May 17, 2021, 06:29:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148700 Posts in 18087 Topics- by 34066 Members - Latest Member: xlimixlimi
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi-Boxing General Advice  (Read 2092 times)
View Profile
« on: April 18, 2013, 02:16:10 am »

Ive been boxing on this server for a month or so, and Ive had to field many various questions. I'm just making this post so I have somewhere to refer people with the typical questions.

Quick FAQ first:

Which software do you use?
PWNBoxer

Do you have 5 computers running WoW?
No, multiple instances on one laptop (MSI x460Dx)

You just run warcraft 5 times from the same install?
No, you have to copy your install folder for each instance of the game you want to run.

-end of faq

OK, I'm going to breeze through this first, and come back to it later with more detail. Feel free to add information and I'll edit the good stuff into the first post.

Here is the basic how-to after you have configured PWNBoxer to your liking.

--Abilities--

1.  I leave actionbar 1 button 1 blank on the leader. This is one of the keys i spam often. each of my followers has an assist macro in this spot. very simple:

/assist Mallard

Then I start my rotation. (class specific)

2.  I have my key bindings for action bar 3 set up so that buttons 8-12 (or equal sign) are bound to keys:
 [ R ] - [ ` ] - [ F ] - [ G ] - [ H ] respectively.

bar3-button0 or the F key, is my follow macro:
/follow Mallard
(i know, simple right)
this is first becaue i am constantly spamming it.

bar3-button8, the R key, is my boss spamming button. Once i get my dots up, this is shadowbolt or mind flay.

bar3-button9, the [ `] key, this is my shadowburn, or deathcoil, dpending on lock-spec. if it were a warrior, it would be execute. not hit often, but readliy available.

bar3-button11, the [ G ] key, this is my drain soul.

bar3-button12, the [ H ] key, this is life tap and prayer of healing*
(*obviously doesnt cast when priest is in shadowform)

other then that i mix up my action bar1 so certain people cast certain things while others do nothing or are channeling a spell.

---Mouse Clicking---

I dont have the constant broadcasting mouse option on. I set [ F1 ] to left click and [ F2 ] to right click. If you  keep the camera distance the same on all your followers and keep camera follow on auto or smart, typically all the NPCs are on the same cord on each screen. hover the mouse over the NPC and F2 to talk on all screens. Make sure you put your leader to the side of the npc so you dont block access.

--- Play style---

Focus on quests where you just have to kill things and not loot, or where you just have to loot the head off of someone. The alliance quest "FIFTEY YEP!" is the antithesis of mbox questing.

Mix up your specs. When i play the rogues, I have a stunlock talented leader, and the followers are all ambush/backstabbing their hearts out.

Melee classes dont mix easily with casters. It can be done, but thats my threashold for fun turning into work, so i dont do it.

I'll post more in depth about the rogues if anyone wants, but I'm sick of writing on the forums for now.

Contact Meyaht  or Mallard in game with questions, or please just post here.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:26:58 am by Meyaht » Logged

http://tinypic.com/r/3094x2g/6
nostalgia is why i'm here
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:36:34 am »

I don't think you need 5 installs.   I've only ever ran 3 but it was all from the same install.

Maybe somethings broken for me though. ..
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 10:12:23 am »

Why would you need 5 installts? Good question heh.
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:50:40 pm »

It simply didn't work when I had one install. If you can tell me a setting I could change somewhere, or maybe there's sobering I'm doing wrong, I would love to free up 20GB of space.

-posted from my phone.

http://tinypic.com/r/3094x2g/6
nostalgia is why i'm here
I am son of the sun
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »

It simply didn't work when I had one install. If you can tell me a setting I could change somewhere, or maybe there's sobering I'm doing wrong, I would love to free up 20GB of space.

-posted from my phone.
ugh.. just run a same wow you run usually just like..more times.. works for me.. i've ran 5 wow accounts at once from 1 install Smiley

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 03:45:24 pm »

Could be the client files ur using.. I got mine from  uhh that 'other' vanilla server, so maybe the .exe has been modified?
The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 04:29:34 pm »

Yeah it only works with some of the clients that are out there on the internet. Works fine with the one from TPB. You just need to minimize your client(s) and start a new one. Else you can get a DX error message.

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: