July 25, 2017, 12:52:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
136894 Posts in 16519 Topics- by 27491 Members - Latest Member: joeydz7
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiboxing  (Read 8034 times)
View Profile
« on: December 29, 2015, 09:23:30 pm »

Need just a clarification:
- I know you don't encourage it but:
 - do you allow key broadcast? (the only thing I need)

I know all the risks I'm taking if playing like this, but its the only thing that rocks my boat, and I am like a refugee looking for a new place I can call home right now. =)

Thanks in advance.

(feel free to delete this and message me the aswer so it won't encourage others into it also)

if you "crying" in the forums of a game, that game is not for you or you would be there...in the game...playing it instead.
Assistant Administrator
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 09:32:40 pm »

About Multiboxing

We do not encourage multi-boxing, however, it is allowed for PvE only. Multi-boxing is having more than one client open and running on the same computer, regardless of whether the player uses special software to control them. Because of the hazard caused by free account creation, multi-boxers are NOT allowed to multibox in PVP situations.  Multi-boxers must never attack ordinary players with multiple toons, even if attacked first. Fighting back with one character like in normal situation is allowed.  The risk of being killed is a risk voluntarily assumed by the multi-boxer.

First offense : 5 days ban

Second offense : Permanent ban
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 09:40:38 pm »

I'll take that as a yes. (and yes, I only do pve, hate pvp)

if you "crying" in the forums of a game, that game is not for you or you would be there...in the game...playing it instead.
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 10:04:25 pm »

Something you should keep in mind while multiboxing out in the world is that active pvp players know you are not allowed to attack them and will not hesitate to kill your entire group of toons, while being ready to take a ss of you if you dare attack back.

Resist the desire for revenge, and be ready to afk as ghosts for a bit if someone decides to camp you, and you should be fine. (That last part is good advice to anyone who doesn't like pvp Tongue )

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 10:22:12 pm »

oh, I am. not my first ride on that horse. =)

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 01:07:13 am »

You can still fight back with one character if someone jumps you. Just turn off the key broadcasting.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 03:45:37 am »

That's a pretty crappy rule that you can't fight back, and considering there are people who will deliberately provoke you makes it even worse.

In retail I remember many a time being steamrolled by 5 horde shammys.

You could do it in retail if you purchased all the accounts, apart from the free account creation what the difference of 5 shammy's controlled by 5 people or just by 1.

Rules should be you can't attack, but can defend yourself if attacked first (SS and combat logs will easily prove this)
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 02:16:39 pm »

That's a pretty crappy rule that you can't fight back, and considering there are people who will deliberately provoke you makes it even worse.

In retail I remember many a time being steamrolled by 5 horde shammys.

You could do it in retail if you purchased all the accounts, apart from the free account creation what the difference of 5 shammy's controlled by 5 people or just by 1.

Rules should be you can't attack, but can defend yourself if attacked first (SS and combat logs will easily prove this)

You are free to disable the key broadcast and kill the player with a single character. This isn't retail.
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 11:01:01 pm »

Honestly, I've found that most players just kill me and let my boxed toons cry over my death. I don't PvP so I just let them kill me anyway. Most VG players are nice no matter what they spout in world chat. Love you guys!
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 11:40:19 am »

Honestly, I've found that most players just kill me and let my boxed toons cry over my death. I don't PvP so I just let them kill me anyway. Most VG players are nice no matter what they spout in world chat. Love you guys!
I wish... that never happened to me. Smiley
Just got them all killed/farmed like a wolf in a chicken coop.

Anyhow, its a risk I take for playing like I love.
I started to developing tactics to avoid this like scouting the place I'm going with a invisible class first, and sending some locks first, summon the raid then form the party, etc...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 02:31:45 pm »

Something you should keep in mind while multiboxing out in the world is that active pvp players know you are not allowed to attack them and will not hesitate to kill your entire group of toons, while being ready to take a ss of you if you dare attack back.

Resist the desire for revenge, and be ready to afk as ghosts for a bit if someone decides to camp you, and you should be fine. (That last part is good advice to anyone who doesn't like pvp Tongue )

I find this highly amusing. Last time I got jumped by a multibox party, I was retaliated upon by multiple characters (he healed his other toons with a pally then proceeded to attack me with a mage). I screenshotted the ordeal, and got no help what so ever from the GMs. Since then, my posture on PvPing while multiboxing has changed...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 01:07:56 pm »

so, he healed his toons with 1 paladin then attacked you with 1 mage?
or he did both at the same time?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: