January 22, 2020, 01:55:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147253 Posts in 17882 Topics- by 32993 Members - Latest Member: babytesla15
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help for my new challenge.  (Read 2235 times)
"We follow waves of sound from life to life"
View Profile Email
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:31:48 am »

Ok guys,after i took a repack of wow and start playing myself doing all kind of stuff,i came with an idea,but hard to think on how to do such thing
Short story:I wanna take the models of bosses,items from another patch and add them on classic,that's possible,accessing the database of 1 patch and add it to another.
Now,can anyone lend me a tutorial or some advice?Don't know where to start.

Tнe Bιrd oғ Herмeѕ ιѕ мy ɴαмe,eαтιɴɢ мy wιɴɢѕ тo мαĸe мe тαмe.
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:45:25 pm »

well seeing as you already mentioned that you are using a repack i doubt you can do it
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 05:52:02 pm »

i think u can . but its hard, if it's about changing some digits in a database tht is easy. but adding models to the core thts another story.. u gota be a programmer and so

only thing repacks good for is to Test your gear stats and so, but good luck
"VG Vigilante"
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:54:21 pm »

adding anything to any patch is extremely difficult.
A) if it's more than the patch's original filesize i'm fairly certain the server will tell you that you're using the wrong patch
B) if you do anything to the patch as a server hoster - all the people playing on your server need to use the same patch to see the same stuff at least (or they may not even be able to log in without altering patch allow list)

a great programmer could potentially do anything but you rarely hear about people adding stuff like that to games that normally don't feature a simple API to work with. this game isn't exactly made for customizing to prove it they made warden just to make sure they knew exactly what was going on in the background (blizzard is rumoured to have removed the ability to scan processes but i doubt it I just think they changed how it scanned)

keep it simple bro - learn how to fix bugs, manage security, add custom weapons (but use current patch gear dont try and add custom models), script bosses or npc's, make portals and shit.. just learn and experience it. it took me 6 months of almost daily playing on my max 5 people server to feel comfortable hosting it publicly. have some patience you need to learn the code and how it works
P.S. repacks make it very difficult to customize anything aside from database information. however they do make it significantly more simple until you learn about compiling and MySQL (MySQL is a huge thing to look into, it's an important aspect and can mean the difference for a popular server)

Running fraps is the best way to catch noobs
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:59:13 pm »

Thanks for the reply,but eh,seems my challenge not possible..idk how to fix bosses since i've never played retail,and idk how they're suppose to do exacly,creating custom items is booring,making Onyxya spawn gnomes is booring too.
I only needed to do that but if not possible,seems i need to find another thing to do.
Thanks a lot for the reply's again,i owe you guys big time,wasted many days trying to find out what to do.
P.s YOUTUBE SUCKS!

Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:07:10 am »

Easy, my ingame tf's are black Cheesy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 01:38:57 am »

there are boss guides out there that tell you exactly what bosses are supposed to do and when so that information IS available.  coding it is the hard part.  as long as you can find a good boss guide, that part should not be difficult if you are best coder EU.

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 04:32:55 pm »

there are boss guides out there that tell you exactly what bosses are supposed to do and when so that information IS available.  coding it is the hard part.  as long as you can find a good boss guide, that part should not be difficult if you are best coder EU.

I quitted,a bit too hard for me ,and to start with this when i don't even have more then 3-4 h free impossible to do.
I'm going after Cabal:)seems an interesting game for me,so thanks guys.,locked:D

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: