August 12, 2022, 05:20:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34454 Members - Latest Member: pikashowapp
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Argha Gamemaster Application  (Read 28402 times)
View Profile Email
« on: August 02, 2013, 11:40:29 am »

R1: I have been a member for 1 month or more. - Yes , Joined on April 2012,
R2: I am 18 years old or more. - Yes, i am 18 years 312 days old
R3: I can be online at least 3 hours a day. - Since April 2012 to August 2013, i have a playtime of 110 days on Vanilla gaming, which makes my Average time ingame per day somewhat around 4.5 to 5 hours.
R4: You must have any kind of facebook in order to join VG staff group for proper and thorough staff communication - Yes i have a facebook account of my own, which i will gladly use for Communication purpose.

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name? - Argha

Q2. What is your real name? - Supratim Ghosh (Although if i get accepted , you guys will notice that everyone in my irl knows me as Argha, its the name my mother calls me with, and its pretty much the name everyone even in my rl knows me by)

Q3. Where in the world are you located? - India

Q4. What time zone are you located in? - Gmt+5 30 (dst)

Q5. How old are you? - I am 18 years and 312 days old

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long? - I have no retail experience whatsoever, i started playing World of Warcraft here on Vanillagaming, and it is by far, the only wow server i have ever played in. (All my experience comes from here and spending long hours reading different forums including our own and wowiki/wowhead)

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc) - All days of the week, from around 13 30 server time to 00 00 server time and from 4 00 server time to around 6 30 server time. ( the rest of the time is devoted to my studies , my tuitions , and a part time job that i do for cash, but none of them are regular, so i log in the game from time to time, mostly whenever i have free time)

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game? - As i have said earlier , i spend an average of 4.5 to 5 hours a day in-game and i always keep an eye out on the forums, Hardly has a topic ever passed bu without me not noticing it. ( Its now my second nature to click my browser, and middle click the pinned tabs of vg/facebook and my guild website whenever i open my browser.XD)

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function? - No, I have no Previous experience as a gamemaster. But i am a pretty quick learner (i learned everything i can about wow in the past year, and i can say that i know a lot about the game now )

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself. - My name is Supratim ghosh, I am an Indian national residing in the city of Calcutta. I am an enthusiastic Person, and i believe in rules and fairplay. As this is an application concerning a position in a game, i will share my gaming history with you guys, as my personal details are pretty irrelevent.
well, i developed an interest for video games , right from when i was a toddler, used to see my brother playin the oldschool TV video games all the time. AS i grew up, i shifted from tv based video games to computer games, but since the economic condition of my family was always poor, i didnt own a pc until 2 years ago. Well that certainly didnt stop me from playing games, i used to hangout hours in firends places, cyber cafes/gaming cafes, and naturally, took an interest in counter strike 1.6. But after i got myself a pc of my own, i started to get bored of fps games, and started shifting to rpgs. After playing different well known rpgs for over a year, i stumbled across wow, (from gamespot asia i still remember, they said, No matter whoever or wherever you are , you simply must try this game out. and also gave a warning, if you have something big coming up in your life, then dont dare approach the game, cause it is addictive. Tongue, a young guy like me, these warnings actually made me go forward and play the game ). So i downloaded wow, and started playing here in vanilla gaming, (wowstatus, vg was rank 2d at that time, and the first ranked server was cata,). Well gamespot asia was right, i got addicted to the game, made friends , and started enjoying the game, and all of its aspect immensely.

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM. - I think i will be a Good gamemaster for several reasons

no 1- I am a very active player,

no 2 - Vg has many players from the eastern part of the world, but no gm from this timezone, so i will be an useful addition to the team and help vg go a step ahead in providing 24/7 gm support to its players.

no 3- I am a very useful and Well behaved guy, who does not abuse or misuse power, My history in the server is perfect, i never have had any trouble with anyone in this server (everyone i know is a friend, i dont think anyone can come ahead and say Argha was rude/unhelpful/misbehaved).

no 4- The part time job i mentioned that i do earlier is the job of assisting a sports and event manager, hence i have experience in that field, and i can organize events in the server pretty well.

no 5- I believe in fairplay, and if given the power, will do my best to ensure that here in vanillagaming, (which is like a home to me, cause it is where i learned to play wow, it is where i have devoted 110 days of my life) a player gets the best experience of playing, howvever i can, be it by reporting bugs, which causes nuisance to players, or by assisting them whenever needed. (of course keeping in mind the limits and rules that a gm has and follows)

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position? - The most interesting aspect of being a gm is the ability to help other people. I am confident that by being a gm i can actually serve the server better, and make it a better place , as much as i possibly can, to play in.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community? - I will (i already do) Share my knowledge with everyone. I am an assistant event manager , and i can make events in the server, which are very rare these days due to the lack of active game-masters/ or enthusiastic game-masters. By playing in this server for so long, i know a number of bugs, and also have the ability to discover new ones, which i intend to report. if given the position of a gm, i will have a better chance to utilise mthis ability, and find out new bugs and exploits , which in turn , can be fixed by the devs, making the server more blizzlike.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.[We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar] - I am a very professional person when it comes to job, so that will not be an issue. I keep appointments and i have good fluency in speaking/writing/ understanding english.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be? - My suggestion, will be to utilize the funds that the server owner is receiving, for more proper advertising of the server, as more new players = more donations= greater profit, and in economics, we say, the higher the profits are the better the workplace, in this case , the server will be. Also implement more fixes all the time as well as script newer wings in naxx, as currently as many as 4 guilds have cleared all available content, and they constitute the core player base of the server, who are expecting a new release.

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad? - There are several ways of controlling an event which is getting out of control. The remedy always has to be as per the problem, gms has the powers to freeze people, which is very useful in conducting an event. other than that, if the rules of the event are transparent enough, Then the chance of events getting out of conflicts gets lowered, cause the participants are supposed to know what they should and what they shouldnt do. Also the most important thing i have noticed , is good behavior, which always prevents such things from happenings and tends to bring the best out of anyone.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do? - Being a gm, is like being a political leader of the country. The person who is a gm, is in no way superior to the general players, rather the gm is supposed to be their helper, and hence assist them in any and everyway , whenever and always. (again ill point it out that i will always keep limitations in my mind, unacceptable requests will ofc, be ignored). Also the ability to keep calm, and have patience and good behaviour is of utmost importance.

Q18. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain. - The basic job of a gm is to help the general player base of the server. Gms represent the server administration, and they are expected to behave always in such a way that the reputation of the server grows,and people can associate vanillagaming  as a friendly and helpful community.

Also a gm is supposed to help people in need, organize events, report bugs, catch and report abusers , Give ideas of making the server a better place to the higher administration and keep them notified about the day to day activities of the server in game. Also a gm has to be active in the forums, to answer questions that are often asked by people in an efficient way, so that they get a proper and satisfactory answer.

Q19a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help? - I will do my best to help the player keeping in mind my limits and the validity of the request. (i wont of-course help a player if he asks me to give him epics or teleport him to somewhere just because he is lazy.Tongue , that's abusing and misusing the powers of a gm and breaking the trust of the higher administration) .

Sometimes newer players are unable to portray their actual needs properly, at those times, i will try my best to understand what they actually want and try to help them accordingly, and keep my patience with them.

I will also tend to ingame ticket always, and it will be the first priority i will have ingame as a gm.

Q19b. And when you don't have time to help him? - being a person i can have emergencies, and may have to leave while in the process of helping , or having to leave 1 or 2 tickets unattended, in those cases i while make a note of the tickets, and quickly contact the players concerned to contact me at a later time, or direct them to other gamemasters, whichever will be more convenient to the player as per the situation.

Q20. What can you do to help the server grow? - The best i can do , is to give time , which i am sure everyone will agree, is one of the most valuable thing a person can contribute. Also i will , as i have said earlier, uphold the server rules, and behave such that the server reputation is never besmirched, and so that the reputation gets better. being a student of economics and a part time event organizer, i can also make suggestions for better advertisement of the server, point out places which requires improvement, be it in game or in forum.

Looking forward to criticisms and feedbacks

Thanking you
Supratim
(Argha/Catiane/catra/katiane/Clips)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:10:17 pm by Argha » Logged

Faszfej
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »

I say that this is a very nice GM application, Argha!

Good luck for you, here's a +1 from me!
Tester
Lusse / Grooveshark
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:36:44 pm »

+1 from me, like it Cheesy
Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:39:12 pm by Lusse » Logged

Afelinka
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44:49 pm »

+1
Science Officer
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:56:43 pm »

I am a very professional person when it comes to job, so that will not be an issue.
  /facepalm This is but one of many grammatical flaws within your application.  But given that
We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.
is itself an error-riddled abomination, I suppose that you may be forgiven.

This appears to be a thoughtful and sincere application.  However, 18 is a bit on the young side - I would be reluctant to grant GM powers to an teenager unless they have extraordinary experience, and this young man has unfortunately only owned a computer for two years and has never played vanilla in retail.

Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 06:15:33 pm »

A most sincere application. Every question answered thouroughly. It matters not that he hadn't been playing Vanilla on retail. He is a commited player and since he has been playing here for the past year he already knows the problems with which a GM might face and that will prove very helpful in lending a helping hand in any possible situation.

+1 from me Argha.
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »

As much as I'd love to say +1 , I must say your lack of experience can be an issue, especially when detecting bugs, as without playin g retail you won't be able to see what's wrong with some raid encounters.
Meurth
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 06:44:53 pm »

this young man has unfortunately only owned a computer for two years and has never played vanilla in retail.

Are you talking about Zeard or Argha? lol
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 08:01:09 pm »

As much as I'd love to say +1 , I must say your lack of experience can be an issue, especially when detecting bugs, as without playin g retail you won't be able to see what's wrong with some raid encounters.

No retail Vanilla experience. Yes, i lack retail experience, but i doubt that there are many people out there who have vivid memory of Vanilla in retail, to find out bugs from thier memory of the game from retail alone. So like others, including the developers of this server, i rely on other sources, to understand how the game used to be, and so far , it has not been very hard to figure out exactly how things used to be in Vanilla wow in retail, whenever i have searched for it.

Well, 18 years is the criteria for being a gm, I think they knew how mature an 18 year old teenager can be when they made the rules. I can reassure you, that if you have a penchant for learning and listening, you can learn something very quickly and efficiently, as i have leant and expanded my knowledge about vanilla wow. Also when that is coupled with liking for the subject, it becomes even easier.

Steve on the forums
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 01:49:07 am »

No retail Vanilla experience. Yes, i lack retail experience, but i doubt that there are many people out there who have vivid memory of Vanilla in retail, to find out bugs from thier memory of the game from retail alone. So like others, including the developers of this server, i rely on other sources, to understand how the game used to be, and so far , it has not been very hard to figure out exactly how things used to be in Vanilla wow in retail, whenever i have searched for it.

Well, 18 years is the criteria for being a gm, I think they knew how mature an 18 year old teenager can be when they made the rules. I can reassure you, that if you have a penchant for learning and listening, you can learn something very quickly and efficiently, as i have leant and expanded my knowledge about vanilla wow. Also when that is coupled with liking for the subject, it becomes even easier.

Played retail since alpha and still can't remember all the little things. Don't worrym I bet nobody does Smiley
MCB
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 07:21:14 am »

Never talks shit in world or in battlegrounds unlike 99% of VG elites.

(+)
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 08:17:13 am »

+1 Buddy  Cool

The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 11:02:08 pm »

App looks solid and as far as I can tell from occasionly speaking to argha he's a legit guy.
Haven't seen him flaming or being involved in anything shady.

+1

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
<Unique>
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 11:17:12 pm »

+1 from me
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║ █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌║
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 05:13:03 pm »

+1 form me Argha ^^

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: