January 18, 2022, 02:56:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148909 Posts in 18119 Topics- by 34304 Members - Latest Member: OliverRand
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ohkillem's Tester App  (Read 9948 times)
View Profile
« on: April 06, 2016, 07:07:12 pm »

Q1. What is your main character's in-game name?

Ohkillem

Q2. What is your real name?

David

Q3. Where in the world are you located?

Florida for the regular school year and Maryland for the summers.

Q4. How old are you?

Q5. Have you played Retail? If so, for how long?

Yes, I played since late TBC, but only really started playing during WOLTK. I'd put it at a little more than 8 years.

Q6. Tell us a little about yourself.

I'm a student studying Biomedical Engineering at a small engineering school on Florida. I tend to have a lot of free time during the week and mostly occupy this time playing games.

Q7. Explain why you think you would be a good Tester.

I would make a good tester because I not only notice a lot of bugs, but I question what must be causing these issues. I have a lot of time and motivation to fix bugs because I enjoy playing here and want to see things get better. I believe that with access to a testing environment, I would be able to more effectively show and rigorously test known and unknown bugs and glitches. I've done all 40 man content on alliance, and everything below and including Maexxna on horde. I've also done many lower level 5 man dungeons.

Q8. What interests you most about becoming a Tester ?

I want to see bugs fixed, because I lack the ability to program, and thus actually fix the bugs, the most good I can do is better observe and report the bugs I see. Some of the bugs I've seen are not easily repeatable in a real in game environment and so I would like the position to be able to expose these bugs in a manner a dev would find meaningful.

Q9. Do you know WHAT a Tester does? Please explain.

They test known bugs to better show the root causes, and they look for bugs in newly modified content.

Q10. What do you think is the most important thing a Tester can do?

The most important thing a tester can do is bridge the gap between a user reporting a bug, and a dev trying to fix a bug. They should go after bugs that affect majorities of the player base, or bugs that are highly disruptive to smaller player groups.

Q11. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?

My suggestion would be to first, release a public PTR server so that all players could demonstrate bugs that they have noticed which are otherwise very difficult to report in an official manner. The next suggestion I would have is to focus more attention on dysfunctional class mechanics/abilities which affect every class and thus every player.

Q12. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?

I have been playing here for a bit more than two years, and in that time I've tried to be as helpful as possible to new players as I can. I have tried to report several obvious bugs only to find that they have been reported in years past. I will also be making some videos shortly which will help to promote the server and its growth.

Q13. Professionalism, integrity, and honesty are required at all times. In what ways do these words describe you?

This would likely be my most limiting factor. I like to mess around and have fun in game, and many people view me as annoyance, however I can act professionally if I needed. Integrity is not something you can really independently say you possess. It instead comes from how you act when no one is watching. So for this I will say that I've never knowingly nor intentionally acted in a way that was grossly malicious to any person here. I like to have fun here, but I do not question whether that will impact my ability to perform a duty.

Q14. Have you ever been disciplined by a Gamemaster on VanillaGaming?

I have been talked to by a GM twice, but I am unsure as to whether either of these these were actual warnings. The first occasion was for causing the bankers in Org to stand on the roof, and the second was for posting repeated topics on the forums after they were deleted. I've never received any type of ban or suspension.

Q15. What can you do to help the server grow?

I can help the server grow by helping to get rid of the many bugs that ail it. These bugs keep new players from committing themselves here, and can cause committed players to seek less buggy servers.

Q16. Is there anything else that you would like the Staff to know?

I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't want to actually make a difference. I like the community that exists here, and it is that community that keeps me here. I want to see a sustainable population on VG, and I think I can really do some good.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:41:54 am »

+1
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 02:18:17 am »

+1 very professional app.

<Best in Slot>
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 03:50:45 am »

really?

lol

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 04:07:44 pm »

Bump

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 08:07:45 pm »

big +1 ! great app Killem

"In this world where time is your enemy, it is my greatest ally. This grand game of life that you think you play in fact plays you. To that I say... Let the games begin!" - Nefarian
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 06:49:11 am »

even tho my opinion is shit, +1

Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 05:04:01 am »

Do you play VG at school?
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 11:16:58 am »

Unfortunately yes
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 06:23:11 pm »

If you still have interest in being a tester, /w me.

Sins : Staff character
Sin : Player character

GM / Staff complaints are sent to me Erga or Zeard via pm, not posted on forums, there they will be deleted on sight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: