be correct then, with the two-roll table, in saying that having +1hit also increases my overall crit ?
Let's say I have 90%hit 10% crit.
For 100 casts, that would be 10 misses, 9 crit (10% of the 90 that hit) and 81 regular hit right.

Now if I have 91%hit 10%crit, that would be 9 misses, 9.1crit and 80.9 regular hit.

So getting additional hit (under the cap ofc) increases overall crit chance ?

Join the Chaos journey !

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 01:22:21 pm »

exactly

Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 01:40:53 pm »

Following this logic, isn't hit>crit in any case then, regardless of the crit coefficient ?

Maybe not in a raid-environment because of ignite for fire mages or ISB for locks, but for your own dmg at least ?

Join the Chaos journey !

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »

On trash just get 5 hit (talents (mage) or gear (lock)), then stack crit and spelldmg.

On bosses you need to find some balance. As you mentioned, ignite and ISB are too important to ignore. Right now i wear 9 hit and 14 crit from bossgear (iirc). Now i wonder if i'd pull higher dps with more hit instead of crit :p

-- Flierr Priest (Realmplayers), (Youtube) @ De Profundis Guild
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 02:22:05 pm »

Following this logic, isn't hit>crit in any case then, regardless of the crit coefficient ?

Maybe not in a raid-environment because of ignite for fire mages or ISB for locks, but for your own dmg at least ?

Yes, as long as you're under hit cap. Same goes for fire really, as you wont crit if u dont hit, but it depends on number of fire mages in the raid and their gear compared to yours.

Likalottapus <De Profundis>
Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 04:23:51 pm »

Isn't it 4 for trash ?
But yeah I was talking for boss fights.

But as hit improves crit chance, it's still probably better to benefit hit over crit ?
More chances to proc ignites/isb. Well, kinda depends of the gear you're switching from.
Well if you try it Flier, let us know :p
Thanks for replying guys.

Join the Chaos journey !

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2015, 01:31:04 pm »

Hey, first of all great guide, thanks for that. You made some recent changes on the guide especially around spell penetration . Can you explain why please? thanks Smiley
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2015, 01:39:21 pm »

Hey, first of all great guide, thanks for that. You made some recent changes on the guide especially around spell penetration . Can you explain why please? thanks Smiley

Due to changes on the server. Before live update we had high resistances on bosses and needed (70?) spell pen from gear in order to lower the dps loss and remove partial resists.
However Zeard fixed unpenetrable resistances which are set at 15 now and bosses have the normal resistances as they did on retail and therefore there is no need for spellpen gear anymore because you cant remove the 15 unpenetrable resist thats set now.

Likalottapus <De Profundis>
Tester
www.vanillagaming.org
View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »

Due to changes on the server. Before live update we had high resistances on bosses and needed (70?) spell pen from gear in order to lower the dps loss and remove partial resists.
However Zeard fixed unpenetrable resistances which are set at 15 now and bosses have the normal resistances as they did on retail and therefore there is no need for spellpen gear anymore because you cant remove the 15 unpenetrable resist thats set now.

Actually, bosses have 90 ressistances now. Warlocks use CoE/CoS to remove 75 penetrable ressistances and you have 15 unpenetrable ones left.

Tester
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2016, 03:50:29 am »

You're putting too much work into it. It's a waste of your time versus how many people it will actually be useful to.
Topic: L2P Mage: Full Guide  (Read 233043 times)
umkay

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: