December 18, 2017, 08:57:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
139645 Posts in 16836 Topics- by 28301 Members - Latest Member: clickerheroes1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Update 2014-11-16  (Read 28017 times)
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2015, 09:57:44 pm »

Lazarvs posting  drunk again..resistances are high as they are atm due to bugged mechanics of binary and non binary spells and therefore exist even in bwl and mc..

Likalottapus <De Profundis>
Why do meteors always land in craters?
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2015, 04:40:03 am »

2 resistances in a row on Ebonroc with 16% hit and 70 spell pen...'nuff said.
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2015, 05:14:42 am »

rng?

Mage Class Leader of <Certus Excessum>
View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2015, 07:27:59 am »

Finally good post after LU. Well done Lazar! Being raiding hardcore in retail classic wow i can say that bosses did not have such high allres. Mages and locks in serious pve guilds never used spell penetration gear in raids becase main goal of spell penetration gear was pvp.
View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2015, 07:52:10 am »

2 resistances in a row on Ebonroc with 16% hit and 70 spell pen...'nuff said.
You still always have that 1% to miss so... Could be only bad luck.

Felicitas
Mage Class Leader of <Certus Excessum>
View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 08:20:47 am »

Floki, this is not connected with resistance to spell of a boss. This is really bad lack. Wear 10% hit gear and everything will be fine.
I am talking about situation when your fireball hits boss for 600dmg instead of 2k as it intended to hit. Atm the only one option to solve this problem for mage is to use 50spell penetration gear during boss fight
Science Officer
View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 09:08:39 am »

Its very simple really.  All bosses including MC and BWL should have 15 resistance to all, and this can't be removed by penetration gear.  But the only tool available (at the moment) to developers is to set some normal resistances that are vulnerable to penetration. 

So the developers had to decide between setting resistances to 0 or setting them to 15 or setting them to some other number.  0 is no good because it has no effect.  If they were set to 15, they would get reduced down to 0 since lots of people are walking around with 10-20 spell penetration anyhow, without even trying for it.  So the developers set it a bit higher (for the moment).

The negative effect this has on your dps is way less than the positive effect of the boss being able to have unlimited debuff slots (should be 16).  When this is all fixed properly, your raid's dps should be even lower.  Right now it's fair to say that all bosses are, on balance, slightly easier than retail.  So stop complaining.

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 04:23:44 pm »

i complain because i saw a huge difference in dps when they meddled with the resistances on bosses. And the difference is felt in MC and BWL, please tell me where players will get spell pen gear to get to MC and BWL before they reach AQ40.
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 05:08:16 pm »

i complain because i saw a huge difference in dps when they meddled with the resistances on bosses. And the difference is felt in MC and BWL, please tell me where players will get spell pen gear to get to MC and BWL before they reach AQ40.

Seriously can you stop crying? New guilds are progressing MC/Bwl and aq40 without problems due to dps and the reason is the 40 debuff limit we got atm.. if resistances would go back to 0 it would be even easier for them.. Ffs ppl that play here for years complain less then newcomers.. stop crying finally

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 05:42:20 pm »

I can tell you for a fact that warlocks do a good 20%+ more damage than intended because of the non-existant debufflimit. Compare this to the current resistances of bosses, 70 to all schools (except holy) after curse = with 0 spellpenetrationgear about 17.5% damagereduction. And people tend to walk around with at least 10-20 spellpenetration from gear/talents, so make that around 12.5-15% damagereduction.

Bosses are still too easy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:05:51 pm by oxen » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 06:22:06 pm »

I've been playing mage for a while now, and I can say, that the benefit we get from extra debuff slots, is far insignificant than the buffed resistances.
ATM. my frostballs do 350 dmg as an average (non-crit) when it used to do around 700. I can tell you, there are no debuffs you can put on that boss to come over the 2k DPS the raid loses hence the casters' spells are being reduced so much

Felicitas
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 06:56:37 pm »

I've been playing mage for a while now, and I can say, that the benefit we get from extra debuff slots, is far insignificant than the buffed resistances.
ATM. my frostballs do 350 dmg as an average (non-crit) when it used to do around 700. I can tell you, there are no debuffs you can put on that boss to come over the 2k DPS the raid loses hence the casters' spells are being reduced so much

One more smartass.. Ffs i lost 50 dps only on my mage so how can ur raid lose 2k??

You know I really have no idea what to write here
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 10:05:21 pm »

One more smartass.. Ffs i lost 50 dps only on my mage so how can ur raid lose 2k??
u arent playing ur mage u rat Cool

fuck u mean by signature my name is a signature to this community
View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2015, 06:54:07 am »

Seriously can you stop crying? New guilds are progressing MC/Bwl and aq40 without problems due to dps and the reason is the 40 debuff limit we got atm.. if resistances would go back to 0 it would be even easier for them.. Ffs ppl that play here for years complain less then newcomers.. stop crying finally

Can you start with the "personal" attitude already? I know hate is a hard feeling to fade away but im adressing a scripting issue here, so might aswell put your frustration issues aside.

ON TOPIC: im just saying that devs try to resolve one issue when adding other. I guess that you must have a hard time scripting everything perfectly, but the fact imo, is that from theese changes, some people get direct advantage over it that gearless people don't. It's a matter of balance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: