May 24, 2017, 01:41:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
136133 Posts in 16439 Topics- by 27385 Members - Latest Member: Doifro
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016-11-12(2)  (Read 4046 times)
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2016, 11:34:22 pm »

KT with blizzlike HP will not give the players a blizzlike feeling, I hope everyone can understand that. It's like doing an Ironman but having 1 week of rest in between each event.
Some want the blizzlike HP, some want the blizzlike challenge.

tbh i just wanna know why only kt and sapph should have higher hp. By gnoem (and everyone who agrees with him)'s serb logic, shouldn't all naxx bosses have higher hp? and why not make it so all bosses have higher xp while ur at it? after all, the server is so old, no one could possibly struggle through a 5 man rite?

Spot on, makes soo much sense Roll Eyes

tbh the reason GG and EQ cleared 4HM so quickly was because we spent a week or two testing dk wing before release and even with the absolute bis gear GMs gave us to test out the wing (even including sapph/kt loot and a couple atieshes) we still wiped a lot of times before we managed to learn the encounters.
Vanilla is not hard
Yet you haven't encountered a single boss as it was meant to be.

but anyone who doesnt suck at the game, and has 30-39 friends who also don't suck can power through any content. That's why GG got server first Plague Wing kills when half our raid was in blues, even though Unique, DP, EQ, and Paradox had all been in Naxx for a while before our guild even formed, and outgeared us by alot.
GG had more gear than world first guild and you still had the 40 debuff slot. But true some other guilds on VG had more/equal gear. 50% in blue is just BS tho.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:44:13 am by wopwop » Logged

Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 01:26:17 am »

Gfk, the first part of your post is true and make sense. That's also part of why I hope we (the community, or a part of it) wont be able to test the wing, so there is more to discover and more challenge.

I'm not that sold on "everyone back then sucked" as I do think that there was competent people in the top guilds and that gear made a huge part of progression and gearing up was slow as fuck. So here, us being able to farm content for aeons makes the "new" encounters easier, on top of the fact that the strategy are well well known.
Then we get back on "what do you think is blizzlike" (cf. Poodle's post).

Regarding the second part, I didn't say my feelings were relevant either. I just expressed them. I actually quite enjoy the discussion on how everyone think what is blizzlike (if you sort out the trashtalk) ; ultimately I don't think any of this will impact the devs. There is no need to make me appear egocentrical, that was not my intention ; I apologize if you felt that way.

PS : Jani check your PM.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:28:03 am by Ayag » Logged

Join the Chaos journey !
View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2016, 04:10:26 am »

I want to get involved in this thread but there are just way too many words flying around. Let's try making our points in 50 words or less. Alternatively, memes can make points in few if any words.

of text

Tester
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2016, 09:13:10 am »

hey man i did stuff in retail vanilla cuz my bf was in a good guild and i got to get carried thru alott of studfff, but i didbnnt get too do dk winnng or frossst wyrn mm lair cuz zzz they needed for srs raiders fooor that stuff
Kiss

Anyways, some want blizzlike stats and some want blizzlike challange. You can't get both due to the unblizzlike release of naxx etc and it's pretty clear we PVE for different reasons. Guess it's up to zeard to decide what's best for the sever both now and in the future.

I really hope the last content won't be released until properly tested to ensure the true blizzlike experience which vanillagaming is aiming for.

With that I'm talking about all boss/mob abilities/stats working as intended as mob ai, spells and environment.
Well we are kinda screwd on that, Sapphiron's blizzard (as many other spells in the game) should be a binary spell. On VG there's no such thing as binary/non binary and I doubt anyone(me included) want to spend hrs making a legit report, since it would be move to the "bug tracker". And we all know that nothing comes back once it entered the land of bug tracker. 
However fixing this would make Sapphiron easier since people would be able to resist the slow effect the blizzard does so I'm fine with that  Grin Would be an awesome fix for pvp though.

Ps, if there is someone out there with access to the bug tracker please bump the ignite(!), the poison/enchant proc, swapping MH/OH without getting a swing-reset on both weps

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2016, 09:26:35 am »

ok so ima rekt jani and that ayag guy with my repliiiies soon but i just wanna caps lock a valid point for a bit first:

IF YOU FEEL LIKEEEK U R 2 GEARED TO STRUGGGLE ON FROSTWYRM LAIR THEN USE WORSE GEAR AND MAYBE ASK UR GUILD MATES TO USE WORSE GEAR SO THAT U CAN STRUGGGLE MORE ON FROSTWYM LAIR (ASSUMING THEY DIOONT GKICK U FOR BEING AAAAN IDIOT AND A FGT) U GOT LIEK 2 MONTHS UUNTIL FRPOOST WYRMM LAIR IS RELEASED, GO FARM SOME T1/T2 AND ASK UR GUILDIES TO DO THE SAME SO U CAN HAVE A SUPER BLIZZLIKE FROSTWYRM LAIR EXP. DONT TRY TO FORCE UR GAY AS FUCK EXPECTATIONS ON OTHER PLAYERS JUST CUZ UR GAY AND FROM SERBIA IMO.

for reals tho, y dont u dumb serb fgts jus ttt use worse gear if u wanna strugggle more than u alreay will, and let people who have spent years farming their gear use their gear on a blizzlike hp frost wyrm lair instead ooof trying to force an unblizzlike boss encounter on the entire server just cuz u personally feel like a regular fite wont be enough of a challenge for u?

increasing the hp of those bosses isnt even a fair way to balance the fight. they r already super long fights so mana wil be an issue for me/healers and i dont appreciate all u dumb fgt inaactive jerks trying to influence devs into making the fight more mana intensive by increasing the hp, (which by th ee way would just be another thing in the long list of terrible ideas that devs have im[plemented that totally fucked over casters and left melees almost unchanged.

if any of u dumb serb fgts wanna give sapph and kt llllike 40000000 milion armor and dodge chance i would b supportive tho

Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2016, 01:16:48 pm »

if u keep it the way blizzard released shit its no way near blizzlike comparing to their item level back then.
double the HP and we g00chie.

Forty keks.  I don't think i could've summed up VG and its thought process in a better sentence.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: