December 17, 2018, 06:33:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144721 Posts in 17469 Topics- by 30235 Members - Latest Member: Oberito
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Vg is searching for C++ Programmers.  (Read 16423 times)
Administrator
The only source of knowledge is experience.
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 26, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »

Vanillagaming is now searching for C++ developers to join our development team.

Requirements:

- Minimum 18 years old.
- 1-2 years experiance of objective C++/C
- Logical thinker.
- And a sence of humor (I dont like to serious people)
- Something to show me (Any project you have made)

What do you get from this?

- Education.
- And you will get paid if you work good.
- And get loved by the players.

So if you think you are good enough for this send me a PM or reply in this topic
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:18:00 am by Zeard - The Boss » Logged

Deputy Administrator
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:12:12 am »

bump

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=VG&player=Sin

GM / Staff complaints are sent to me Erga or Zeard via pm, not posted on forums, there they will be deleted on sight.
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:15:05 am »

They're supposed to apply in the GM application section?

Fix WSG flag bug
Administrator
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:15:27 am »

We are still looking for Developers to join our project, if you think you got what it takes reply here!

Pro.
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:26 am »

Back in high school and college I toyed around with C++ and several other languages mainly for self interest but also for several classes before I switched my planned major.. I don't have anything to show of past exp. and it's been a few years since doing it, but I do believe I can find free time to code again. What information would you need?

I'm 25 years old, married, I am currently a kitchen designer (top sales in the region! $70,000 last week!), AutoCAD architect, and all around good apple.

Thanks!

You should love me.
Love the Gnomes
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 07:13:42 am »

Reading up on this when I have time. 

http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 11:53:58 pm »

hmmm....its been 10 years since i was in college for this stuff so im sure everything has completely changed (like when c++ came out when i was learning C/pascal/basic/ass).
my main skills were cracking (teehee) under softice environs.

i am interested despite being a full time chef.  but id have to see what mess you need help with lol.  its gotta be pretty important if your team cant handle it right now.  the only projects ive made are on floppy when they still had those types of drives....and hard copies of my work from my courses. 

Computer Science III = 1337 h4x0r!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 03:04:21 am »

Bump

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 10:21:54 pm »

I am a developer and I am somewhat interested. Altough I never did game programming especially not WoW. Is that a requirement or do you teach what is important to know? I never programmed in C++ too, but I know how to program in C, C# and Java. I also know how to handle databases like SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL. I program for living since 4 years. I use C#, SQL Server and XML at work mostly, and also know web related stuff like ASP.NET, JavaScript, HTML, CSS and so on.
Thing is I never programmed in C++ before. But you said education is what I could get out of this. Programming is nothing new to me and I am always eager to learn something new. I could learn C++ if you would show me how to apply those tools to WoW later on.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:03:17 am by urbaindepuce » Logged
"We follow waves of sound from life to life"
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 09:42:38 am »

I am a developer and I am somewhat interested. Altough I never did game programming especially not WoW. Is that a requirement or do you teach what is important to know? I never programmed in C++ too, but I know how to program in C, C# and Java. I also know how to handle databases like SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL. I program for living since 4 years. I use C#, SQL Server and XML at work mostly, and also know web related stuff like ASP.NET, JavaScript, HTML, CSS and so on.
Thing is I never programmed in C++ before. But you said education is what I could get out of this. Programming is nothing new to me and I am always eager to learn something new. I could learn C++ if you would show me how to apply those tools to WoW later on.
Make an application mate,it might help you a bit more .

Tнe Bιrd oғ Herмeѕ ιѕ мy ɴαмe,eαтιɴɢ мy wιɴɢѕ тo мαĸe мe тαмe.
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »

Make an application mate,it might help you a bit more .

Will do as soon I am familiar with C++ programming. I wanted to learn it anyway for quite some time now.
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 10:18:27 pm »

I am almost 18 years old (on June) . I have got no experience in C++ , but I have already done a course and got a diploma regarding that during the January month . This is a C++ exercise we had on the last exam :
#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    int x,y;
    cout<<"Vendosini koordinatat e pikes ";
    cin>>x>>y;
    if(x>0 && y>0)
    cout<<"Pika ndodhet ne K.1";
    else if (x<0 && y<0)
    cout<<"Pika ndodhet ne K.2";
    else if (x<0 && y>0)
    cout<<"Pika ndodhet ne k.4";
    else if(x<0 && y<0)
    cout<<"Pika ndodhet ne K.3";
    else
    cout<<"Pika ndodhet ne origjine ";

system("PAUSE");
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
 Unfortunately it is in albanian .. if you don't understand it I can translate anytime ! It is about the coordinates .
Also I made this :
#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
   int g,aC=0, bC=0, cC=0;
   cout<<"Vendos noten :"<<endl;
   cout<<"Vendos EOF per te perfunduar inputin "<<endl;
   while((g=cin.get())!=EOF)
   {
                            switch(g)
                            {
                            case 'A':;
                            case 'a':;
                            ++aC;
                            break;
                            case  'B':;
                            case 'b':;
                            ++bC;
                            break;
                            case 'C':;
                            case 'c':;
                            ++cC;
                            break;
                            case '\n':;
                            case ' ':;
                            break;
                            default:; //30
                            cout<<"Note jo e vlefshme :"; //31
                            cout<<"Vendos nje note tjeter :"<<endl; //32
                            break;
                            }
                            }
                            cout<<"\n Totali per cdo note eshte :";
                            cout<<"\n A :"<<aC;
                            cout<<"\n B :"<<bC;
                            cout<<"\n C :"<<cC;
                            cout<<endl;

system("PAUSE");
    return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:41:03 pm by Denral » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 03:33:43 am »

I saw Your Post and I decided to give a shot at your application.

Here is a brief overview of the Requirements you posted :
Requirements:
- Minimum 18 years old. --> Done, 21 years old
- 1-2 years experience of objective C++/C --> Done.
- Logical thinker. -> I am good at finding Solutions
- And a sense of humor (I don't like to serious people) --> Good, we share something in common
- Something to show me (Any project you have made) --> Look below for some codes I posted

- Education. ->Exactly, This is what I want :-)
- And you will get paid if you work good. -> Well good to know, but money isn't my main Priority. I want to learn and Enrich my c++ knowledge
- And get loved by the players. -> Shouldn't be a problem.

Overview of myself :
I am not a native English person, but I learned it. I live in Canada and my native language is French. I am currently at school and I am studying for becoming a programmer. I am at the end of my second years of study. I have 3 years left since I plan to go to University. I started to program at the age of 15. In school, I didn’t learn c++. We focus mainly on C#(DOT.NET), since it’s one of the most common used language by company developing program here and it is way easier to learn it than most language. Why did I learn c++ and why Do I use c++ instead of C# for my personal stuff? I like to control memory and play with pointers. Also, I really like the syntax of c++ and I really want to learn it. It is a really powerful language, but it requires a lot of time and dedication to really understand it and know what you are doing. Perhaps, the more I learn how to use it and stuff I can do with it, the more I want to use it. Also, I remember from one book I read where the author quoted a study that said only 20% of programmers using c++ was understanding what they were writing. So, I decided to take the challenge and join the group of people who understand it. I started with some random books and tutorials on Internet and I finished with the book primer edition. Now, I am currently learning by myself Qt(I don’t like visual studio for Gui programming). On the side, I wanted to start learning the boost library, but my opinion is mix on it. From what I have read, I really think it is overrated, so instead I bough the newest Stl Standard Library for c++11 to keep learning new stuffs. Now, I recently came back to Wow for my spare time where I want to rest my brain and I though a good way to further increase my Knowledge about c++ and start to use it in Real World things would be to join a developing group. So, Here I am :-) Also, I have some basic knowledge concerning Oracle and MySql since I am currently Learning it at school. I could go on for much longer, but I will stop here for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small Program I made recently for keeping Tracks of where I was in all theses books I am using Right now :S Basically, I store the name of the book + the page in a file with a specific size, so I can easily navigate in the file and find the information needed.
http://pastie.org/9071443#24

Something I am pround : I had a exercice in one of my book where I had to make a template of a queue. This was a really challenging one, but I managed to do it.
 //Queue Template
//Queue Header
http://pastie.org/private/4bucemmblcatla0s9uyla
//Worker Header
http://pastie.org/private/mwuzkipyvkgiml9rujcsnq
//Methods associated to the worker header
http://pastie.org/private/l7fkjjajl14nuzqeiiwza
//Main
http://pastie.org/private/mxxs7r07dqny1pduvoldeg

Here is a project I made in c# where I work, because they were using a really bad designed program and they replaced it with mine :-) Btw, the gui will be in French
Using a index file to know where are the information located in another file to go read them.
//Image of the Gui
http://imgbox.com/blltMLEl
//Code of the main Form
http://pastie.org/private/y7vlytzfugca7fh0uutew
Administrator
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 08:21:33 pm »

I saw Your Post and I decided to give a shot at your application.

Here is a brief overview of the Requirements you posted :
Requirements:
- Minimum 18 years old. --> Done, 21 years old
- 1-2 years experience of objective C++/C --> Done.
- Logical thinker. -> I am good at finding Solutions
- And a sense of humor (I don't like to serious people) --> Good, we share something in common
- Something to show me (Any project you have made) --> Look below for some codes I posted

- Education. ->Exactly, This is what I want :-)
- And you will get paid if you work good. -> Well good to know, but money isn't my main Priority. I want to learn and Enrich my c++ knowledge
- And get loved by the players. -> Shouldn't be a problem.

Overview of myself :
I am not a native English person, but I learned it. I live in Canada and my native language is French. I am currently at school and I am studying for becoming a programmer. I am at the end of my second years of study. I have 3 years left since I plan to go to University. I started to program at the age of 15. In school, I didn’t learn c++. We focus mainly on C#(DOT.NET), since it’s one of the most common used language by company developing program here and it is way easier to learn it than most language. Why did I learn c++ and why Do I use c++ instead of C# for my personal stuff? I like to control memory and play with pointers. Also, I really like the syntax of c++ and I really want to learn it. It is a really powerful language, but it requires a lot of time and dedication to really understand it and know what you are doing. Perhaps, the more I learn how to use it and stuff I can do with it, the more I want to use it. Also, I remember from one book I read where the author quoted a study that said only 20% of programmers using c++ was understanding what they were writing. So, I decided to take the challenge and join the group of people who understand it. I started with some random books and tutorials on Internet and I finished with the book primer edition. Now, I am currently learning by myself Qt(I don’t like visual studio for Gui programming). On the side, I wanted to start learning the boost library, but my opinion is mix on it. From what I have read, I really think it is overrated, so instead I bough the newest Stl Standard Library for c++11 to keep learning new stuffs. Now, I recently came back to Wow for my spare time where I want to rest my brain and I though a good way to further increase my Knowledge about c++ and start to use it in Real World things would be to join a developing group. So, Here I am :-) Also, I have some basic knowledge concerning Oracle and MySql since I am currently Learning it at school. I could go on for much longer, but I will stop here for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small Program I made recently for keeping Tracks of where I was in all theses books I am using Right now :S Basically, I store the name of the book + the page in a file with a specific size, so I can easily navigate in the file and find the information needed.
http://pastie.org/9071443#24

Something I am pround : I had a exercice in one of my book where I had to make a template of a queue. This was a really challenging one, but I managed to do it.
 //Queue Template
//Queue Header
http://pastie.org/private/4bucemmblcatla0s9uyla
//Worker Header
http://pastie.org/private/mwuzkipyvkgiml9rujcsnq
//Methods associated to the worker header
http://pastie.org/private/l7fkjjajl14nuzqeiiwza
//Main
http://pastie.org/private/mxxs7r07dqny1pduvoldeg

Here is a project I made in c# where I work, because they were using a really bad designed program and they replaced it with mine :-) Btw, the gui will be in French
Using a index file to know where are the information located in another file to go read them.
//Image of the Gui
http://imgbox.com/blltMLEl
//Code of the main Form
http://pastie.org/private/y7vlytzfugca7fh0uutew

You got PM.

"We follow waves of sound from life to life"
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 09:02:06 pm »

WOOOOT?If u got a P.m from Z u must be godlike.
Actually u must be Erga twin brother.

Tнe Bιrd oғ Herмeѕ ιѕ мy ɴαмe,eαтιɴɢ мy wιɴɢѕ тo мαĸe мe тαмe.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: