February 20, 2017, 01:17:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
134166 Posts in 16157 Topics- by 27001 Members - Latest Member: DaveBenton
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ayag's tester application  (Read 965 times)
Tester
View Profile Email
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?

Ayag

Q2. What is your real name?

Quentin

Q3. Where in the world are you located?

France

Q4. How old are you?

Q5. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?

I have played retail from Classic to 6 months after TBC release. That would be around 1 year and a half. I was in a guild that cleared 10-12 bosses in Naxx and up to some bosses in SSC on TBC.

Q6. Tell us a little about yourself.

I graduated Civil Engineering, I've been playing games for quite some time, except when I was graduating cause drinking was taking lots of time. I was a fan of Final Fantasy when I was younger, played Warcraft 3, played League of Legends for quite some time too before I spent a year in Australia. When I came back, I started on VG and been playing here since. I've always been quite nerdy about any game I played, wanting to know the inside & out of the game. I'm pretty much a mono-game player, I only play one game at a time.
Regarding my character, I would describe myself as a witty, honest, easy going and social person.

Q7. Explain why you think you would be a good Tester.

As I hinted, I'm quite nerdy about any game I play, spending time researching and reading about that game. The mechanics, how to optimize stuff, why is something that way and not another, and so on. From my studies, I've learn how to conduct proper research and proper experiences to identify how things works and what parameters affect the outcome of a result. I don't take something I read for the truth, I double/triple check the sources to make sure it's credible and trustable and, if possible, I verify them myself.

Q8. What interests you most about becoming a Tester ?

What interest me the most is the ability to reproduce situations, in a controlled environment, which is not always possible on the live server. I'm mostly interested about PvE related testing, and you usually only get one chance per week to test it. On top of that, since I'm usually raid leading, that doesn't give me the opportunity to properly test things the way I would like to.

Q9. Do you know WHAT a Tester does? Please explain.

A tester, in the best of his ability and the tools he's provided with, makes sure that he understands how works whatever he's testing. That means he did the research to understand the mechanics of how it should work, and if it's not working, he can explain why it's not working and how it should be working, with unbiased proofs/reports/sources.

Q10. What do you think is the most important thing a Tester can do?

The most important thing a tester can do is be unbiased, as in not skewing reports because you want something to be this way. The server strikes to be Blizzlike, and testers should respect that, even if they don't like some aspects of it for whatever reason.

Q11. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?

I would suggest the staff to be a bit more communicative with its community. We have a dedicated, active and long-time community that plays on the server actively and for a long time, and that would be a shame to lose them due to lack of communication. It doesn't have to be daily reports about what you're doing, just a few more announcements.
Also, possibly increase the amounts of little events that occur, they are usually quite fun and help to bond with players you may not otherwise interact with.

Q12. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?

From lurking in VG forums, I've started to post a bit. I made a few bug reports, the last one being about the timers on 4HM that seems to be coming in action soon. In game, I'm an active member of Chaos and I spend/spent some time helping new players.
I've made a few bug reports before : Four Horsemen timers, Petrified Scarab.

Q13. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?

cf. Q6, Q7, Q9 and Q10.

Q14. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?

No, I have only had positive interactions with VG GMs.

Q15. What can you do to help the server grow?

I will try to make reports to strenghten the image of Vanilla Gaming, mostly PvE wise.
I also understand that PvP keeps a server alive and is attractive to newer players, so I spend my sundays afternoons PvPing on the ZG island or in Stormwind mage tower (wink wink).

Q16. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?

Nothing comes in mind right now.
The Queen of <Unique>
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:02:36 pm »

Aiming for greater good may also describe Ayag. I firmly believe, he is going to be a positive addition for tester team.

In short: +1

Crafting center
Collection of hunters bug reports
"I still see entire server as one community" - Mimma 2015
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »

+1
The Sun
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 05:08:14 pm »

+1 for Ayag. Good guy and easy going

Tester
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 05:26:51 pm »

+1
Tester
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »

So much Alliance support ! Thanks guys <3
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 06:13:56 pm »

the scientific approach to testing is really nice. Everything should be understandable and transparent.
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 06:53:37 pm »

+1 You will become tester, PM me Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: