February 28, 2021, 05:38:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148589 Posts in 18071 Topics- by 33968 Members - Latest Member: Alitor
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Fathertony GM Application  (Read 13225 times)
View Profile
« on: October 07, 2013, 01:27:08 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
* My main character is either Fathertony (when i'm raiding) or Spiritualist when i'm not.

Q2. What is your real name?
* My real name is Anthony Lanzaro.

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
* I live in the State of Connecticut, East Coast USA.

Q4. What time zone are you located in?
* I am located in the Eastern Standard Time zone (EST).

Q5. How old are you?
* I am 23 years old.

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
* I have played retail from just after the release of BC, to just after the release of Cataclysm.

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
* My availability will differ from one week to the next due to the inconsistency of my work schedule, but typically I am available Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Saturday: from around 10:00 am - 12:30 pm (EST), and 11:30 pm - 02:30 am (EST); Thursday: Unavailable; Friday: from around 06:30 pm - 02:30 am (EST); Sunday: around 09:30 pm - 02:30 am (EST).

If I have days off from work, they are typically Tuesdays/Wednesdays, so on those days I will be available around 11:00 am - 12:30 am (EST).

Note that my work schedule is not concrete and may change from week to week.

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
* I typically spend at least three hours a day in game, and I check the game forums around once a week. As a GM, I would check the forums daily.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
* I have had no previous experience as a game master.

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
* I am a mature 23 year old who has recently graduated college with an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice. I am friendly, outgoing and always willing to help out others. I have also been playing on the Vanilla Gaming server for almost a year now. Not too much else to say about myself, really. I am on Facebook, so check me out if you like. Smiley

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
* I think I would be a good GM because I am actually interested in seeing this server succeed. I want to improve it so that we can bring in new players, and retain the ones we have already. I think that my friendly and productive personality would be an asset to the VG team. Also, working in retail for many years has taught me not to lose my cool when i'm being sworn at, or blamed for other people's mistakes (As the GMs on this server typically are).

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
*What interests me most about being a GM is actually having the power to help improve the server, and to help its members. Also, being a GM would make me the sole North American based GM currently active on the server.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
*At the current time, I help players by teaching them how to work around basic bugs on the server, (falling through the ground to your death, for an example). I also contribute by being a friendly and helpful guild officer. Being that my guild is the sole North American based raiding guild on the server, most North American players will end up there. Meaning, that if we are to increase our North American player base, we must provide a means to progress through game content, and give them a pleasurable gaming experience.

As a GM I would do my best to help improve the server by writing bug reports, working with the Dev. team and players to resolve their issues, and by being a friendly, outgoing and available point of contact.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.[We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]
* I am glad to see that Vanilla Gaming requires its staff to be professional. I would have no desire to be a member of an unprofessional staff.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
* I would have a few suggestions. To narrow it down, I would suggest getting a few more people on the Dev. team, and get a North American based GM, since there are no GMs actively online during peak N.A. raid times. (Milk does his best, but he can't always be there).

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?
* Without having specifics I would have to answer by saying that I would use the most appropriate, and least amount of punishment necessary to resolve the issue. If a warning to the players isn't enough, I may move to port them out of the event. If further punishment is required, I would look into other means as I, and the rest of VG's staff deem appropriate. If the situation is the result of something else that happened, I would try to get the full story to clarify the situation before I make my decision.

At all times I would remain unbiased, fair and professional.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
* The most important thing that a GM can do, is provide a pleasurable gaming experience to the members of his/her server. In order to achieve this, the GM must ensure fairness by making sure that players are following the rules, and that their concerns are addressed quickly, and appropriately. In addition, a GM must never make the members of his/her server feel unappreciated or neglected.

Q18. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
* On the Vanilla Gaming server, a GM answers tickets, watches members to ensure their adherence to the server's rules, and works with its membership base to address the issues of the server. GMs are not, however, members of the Dev. team, and do not work with coding, or similar issues. They are the first point of contact that most players have with the VG staff, and they get the ball rolling when it comes to resolving issues. They may, at times, be able to resolve a member's problem or bug by themselves, and without staff support.

Q19a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?
* If a player asks me for help, I will help him/her, provided I am able to do so. GMs are known on the server and are contacted even when they are not in GM mode, and it makes players feel appreciated when GMs stop what they are doing to aid the member base.

Q19b. And when you don't have time to help him?
* If I don't have the time, or am otherwise unable to help a player, I will explain to them that I personally can't help them, explain to them why I can't help them, and will seek further staff support if necessary. For example, if I don't have time to help a member, I will pass the member's issue to another GM online, if possible. If the issue is one that must be fixed by the Dev. team, I will forward that issue to them and explain that to the member.

Q20. What can you do to help the server grow?
* By actively working to correct in game issues, and by being friendly and available to the member base, I will help the server grow. I'm not sure how it is in Europe, but here in the U.S., most people have heard of this server from friends who are members. As a GM, I would strive to improve the server and make the member base feel appreciated, so that members will be more likely to recommend the server to people they know. It is also through these continued efforts that we will retain our current members. After all, what good is recruiting new members if we are losing the old ones?

Fathertony: LVL 60 Holy Priest
Spiritualist: LVL 60 Feral Druid

"Only now, at the end, do you see the truth."
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:30:41 am »

Would think this guy would be an excellent choice for a desperately needed GM in this timezone.

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:38:42 am »

He's a really helpful person in-game and outside of it, and from what i know there are no GMs in his Time Zone so i think he would suited for the job.
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 05:40:32 pm »

He's alright.
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 03:29:05 am »

I give you full support in this! Your an amazing person and so helpful for everyone! You get my vote for GM Cheesy
All generalizations are false, including this one.
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 03:37:00 am »

Full support of this! Very helpful, courteous, ability to communicate clearly and the time zone thing is a huge plus!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:04 am »

+++++ He is very friendly and helpful
IMA BEAST!
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 05:05:28 am »

I don't know you really, but looks like a solid app.  Hopefully you'll get a admin response this year, good luck mang.

-Blondy

If the thing is dead is it Necrophilia?
-Aster
Snoochies Boochies
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 05:56:18 am »

+1 for app.
+1 for NA Timezone
+1 for CONNECTICUT (Im from 203)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 06:25:01 am »

TY everyone for the kind words! Smiley And really Eva? so am I!

Fathertony: LVL 60 Holy Priest
Spiritualist: LVL 60 Feral Druid

"Only now, at the end, do you see the truth."
Three letter name.
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 08:34:18 pm »

He haz mai vote. <:

Play to learn or learn to play!
-Msk
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 01:37:54 am »

He acts just like a gm now anyway, why not just make it official xD
Science Officer
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 02:28:36 am »

I invited him to De Profundis as a lowlevel priest because he convinced me that he earnestly wanted to become horde and would be active and dedicated.  He never logged on again, and I ended up removing him from the guild three weeks later.  I hope his attitude regarding becoming GM is different than his attitude regarding becoming horde.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:32:11 am by Sarek » Logged

Medstudent007
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 04:54:43 am »

I don't know who this dude is, but his application is extremely impressive. He gets my vote too! Smiley
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 10:34:02 am »

+1. This guy looks like a gm that would actually care, something like erga.Exactly what VG needs.
GL buddy Smiley

Dancil lvl 60 Human Mage
Illindan lvl 60 Night elf warior
Omenem lvl 60 Tauren Shaman
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: