December 19, 2018, 11:39:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
144727 Posts in 17469 Topics- by 30238 Members - Latest Member: toymouse20
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Development announcement / Frostwyrm lair eta  (Read 16648 times)
Deputy Administrator
View Profile
« on: November 08, 2016, 11:35:23 am »

Hello players of VanillaGaming

We proudly announce that our work on the frostwyrm lair is ongoing. Frostwyrm Lair is scheduled to be released at the end of the year.

At the same time, as we improve our core/database on our own in terms of continuous general bug fixing and bringing one of the most authentic Naxxramas scripting efforts on the private server scene to a closure, we will have an eye on other possible releases by third party private server projects and will import beneficial fixes from the code of such releases as is expected. Also couple of potential dev candinates are being reviewed at the moment.

Greetings, vG staff.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcxoNuMxzZA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcxoNuMxzZA</a>
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:13:03 pm by Ergamemnon » Logged

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=VG&player=Sin

GM / Staff complaints are sent to me Erga or Zeard via pm, not posted on forums, there they will be deleted on sight.
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 12:13:23 pm »

The end of 2016? For real? That's pretty awesome imo.

Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:20:23 pm »

This sounds pretty awesome while still being a bit vague .. Shocked

Anyway, always glad to hear from the staff since it's so rare. Why don't you guys are a bit more communicative ? Any incoming fixes that will come very soon ? Fixing 4HM timers ? Just anything as long as you talk to us really.

It comes one day after the Nost/Elysium announce, coincidence ?

Cheers

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 01:42:06 pm »

Certainly not a coincidence Tongue staff communication is the main issue of this server's decaying population...

Likalottapus <De Profundis>
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »

Certainly not a coincidence Tongue staff communication is the main issue of this server's decaying population...

there you go again on the same train.

it has nothing to do with communication.
they communicate when they have something valuable to say, not when people want them to.

the population on every private server decays as new servers pop up, as people reach to their "natural progression" in the game (more would mean a complete dedication from their part and they are not doing it), because new games are launched, etc.

blaming it in communication is just lame.
what do you guys expect?
daily reports from the devs?
for real?

they have to stop coding and playing for those, and as coder, I value my free-fun time. Tongue

if you "crying" in the forums of a game, that game is not for you or you would be there...in the game...playing it instead.
Goldshire Cheese and Fetish Club
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:06:50 pm »

we will have an eye on other possible releases by third party private server projects and will import beneficial fixes from the code of such releases as is expected.

Much love for FWL!

But didn't you guys employ a dev from Nost to then remove him a few days later? What are these 3rd party projects you are hoping to steal code from?

Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 03:44:08 pm »

Ahetal, I don't expect daily reports, I just expect more communication. As in, just a bit more than 0. The only "blue" posts lately are from Sins, disregarding the boar poem contest it's quest fixing.

Most of the staff don't even reply on the bug reports we take the time to do, we just feel ignored.
As as I said, just a bit more communication. What's coming up, what are they on, stuff like this. Instead of nothing.

------

I don't quite understand the quoted Sin's sentence that Cohle posted... does it just mean stealing their code or am I missing something ?

Join the Chaos journey !

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 04:20:19 pm »

as a dev IRL, I also don't reply to bug reports.
I fix them, no need to reply.
the guy who reports them only knows when it was fixed when he sees it live.
to me this is common behavior.

it seems you are expecting devs to behave like marketing or a PR guy.
it can happen, but usually is like a fish out of the water. Smiley

if you "crying" in the forums of a game, that game is not for you or you would be there...in the game...playing it instead.
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 04:40:04 pm »

great, release endgame content, lose those 250 active players you have atm in a month after release (clear).
Tester
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 04:41:00 pm »

Well, the thing is, they kinda have all the jobs. Marketing, PR, dev, etc. So maybe I'm delusional and my expectations are too high, but when we have zero communication I kinda feel nothing is happening, and it's not reassuring for people that care about & like this server.

Join the Chaos journey !

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 05:09:16 pm »

great, release endgame content, lose those 250 active players you have atm in a month after release (clear).
More content is obviously a reason for people to leave, makes sense.
Not.
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 05:13:34 pm »

You are complaining about lack of communication right after an information post from the staff, in the very same thread. The progress may be slow, but there are plenty of logical reasons for that (volunteer work, limited workforce etc.)
The Sun
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 06:23:02 pm »

uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 09:01:36 pm »

I didn't know Goldshire Golfclub had 250 active members. Or do you think other guilds will be able to clear Frostwyrm when it's released?

Ok just wipe it
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 09:16:59 pm »

Release me the same day as KT for msximum content update

Hamburger
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: