September 26, 2020, 07:57:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148243 Posts in 18020 Topics- by 33727 Members - Latest Member: Stevenstino
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arec's GM Application  (Read 2699 times)
View Profile Email
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:38:05 am »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Arec

Q2. What is your real name?
Alec Bruce-Mason

Q3. Where in the world are you located?
Sydney, Australia

Q4. What time zone are you located in?
GMT +10 Hours

Q5. How old are you?

Q6. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
yes, i played since WOW came out (Pre BC), then went trhough the BC, and WOTLK, and i still have a (somewhat) active account

Q7. What times exactly can you GM? (Be specific please : Days/Times etc)
Mon-Sun, 7pm-2am AUS Time, which roughly means 12am-7am

Q8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW, on the forums or in-game?
4-6 hours

Q9. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? And if so, on what server, and function?
Yes, General GM on Dominion WOW

Q10. Tell us a little about yourself.
Well my name is Alec (as seen above), i'm seen and noticed as a friendly person through first impressions, im australian (i believe this is a big 'plus' for you guys, because you will have a 'nocturnal' GM helping out ). i have a simple daytime job, therefore it cannot interfere with my gaming, i'm just a plain all-around friendly, helpful, playful guy (and people love my accent hehe )

Q11. Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
i believe i would make a great GM because of my postive attitude towards this game, i am a good sport, some see losing a duel as ssomething that just annoys them, some believe other classes are overpowered, i just see them as balancing out the system, every class can beat another class depending on the spec.

Q12. What interests you most about the GM position?
i know this sounds really 'cheesey' but i honestly want to help out, i love the game and i believe the best era of the game was Pre-BC, MC, BWL, Scholomance, Strat, Ony, Naxx its all the best stuff in the game, why else are they trying to make it lvl 80 stuff. i also want to see the game from the 'staff's' point of view.

Q13. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
well i see the game as balanced for one, there is no 'OPness' just people getting annoyed and trying to find an outlet for rage, im wanting to show the community that there is no reason for this raging, i currently am doing this, i try to calm people down, and if they think im abusing something, and im honestly not sure about it i will stop immediatley and follow up on the forums. but i just generally a positiv person, and i want to 'rub-off' some of that positivity onto the community and various players.

Q14. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar.      [We will not accept you if you have a lack of proper spelling and grammar]
well, i have just recently completed my HSC (Australian version of High School, or school in general), i did pass english (hehe) so hopefully that counts

Q15. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
the only thing i can currently suggest to the server is physical environmental stuff, and from my previous GM work i do understand the difficulty this produces for the staff memebrs so i have no need to burden the already busy staff.

Q16. Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad?
well the first thing that happens or is the cause to 'bad events' is usually the act agression, also known as 'raging' this usually results from the minor faults in the server (i know its hard for you guys, im not trying to make it harder), my personal steps that are needed to resuolve the conflict are as follows; 1) create a genera system message to take a brief minute to remind the players what there here to do e.g. 'everyone, we are here to have fun, to reflect on the best parts of the World of Warcraft, so please clearly explain to me what the isue is', 2) if the issue is between two particular people then a general warning may need to be addressed (depending on their attitude towards the respective GM), 3) try to clearly resolve the issue, as long as the knowledge is held by the GM, if not a simple request that the players have a brief run through the forums to see if someone else has run into the same problem as them

Q17. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do?
well, once again, not trying to sound cheesey but the most important thing, i believe a GM acan do is help both the players of the community and the staff members of the community simultaneously. through the processing of GM tickets, providing players with gear that they have donated for, and making sure the GM is in game during the times that were announced to th estaff of Prebound.

Q18. How good is your knowledge of the commands you have to use in World of Warcraft?
well honestly, not too great, m previous GM job was a little easier that usual, they had created a small program that merged with the world of warcraft client to provide the simple commands that were needed. i realise that not all communities may carry this same programming and thats why i must say that i am a quick learner, i can and will find out these commands (hoping the other staff members may help) but i will also use my own time and effort in researching these commands and methods of control.

Q19. Do you know WHAT a gm does? Please explain.
i believe a GM is there to help the community, this is done through the thorough usage of answering GM tickets provided by the players, using language that is respectful and clear. when a GM needs to help a player in teh physical environment, they will either teleport them to their desired location or if not specified, their hope town. when a GM has to attend to customers who have currently donated, they will transfer their character to the GM island and attend to their needs there.
Q20a. What will you do if a Player asked you for help?if a player asked me (as a GM or a player) for help, i would respectfully attend to their needs, whether it just be the requirement of some general information on a topic, or something that a GM can physically help with (e.g. teleportation, ticketing, connection issues, server questions, or just general support)

Q20b. And when you don't have time to help him?
well hopefully this issue doesnt happen, but if it must and does occur then i will tell the player to either adress a post on the forum (providing the exact link) or tell the player when the next available staff member will and should be logging in game.

Q21. What can you do to help the server grow?
the only thing i can do to help the server grow is to pay respects to the other staff members, to the various plaayers, help out where i can, and use my Pre-BC knowledge wherever it is needed. as i said previously i am a helpful person and i am trying to become a Game Master, hopefully the aspect of people saying 'the server Prebound has some really nice, friendly staff that are alert on your tickets' tt would be one of my major contributions to the server, also i do have access to a wide community here in australia that i am already convincing to play Prebound WOW

Kind Regards
Alec bruce-Mason
Administrator
The only source of knowledge is experience.
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 06:25:47 am »

DECLINED, I have no idea who you are

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: