May 25, 2022, 03:10:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148971 Posts in 18127 Topics- by 34408 Members - Latest Member: Lupdemare
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye Janitor (discussion)  (Read 8541 times)
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:14:08 am »

I felt it was rude to lock his farewell thread. http://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=10183.0

Goodbye then Janitor. I didn't play with you much but you were a cool guy from what I can gather.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:42:01 pm by Joru » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:01:41 am »

I never knew him, i just remember him posting a lot of reports for bugs in the bug section, tho i understand his actions. He is just one of many who had enough, and i see that number of those increases.

I will only say one thing to Sinse and Zeard. Do not lose inquisitor, cause if you do, you are fuckd.
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:28:32 am »

So a person leaves for the fact that i honestly say we haven't started working on new wing, and we haven't planned to, yet. Sounds like valid reason

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:36:21 am by Sinsemilla » Logged

Sins : Staff character
Sin : Player character

GM / Staff complaints are sent to me Erga or Zeard via pm, not posted on forums, there they will be deleted on sight.
You know I really have no idea what to write here
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:58:35 am »

So a person leaves for the fact that i honestly say we haven't started working on new wing, and we haven't planned to, yet. Sounds like valid reason

Seems legit*.

No, he leaves because you don't work on new content, and he got nothing to do because Zeard gives a fuck about this server.
There are other servers out there.

fuck u mean by signature my name is a signature to this community
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:08:56 am »

Seems legit*.

No, he leaves because you don't work on new content, and he got nothing to do because Zeard gives a fuck about this server.
There are other servers out there.

?

I said we are not working on new content yet, doesn't mean we wouldn't be at some point. When i'm at situation i can't promise anything that would meet up his demands, or give dates, sounds rather ridiculous that THIS particular case makes him to leave, when all the possible fail reasons you can come up with have been around for ages

its up to you wether you have something to do or not, you dont just play a server through like it would be some performance, at some point nax will be fully open and then what? Make tbc server or we'll leave? Thats terrible excuse for anything, read the earlier topics

Zeard cares for the server. Zeard alone is the c++ dev of this server. Zeard has his life to live thereby he can't be present 24/7. Many other servers have plenty of c++ developers. I cba repeat myself
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:19:28 am by Sinsemilla » Logged

GM / Staff complaints are sent to me Erga or Zeard via pm, not posted on forums, there they will be deleted on sight.
<Tauren Paladin>
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 12:53:56 pm »

Then get another C++ dev and maybe pay him some Euro.
Pro: Zeard wont have to care anymore , cause he got someone to do the work for him.
Pro: New content -> More ppl -> More money
Con: Maybe he will steal the DB and make his own server, but I guess Zeard is smart enough to build in some stuff that the Server wont run (like "doors" so he can hack the new stolen server)

I will rly miss you Janitor, you were one of the best Pve Rogues on the server (never did Pvp with ya). Please tell Jordai now how to Dps like a man <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:49:19 am »

nab, why leave
no1 to beat in deeps left  Sad
Take care  Kiss

and sins, Id say not doing anything to improve the server in over a year is a great reason to leave the server. Should we just sit here and wait for a meteorite with great scripting information lands on top of Z's head? Cus thats what it feels like.
"To run 10 miles isnt a problem, if you know its 10 miles you are running"

/Monsieur
<Distilled Wisdom>
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 11:25:43 am »

I will only say one thing to Sinse and Zeard. Do not lose inquisitor, cause if you do, you are fuckd.

thats true
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 01:22:34 pm »

nab, why leave
no1 to beat in deeps left  Sad
Take care  Kiss

and sins, Id say not doing anything to improve the server in over a year is a great reason to leave the server. Should we just sit here and wait for a meteorite with great scripting information lands on top of Z's head? Cus thats what it feels like.

/Monsieur
lol 1 year? its been more like 3 years of slowly progressing content and those meteors do fall just with small scripting each time

"I thought Aster was only a legend"
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 02:27:20 pm »

nab, why leave
no1 to beat in deeps left  Sad
Take care  Kiss

/Monsieur

Your ignorant to say so. Zeard has made many considerable fixes this year at an quite steady flow, so no its not a valid reason

and no, dont reply by describing what defines improving to you, since you have no clue, last time i looked i was the person completely aware of the server architecture and staff policies / the game content and development relation

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:16:59 pm by Sinsemilla » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 02:59:48 pm »

This.
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 03:02:35 pm »

This.

Yes a big guild has never disbanded before ; exactly, this with a depressing dot, we are so fuckd

And i doubt they'll go anywhere for the reason that i've honestly stated we have not yet started working on new wing, which is what this case is about , and if anthems comment wasnt for this particular case then its completely irrevelant
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:12:43 pm by Sinsemilla » Logged

<Distilled Wisdom>
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 03:19:26 pm »

This.
And i doubt they'll go anywhere for the reason that i've honestly stated we have not yet started working on new wing,

Interesting point of view. Thats frivolous
Faszfej
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 03:21:24 pm »

I know it's not your job to do, but for the Love of God, if You, devs, ask for support try and apply some people to help you scripting things. I know that you get a real minimal amount of the income, but still I bet there are people out there who would help you fixing/scripting things just so the community (including them) have some more fun!
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 03:29:05 pm »

@Jordai

What is frivolous? My statement? I just say what i can and know of the situ, but yes, would indeed be frivolous to disband based on a statement saying that, considering how recently you guys cleared naxx / aq40

What would not be frivolous is that they'd disband if naxx doesn't show up in ages, due to having raids too long on farm, which will not happen

I know it's not your job to do, but for the Love of God, if You, devs, ask for support try and apply some people to help you scripting things. I know that you get a real minimal amount of the income, but still I bet there are people out there who would help you fixing/scripting things just so the community (including them) have some more fun!

we have looked for c++ coders without results, the point is to understand the core architecture also, we need some1 involved within the scene

we'd take more c++ programmers for paid job, but i haven't seen any applications
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:35:47 pm by Sinsemilla » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: