April 07, 2020, 05:08:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
147596 Posts in 17925 Topics- by 33226 Members - Latest Member: kouji4ever
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Twink War.  (Read 6811 times)
View Profile
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:40:32 am »

Should note this was orignally Booraz's idea, however he seems to be slacking on posting it up here so I shall do it instead.

The Event: Large scale event for 1v1 between twinks.

How it would work: After some back of a cigarette packet planning and general chats in world chat this seemed a good way to do it:
A start date is announced at which point anyone who wants to take part makes a new toon and is manually set to a level by the GM running the event and then has their XP frozen completely so levelling further is not possible.
A set period of time is given for gathering gear, chants etc. I am unsure what period of time this should be, I’m inclined to think it should not be longer than a month, please feel free to discuss this. On the end date the event takes place at gurubashi arena.
The format of the event would depend on the number of participants. It is my view this may attract more participants than normal 1v1 due to the relative lack of gear imbalance. If there are enough numbers there could be a draw for group stages with the winner of each group going into a knockout round. This means you aren’t one fight and then out after all your work on your twink.

The Reward: Well since this is a long term event I realise that a sought after prize should be required my suggestion would be a choice of: Any 2 items from 5 man dungeons , 2000 gold or an ivory raptor for the winner.

This is a rough idea which I think could be fun to run, feel free to offer improvements or completely shoot down the idea. Hopefully if there is enough interest we can get a GM on board to run this.

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 10:19:08 am »

-1 on the ivory raptor
++++1 for the Gold and the dungeon items
this is a GREAT idea

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:27:35 am »

+1 for ivory rap .
gold got less value in vg.
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 11:01:00 am »

Yes sorry I been slacking in that department as I had allot to do lately. The basic idea of the contest is to bring back an old aspect of vanilla wow to VG community that was lost due to abnormally high experience gain on this server. Now, I never really expected GMs to help us on this but if they did do it we would have an epic event.

Lets say that we do get the GM approval, we would be able to host these events every now and then, as once a twink is created it can be reused. If the GMs do not decide to help us out I will still, at one point, start the event with a 10 000 gold first prize.

It was my choice or chance or curse
To adopt the cause for better or worse
And with my worldly goods & wit
And soul & body worship it.
I am son of the sun
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 11:06:39 am »

pffff raptor, nowai. xD

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:37:02 pm »

pffff raptor, nowai. xD
i heard u ninja looted a zg raptor!
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:15:07 pm »

The rewards were of course just guidelines, I think it is important to offer a reward suitable to everyone.

So very new players might want gold.

Reasonably new players might want 5 man gear.

Old players who are near enough gear capped tend to want vanity stuff.

As Booraz said, Twinks are a big part of classic wow which there is little to no scope for here.

The event also allows everyone to take part rather than the same handful of people always winning pvp events.

Finally I think it offers players who never played classic a chance to experience lower level dungeons they might otherwise miss out on due to the leveling rates.

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 04:33:10 am »

+1 as i said ofc
But if No Gm's are available to make this happen as booraz said with him putting up 10k gold I'd be happy to put forward crafted items for the winner
i.e he can choose any TWO craftable epics (any profession)and I'll craft them for him with my my mats
(this EXCLUDES the sulfuron hammer ofc but Includes ALL OTHER epics available to craft)
OR
the winner can choose ONE EPIC and one SET of NR armour which I'll craft for him
 P.S Yup eka ninjad the fucking raptor like the bitch she is Tongue but then again that happens on every ZG

The Paladin
Drakonslayer
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 04:44:18 am »

GMs can't edit the scale of people.
GMs can't freeze your XP.
GMs can't add items.
GMs can't add gold.

The idea is great but thanks to abusive GMs in the past I can't host such events. Maybe sins will.

Hate for a class is the result of ignorance in your own class.
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 05:27:55 am »

Chitchat can u craft sulfurion hammer?if yes i can pay u 15k gold for crafting it for me!
Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 07:34:39 am »

Why add epics as prize? It is not very Blizzlike, and the whole event only benefits those doing PvP.

I miss some more information about the event itself. It is for "twinks", which in my world means über-geared low level characters. How low level characters are we talking about? Lvl 19? Level 40?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:38:16 am »

Hey,what lvl twinks i need for this event?Imo the reward are not capable of obtaining..but the fun is too much!

In war,victory.In peace,vigilance.In death,sacrifice.
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:21 am »

why is hashwarr posting???

Vulgar Display of Power
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:28 am »

why is hashwarr posting???
lol y shouldn't i?
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 09:57:08 am »

Chitchat can u craft sulfurion hammer?if yes i can pay u 15k gold for crafting it for me!

I can craft it for you if you want.

But back on topic, I been thinking about this and it just wont work, before we even consider a twink war we have to make Zeard and Sins fix the doge, parry and crit rate for low lvls.

It was my choice or chance or curse
To adopt the cause for better or worse
And with my worldly goods & wit
And soul & body worship it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: