April 14, 2021, 05:05:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148659 Posts in 18081 Topics- by 34027 Members - Latest Member: foxcz1
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pisces's GM Application  (Read 5842 times)
View Profile
« on: January 29, 2013, 04:13:35 am »

I am not a member of a month but i know vanilla enough to

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?

Pisces

Q2. What is your real name?

Stoian Emanuela

Q3. Where in the world are you located?

Romania

Q4. What time zone are you located in?

+2

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?

6 months, and that on a friend's account who was already 70 in burning cursade, since then  no, just priave servers.

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)

Sunday: 2-5
Monday: 4-7
Tuesday: 4-7
Wednesday: 4-7
Thursday: 4-7
Friday: 4-7
Saturday: 7-10

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?

Enough, and i love forums.

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?

Been a GM on Insain Funserver - closed for no reason with no explanation and i was banned from there over 10 times because devs were hunting me for not following the rules.
Been Inquisitor on Neverendless server - Still up, can be proven, got kicked because i banned 2 gms and i was right but the corruption was a bit too high.
Been Head GM on wowbeez - that was because of a friend, and i had to quit because my friend hacked the serv and they thought i had something to do with it and didn't really had the chance or even opportunity to explain myself.
Been a developer on a 2.4 serv - serv made by ex members of Insain funservers, we had it going for around 4 months but it died because we did not had time for it.
Been admin on a iranian server - Closed because the founders moved to australia to work for a bigger company and i did not agree on holding it up by myself so we closed it.
Been a Head GM on Cataclysmic WoW - can also be proven, server is still up, left it because of corruption, it was more of a suicidal action.
And others i might've forgot

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.

I am a honest person, easy to handle others, hard to handle myself, i prefer players over GMs and will never go against one players's word, especially when a GM is involved. I've had 2 years of psychology university, i didn't finished it yes but i learned my basic people skills at least. Currently in 4th year in medicine.

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.

I am innovative, i can handle deadline, i like to offer player support, i do not go over the rules.

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?

I've had my share of player, and i am done with that, i went for the GM position not for fun or power or fame but for everything i have to offer.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?

I can help promote the server, i've worked as a dev on servers before, but my main position was Head GM. I know when and how to handle others.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.[We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]

I've been on several servers by now, i saw lots of them dying, i saw how they died and i know why, i have ideas on how to prevent it.

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?

I have lots of suggestions to give but sure not gonna write them here, if anything, i'll do them myself.

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?

I never had an event that went out of control, tho i had situations when i needed to get control, ad yes i know to handle them.

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?

There is nothing more important for a GM than keeping his team together, aside from that, being an expert at class roles, knowing the internal system of the game and having a polite, most mature attitude worth of a model.

Q18. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.

Depends on the ranks, but mainly a GM simply takes care of tickets, or so i know from retail. Unoficially, GMs handle everything a dev doesn't.

Q19a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?

If i can help him, i will, if i can't or i am not allowed, i'll just forward him to a higher ranked member of the team.

Q19b. And when you don't have time to help him?

As i said, i will forward him to a higher ranked member.

Q20. What can you do to help the server grow?

I've been working in the most possible positions. I learned lots of secrets and i have my own waiting to be applied.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 04:26:08 am »

Well this is a bad application, not much more needs to be said but I will expand since you have spent at least a small amount of time on your app.

You have not been playing this server for very long, the community here is strange basically the only people suited to this server are well known and respected existing community members. In addition it is impossible for you to have invested enough in this server to 'just want to help it' in such a short period of time and therefore are likely applying for somewhat selfish reasons.

You have very little vanilla experience and next to none in retail, therefore you will not be able to offer insight, the most important thing on this server since GMs actually have very little purpose due to lack of power.

You seem to have left several previous servers in acrimonious circumstance, you can play this down but if it has happened on several occasions, perhaps it's you?

You state you have ideas to help the server but do not say what they are, this leads to 2 possible conclusions, either you have no ideas or you do and are not sharing them without getting something in return (the GM position) which flys in the face of your assertion that you want to help the server.

In the events question you state you would bring it under control, the question asks how.

I think this is a poor application and while I think that new GMs are a must on this server I do not believe this one is the answer.

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
Ice <3
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:40:52 am »

Well this is a bad application, not much more needs to be said but I will expand since you have spent at least a small amount of time on your app.

You have not been playing this server for very long, the community here is strange basically the only people suited to this server are well known and respected existing community members. In addition it is impossible for you to have invested enough in this server to 'just want to help it' in such a short period of time and therefore are likely applying for somewhat selfish reasons.

You have very little vanilla experience and next to none in retail, therefore you will not be able to offer insight, the most important thing on this server since GMs actually have very little purpose due to lack of power.

You seem to have left several previous servers in acrimonious circumstance, you can play this down but if it has happened on several occasions, perhaps it's you?

You state you have ideas to help the server but do not say what they are, this leads to 2 possible conclusions, either you have no ideas or you do and are not sharing them without getting something in return (the GM position) which flys in the face of your assertion that you want to help the server.

In the events question you state you would bring it under control, the question asks how.

I think this is a poor application and while I think that new GMs are a must on this server I do not believe this one is the answer.

Nailed it, Flange.

Also, the first server on which you were GM... you got banned 10 times for not following the rules? Meh...

Thx Buexx for the sig <3
"(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻"   ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)"
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:19 pm »

Flange you take too much time.

No.
IMA BEAST!
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 01:22:09 pm »

HAAI!    no.

If the thing is dead is it Necrophilia?
-Aster
Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 11:56:29 am »

I stopped there.

A GM should speak English - not google translate.

We do not forgive, we do not forget. Expect us!
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 06:52:07 pm »

I stopped there.

A GM should speak English - not google translate.

Lol. Word.

Good, better, best, never let it rest, until your good is better, and your better is Kres!
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 06:55:29 pm »

You're all so rude, need a class in the Flange school of politeness. Nubs.

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
It Aint Easy Being Green
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 12:27:19 am »

no offense
i dont know u
& i assume no1 on VG does
why shud they trust u with their server?
make some bones

Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 02:44:04 pm »

Pretty epic resurrection. This guy was very silly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: