May 26, 2017, 04:57:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
136028 Posts in 16439 Topics- by 27391 Members - Latest Member: shirmic
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: For those who are interested in GDKP  (Read 1450 times)
The Queen of <Unique>
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 04:55:56 pm »

How do you ensure an fair share ? As in some transparency ?
Gold is transparent as each player know how much is in the "pot" out of already sold items. However, I don't like that part:
ZG :Bijous / coins will be auctioned at the end
There are hundreds of coins and bijous dropping in one run. If one character gather them all and auctions them at the end, he may easily keep e.g. 10 bijous and 20 coins for himself as you won't know how many exactly dropped.
It might be better to keep bijous and coins on usual group loot.

Crafting center
Collection of hunters bug reports
"I still see entire server as one community" - Mimma 2015
Pewpewpewpewpewpew
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 08:35:13 pm »

Gold is transparent as each player know how much is in the "pot" out of already sold items. However, I don't like that part:
There are hundreds of coins and bijous dropping in one run. If one character gather them all and auctions them at the end, he may easily keep e.g. 10 bijous and 20 coins for himself as you won't know how many exactly dropped.

I have an addon to count how many bijous / coins are looted. As I said I hosted a lot of GDKP's already soooo I know on what points I have to take care Wink
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 11:42:42 pm »

I'm sure there's lots of people who would wanna be the carry, me included, but who's gonna actually pay for loot?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:44:41 pm by Strawie » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 12:33:32 am »

I'm sure there's lots of people who would wanna be the carry, me included, but who's gonna actually pay for loot?
bingo

The Queen of <Unique>
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 01:16:09 am »

I have an addon to count how many bijous / coins are looted. As I said I hosted a lot of GDKP's already soooo I know on what points I have to take care Wink
Well... You have that addon. Still no transparency in that matter ^^

Players with gold wanting some specific items (or mounts) are still around. I just wonder if they want to spend gold for something, which they can get for free as for years people on VG were hosting pugs with a few reserved items (for them or guild ppl on roll). In that way, they could always get these items for free + sell bijous and coins to others, when it comes to ZG, to make some easy gold.
However, I recall a guy who was offering 5k gold for each T2 item and the second one offering flasks (Cheesy) for T3 items. Both offers were refused by Alliance guilds as no one wanted to sell items on guild runs.

Crafting center
Collection of hunters bug reports
"I still see entire server as one community" - Mimma 2015
HENLO mens
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 04:25:52 pm »

soz but for filthy normies like me who do actual irl gold making and don't spend countless hours like these nerds do farming ingame gold i'm already at a disadvantage so that's a big -1 from me BUBUSHKA

Sweep sweepity sweeps
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 02:02:39 am »

I too have experience managing GDKP runs (in retail). I was thinking on doing my own runs here, though I don't have the time for it right now, but I think I should offer a few pointers.

1) You need to explain a lot more. GDKP is based on trust (and popularity to a extent), but its the server's particular experience with the system is what matter most. Given that VG doesn't have much, you should offer an explanation of the general system and the particular rules of your run. A couple paragraphs doesn't cut it. The summary of rules that you should have for spamming at the start of the raid would be great too.

If you think you're getting "wall of text" lengths, keep the important bits here and put the long minutiae on a Gdocs where people can go look if so they need.

2) Prices should be more flexible. Reaching high bids is great, but you want the pieces to be accesible to everyone in case rich people don't need them. Around 100 is a good starting point for most gear, but if you want to rise the prices depending on quality, it shouldn't be too high.

3) Bijous, cores and all that are tricky business, and I'd advise letting people getting them on their own. There's dozens of bijous per run, and people need them to rise the reputation, which is already a lenghty and tedius chore. Cores might be worth giving them in packages at the end of the raid, but in this server it might be more trouble than its worth. It merits some study anyway. Forget about blue gear, with the drop rates in this server they're none too rare; a package of enchanting mats from broken gear should be nice though.

What's that addon you have for GDKP? I'm interested on it. I know there was one that might have been used during vanilla or TBC years but all links I found are dead or before Curse was remodeled.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:05:28 pm by Connelly » Logged

Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "F*** you."
Anonymous GDI Mammoth Tank Crewman, Tiberium Wars
Pewpewpewpewpewpew
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 11:30:18 pm »

If you announche this a few weeks before the run is happening, casuals can farm golderinos and attend to these rund. Ultimate way to finally get some real gears for a casual player Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: