October 18, 2017, 11:52:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
138162 Posts in 16646 Topics- by 27760 Members - Latest Member: Dread100
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiboxing - A starter guide  (Read 36393 times)
View Profile Email
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:17:31 pm »

I made a small guide a while ago for my former guild mates, and now I thought I would share it with the community.

If you have any questions related to multiboxing feel free to drop a line here or text me in game.

Before you start multiboxing I strongly suggest that you read the rules about multiboxing on VanillaGaming here.

The things I'm gonna bring up are:
1: Software
2: Setting it up
3: Addons
4: Macros
5: Tips and tricks

1: Software
There are several multiboxing softwares out that you can use and I will only name a few.

Hotkeynet (Free) Hotkeynet
Pwnboxer (Cracked version available here)
IsBoxer (costs money)

I'm using Hotkeynet at the moment all though I started out with Pwnboxer which is very good aswell. But this guide will be focused on Hotkeynet.

2: Setting it up
To get hotkeynet to work you have to write your own script and add it to the program.
There is a guide on the website with some starter scripts here. I will clarify everything down below.

Open up notepad, copy this and paste it then save it as a normal text document and load it in hotkeynet.

Simplified 5man script for 1 monitor with 1920/1080 resolution
load this and while scrollock is on press ctrált+L to launch.
Code:
//=============================================================================
//
// LAUNCH AND RENAME THE WOW WINDOWS.
// THIS IS FROM THE HOTKEYNET FORUMS.
//
// LaunchAndRename1.................LaunchAndRename2
// %1% : PC to use......................%1% : PC to use
// %2% : path to WoW..................%2% : path to WoW
// %3% : name of the Window.........%3% : name of the Window
// %4% : e-mail..........................%4% : x-pos
// %5% : password......................%5% : y-pos
//.........................................%6% : width
//.........................................%7% : height
//.........................................%8% : e-mail
//.........................................%9% : password
<Command LaunchAndRename1>
<SendPC %1%>
<Run %2%>
<wait 1000>
<RenameTargetWin %3%>
<wait 500>
<text %4%>
<wait 200>
<key Tab>
<wait 200>
<text %5%>
<wait 200>
<Key Enter>

<Command LaunchAndRename2>
<SendPC %1%>
<Run %2%>
<wait 200>
<RenameTargetWin %3%>
<SetAffinity all>
<SetWinRect %4% %5% %6% %7%>
<wait 200>
<text %8%>
<wait 200>
<key Tab>
<wait 200>
<text %9%>
<wait 200>
<Key Enter>

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Ctrl-Alt-L launches 5 WoW windows. 1 main window + 4 alts
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl Alt L>
<LaunchAndRename2 local "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic\WoW.exe" Leader 0 0 1920 795  Account password>
<LaunchAndRename2 local "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic\WoW.exe" Char1 0 795 480 245 Account password>
<LaunchAndRename2 local "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic\WoW.exe" Char2 480 795 480 245 Account password>
<LaunchAndRename2 local "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic\WoW.exe" Char3 960 795 480 245 Account password>
<LaunchAndRename2 local "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic\WoW.exe" Char4 1440 795 480 245 Account password>

// DEFINE MAIL LABELS FOR SENDING KEY STROKES
<Label w0 local SendWinM Leader>
<Label w1 local SendWinM Char1>
<Label w2 local SendWinM Char2>
<Label w3 local SendWinM Char3>
<Label w4 local SendWinM Char4>

//-----------------------------------------------------------
// DEFINE HOTKEYS FOR ALL KEY COMBINATIONS THAT WILL GET
// SENT TO ALL WOWS. ADD MORE KEY COMBO'S IF YOU WANT.
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn 0-9, F, G, T>
<SendLabel w0, w1, w2, w3, w4>
<Key %Trigger%>

// DEFINE MOVEMENT KEYS THAT WILL GET SENT TO ALL WOW'S.
// ADD MORE KEYS IF YOU WANT.
<MovementHotkey ScrollLockOn up, down, left, right>
<Key %Trigger%>

// BROADCAST MOUSE CLICKS. HOLD DOWN OEM3 (ON U.S. KEYBOARDS,
// THAT'S THE SQUIGGLE KEY IN UPPPER LEFT CORNER, OEM5 ON EU KEYBOARDS) WHEN YOU
// WANT TO BROADCAST.
<UseKeyAsModifier Oem3>
<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Oem3 LButton, MButton, RButton, Button4, Button5>
      <ClickMouse %TriggerMainKey%>

If you got multiple monitors and want to have 4 WoW's on one screen and the main on another you can use these values:
-1920 0 960 540
-960 0 960 540
-1920 540 960 540
-960 540 960 540

What this script does is when scrolllock is on, all you have to do is press ctr+alt+L to lunch it. You can change that to any keycombination that you want.

The keys I got setup in this script to be sent to all WoW's are 0 to 9 and F G T. You can of course change this to any keys you want.

Don't forget to change the lines "Account" and "password" to your characters accounts and the path to WoW.exe.

Mouseclicking. When your scrolllock is on and you press the oem3 button, it will send all mouseclicks to all windows. (ON U.S. KEYBOARDS, THAT'S THE SQUIGGLE KEY IN UPPPER LEFT CORNER, OEM5 ON MOST EU KEYBOARDS)

If it doesn't work with Oem3 then try and replace it with Oem5.
<UseKeyAsModifier Oem3>

You can of course change this to any key you want.

If you want to know the name for a key, just open up hotkeynet and press that key and hotkeynet will tell you what key you just pressed in the keystroke box to the right.

Then all you need to do is edit the lines:
<UseKeyAsModifier Oem3>

3: Addons
Lazypig multibox addon.
I really recommend using this addon as it simplifies so many things while multiboxing, although I don't use all the features such as quickheal or Zorlen(they are just there because the _lazypigmultibox addon requires them to).

Supermacro
A really nice addon that will make it alot easier for you to write macros and handling your characters.

Decursive
Has saved my life numerous times.

4: Macros

I use very basic macros to control my characters. first I make a /follow "Leader" macro and set that to the same button, for example "0".
Then I make an attack macro that would look something like this.
Code:
/assist "Leader"
/cast "MyAttackSpell"

A raidheal macro with decursive added that will heal anyone in range who is low on hp(Set to react on < 90%) and decurse when needed.
Code:
/decursive
/script for i=1,40 do TargetNearestFriend(); if UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target") < 0.9 then if UnitIsPlayer("target") then CastSpellByName("EnterYourHealspellHere"); end end end; TargetLastEnemy();

Tank macro for autoattacking, shield slam, revenge and heroic strike. You need to put your attackspell on actionbarbutton nr 37.
Code:
/script if not IsCurrentAction(37) then UseAction(37) end;
/cast Shield Slam
/cast Revenge
/cast Heroic Strike

Supermacro's

Warlock supermacro for keeping curse of shadow up and casting lifetap when low on mana, else spam shadowbolt.
Code:
/assist "Leader"
/script if not buffed("Curse of Shadow", 'target') then cast("Curse of Shadow") end;
/script if UnitMana("Player") < 500 then CastSpellByName("Life Tap"); end
/cast Shadow Bolt

Mage macro for using evocation if mana is low and keeping ice barrier up while spamming frostbolts.
Code:
/assist "Leader"
/script if UnitMana("player") < 221 then CastSpellByName("Evocation") end;
/script if not buffed("Ice Barrier", 'player') then cast("Ice Barrier")
/cast Frostbolt

Priest healing macro, will use Major Mana Potion if low on mana, keep renew up and use shield if target gets below 30%hp else cast flash heal.
Code:
/script if UnitMana("Player") < 380 then use("Major Mana Potion") end;
/script i=1;x=0;m=0;c=CastSpellByName;while(UnitBuff("target",i)~=nil) do if(strfind(UnitBuff("target",i),"Renew")) then m=1;end;i=i+1;end;if(m~=1) then c"Renew";elseif (m==1)and(UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target")) < 0.3 then c"Power Word: Shield" c"Flash Heal";else c"Flash Heal(rank 4)";end;

Druid heal macro that does ALOT. keeps rejuv up, uses different ranks depending on the target health, uses NS if needed, uses swiftmend, uses innervate when low on mana and mana pot before.
Code:
/script if UnitMana("Player") < 880 then use("Major Mana Potion") end;
/script i=1;x=0;m=0;c=CastSpellByName;while(UnitBuff("target",i)~=nil) do if(strfind(UnitBuff("target",i),"Rejuvenation")) then m=1;end;i=i+1;end;if UnitMana"player"<500 then c("Innervate",1) c"Healing Touch(Rank 2)";elseif(m~=1) then c"Rejuvenation";elseif (m==1)and((UnitHealthMax"target")-(UnitHealth"target"))>4000then c"Nature's Swiftness" c"Healing Touch";elseif (m==1) and((UnitHealthMax"target")-(UnitHealth"target"))>3000then c"Swiftmend" c"Healing Touch(Rank 8 )";elseif (m==1) and((UnitHealthMax"target")-(UnitHealth"target"))>1500 then c"Swiftmend" c"Healing Touch(Rank 6)";elseif(m==1) and((UnitHealthMax"target")-(UnitHealth"target"))>1000then c"Healing Touch(rank 4)";else c"Healing Touch(rank 2)";end;

You can combine the raidheal macro with the druid/priest heal macro to have them look for a friendly player with low hp using the raidheal macro above, then instead of having that macro just casting a heal you can run the supermacro instead by replacing this line in the raidheal macro CastSpellByName("EnterYourHealspellHere") with RunSuperMacro("EnterTheNameOfYourSupermacroHere")

5: Tips and tricks

While doing 5mans it can be tough tanking, dpsing and healing at the same time. To make this a whole lot easier, put all the dps and healing macros on the same button (for example button nr 3). Now you can have a tank macro, like mine and put it on that same button, so you only have to press 1 button for your whole party to do everything you need.

Whenever you need to stop and type something in the chat or answering a whisper for example, all you need to do is hit that scrollock button to deactivate the broadcasting of all your keys, then just turn it back on when you're done!

I will keep updating this. Please let me know if you have any questions. Now go on and get your characters to 60 so you can farm like a real pro!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:26:14 pm by raikko » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:19:33 pm »

I first read it as : Multilock-A starter guide.

In war,victory.In peace,vigilance.In death,sacrifice.
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »

I would appreciate if we could keep all the comments related to the topic.
Thanks.

"We follow waves of sound from life to life"
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 07:19:17 pm »

may I say that u're a genius?i've been looking for something this like forever...big + and a big thank you.i'll test it asap .

Tнe Bιrd oғ Herмeѕ ιѕ мy ɴαмe,eαтιɴɢ мy wιɴɢѕ тo мαĸe мe тαмe.
Assistant Administrator
Hail Caesar
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »

Great work! Thanks for the guide Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:49:08 pm »

how manny chars u used for that mc trash ? and what setup did your party had ? ( how manny druids / priests etc) . and what kind of gear did u had on thease chars ? ^^  this is just awesome. and how about clicking , will this let you click in the same place on all the wow clients ? thanks bro , big thanks
Pwnmage
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 11:51:35 pm »

If your chars are geared, you could probs do it with 5-10
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 01:10:37 pm »

I'm glad you like it, hopefully you will find the guide useful.

how manny chars u used for that mc trash ? and what setup did your party had ? ( how manny druids / priests etc) . and what kind of gear did u had on thease chars ? ^^  this is just awesome. and how about clicking , will this let you click in the same place on all the wow clients ? thanks bro , big thanks

When I first started multiboxing, my goal was to be able to do 5mans by myself. So I made a 5man team with a warrior as tank, a druid as healer and 3 shamans as ranged dps.
I chose shamans just because the fact that they could offheal in case I needed them to, which turned out to be quite effective.

Later on after clearing every 5man I started to wonder how far I could take this. So I made more characters and after a while I could do MC trash(I think I started with 10 characters), ZG trash(even some bosses), first boss in AQ20 and Silithus bosses.

I'm far from an expert when it comes to multiboxing but it's something that I find to be quite fun and I like the challenge.

If there's any other multiboxer here that would like to try MC/ZG/AQ20 just let me know Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 08:42:20 am »

d
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:00:03 am by darryl305 » Logged
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 11:25:14 pm »

Could you post a guide of your setup: 1 tank, druid healer and 3 shamans.
What macro's did you use to control all of them?
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 12:30:28 am »

Could you post a guide of your setup: 1 tank, druid healer and 3 shamans.
What macro's did you use to control all of them?

Every macro I use is in the macro section, just scroll up or hit ctrl+F and enter "4: Macros".

I chose to put all my macros on the same button, but some people like to have three or more keys while multiboxing. For example you put your tanking macro for your warrior on key "1", healing macro for your druid on key "2" and the dps macro for your shamans on key "3".

Then you have slightly more control over your characters.

And when I'm multiboxing with my tank, he is always the "main", who I have everyone assisting.

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 11:55:15 am »

Could you link the dps macro for your shamans?
So in conclusion, you can do 5 man instances, with just 1 button?

Could you add some screenshots of your MultiBox setup, I really like the idea of doing old instances with 5 characters, but have no idea what kind of macro's are needed.
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 05:22:58 pm »

Could you link the dps macro for your shamans?
So in conclusion, you can do 5 man instances, with just 1 button?

Could you add some screenshots of your MultiBox setup, I really like the idea of doing old instances with 5 characters, but have no idea what kind of macro's are needed.

I have 3 monitors, so when I multibox a 5man I will have 4 WoW's on my left screen equaly divided in 2 rows and one on the middle screen with window mode enabled and fullscreen.

I will try to help you as much as I can. If you gonna use the same comp as I did, you can use the following macros.

Put this macro on your warrior. (Open up your spellbook and put your "Attack spell" on actionbar button number 37, should be the last one on "bottom rightbar")
Code:
/script if not IsCurrentAction(37) then UseAction(37) end;
/cast Shield Slam
/cast Revenge
/cast Heroic Strike

This macro on your druid.
Code:
/decursive
/script for i=1,40 do TargetNearestFriend(); if UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target") < 0.9 then if UnitIsPlayer("target") then CastSpellByName("Healing Touch(Rank 3)"); end end end; TargetLastEnemy();

And this macro on the shamans. (Change Leader to your warrior's name)
Code:
/script for i=1,40 do TargetNearestFriend(); if UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target") < 0.4 then if UnitIsPlayer("target") then CastSpellByName("Lesser Healing Wave(Rank 3)"); end end end; TargetLastEnemy();
/assist Leader
/cast Lightning Bolt

If you are gonna level all characters from scratch you might have to change the healing ranks I use in the healing script.

Good luck with your multiboxing!

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 08:12:56 pm »

Thanks a lot for your help. It works perfectly.
They are currently level 15 so I am going to test RFC soon.

How can I get those 4 WoW clients on the left monitor?
I've got two 1920 * 1080 monitors. Can't seem to get the values right.
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 12:34:56 am »

Thanks a lot for your help. It works perfectly.
They are currently level 15 so I am going to test RFC soon.

How can I get those 4 WoW clients on the left monitor?
I've got two 1920 * 1080 monitors. Can't seem to get the values right.

Awesome work, I'm sure you gonna be 60 and farming 5mans in no time!

Well, it all depends on which monitor that you got setup to be the primary monitor.
My primary monitor is the one in the middle, so therefor, if you want to move a WoW window into the left monitor you have to use a negative value for the X axis.
So by using -1920 instead of 0 for the X axis you have moved on to the left monitor. If you have 3 monitors like I do and want something on the right one just put 1920 on the X axis.

These are the values I use for the four wows on my left monitor:
-1920 0 960 540
-960 0 960 540
-1920 540 960 540
-960 540 960 540

Updated the guide with these values for those that have multiple monitors

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: