August 14, 2022, 04:57:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
149011 Posts in 18133 Topics- by 34454 Members - Latest Member: pikashowapp
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow Priest BiS  (Read 94482 times)
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 12:44:11 pm »

Now that Frostwyrm Lair is apparently imminent, I will remake this list with a finalized full content version consisting of a maximum spell power and a maximum mp5 set and maybe a couple sets in between as well.

Ok so noob questions, I know SP don't value crit that well, but, sniping an improved shadow bolt and having the possibility to crit can't be that bad, right?
crit is actually a pretty good stat once you get a Tear and can stack huge amounts of spell power instead of using lower dmg gear in order to reach hitcap. Mindblasts can crit between 2.8k-3.4k with full cons and proper debuffs up.
- wouldn't you trade ebony for c'thuns ? -2sp vs +1 crit (and +3 int)
ebony gloves are good for trash, or certain gear builds that are solely based on spell power, like on vael (where you dont have to worry about mana at all), but cthun gloves have the perfect balance of spell power and the added bonus of a +hit.
- wouldn't you trade chokers for twins ? -7sp vs +1 crit (and -2int)
yes
- wouldn't you trade nef's oh for twins ? -8sp vs 1crit/1hit (and -5 int)
no, but saph's eye will be part of the new bis list
- wouldn't you trade T2.5 for Heigan's ? +23sp vs -7mp5 (and +2int) ; if you take the twins oh you can replace that hit slot for pure spell dmg
I use 2.5 hat for c'thun, 4hm, and loatheb and patchwerk, if I dont have world buffs since the mp5 and extra int is a real help, espicially since the extra hit lets me use the awesome mp5 gloves from the world boss dargons, but all other fights end too soon for the mana regen to be of use so the raw spell power of heigan hat is more useful.
no crit on cthun gloves and why wait around for imp sb proc? u crit with mb for 2k w/e whereas lock 4k+? O.o am not see logic since u not gonna be getting mb off that often anyway so
1/3 of a spriests casts in pve are mindblasts... and imp shadbolt debuff is up on bosses 85% of the time unless some dick melees r using shadow oils cuz they want me to kill them on nef or somethign idk.
Indeed, sorry. I sometimes confuse where the hit is between c'thuns belt/gloves. My question can then be asked for firemaw's cluth vs cthuns belt.

Improved Shadow Bolt affects mind blast afaik so if you crit with a +20%dmg debuff it can be sweet right?
for less mana intensive fights, like bwl or some of the bosses in aq40, cthun belt is best all the way but anytime you might even have to think about using a mana pot and rune, you will be glad you have firemaw's clutch on.

And imp shadowbolt debuff is nice, ( a general rule of thumb is to never cast mindblast when imp shadowbolt isnt up) but the real prize is that sweet 6 piece t3 mage debuff.

<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 02:46:12 pm »

@ Ebony/Cthun : I said that cause you listed Ebony in your list.
@ T2.5/Heigan : Same :p

Thanks for you replies.
If I may suggest, when you update your list, maybe do one with 2nd Bis/more accessible loots (ie Ebony are much easier to get than c'thun, same for choker vs twins, etc. and the tradeoff is not that huge).
Also maybe a "long fight boss" where you prio mp5 a bit more ?

Cheers

PS : hum the mage 6 set works this way ? do you actually have mages using it ? Just curious once again.

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 03:27:40 pm »

@ Ebony/Cthun : I said that cause you listed Ebony in your list.
@ T2.5/Heigan : Same :p
Well this list was made before plague and dk  wings were released, and when spirit was still giving way more mana regen than it should have. pretty sure spell power coef and debuff systems were different back when this was made too.
If I may suggest, when you update your list, maybe do one with 2nd Bis/more accessible loots choker vs twins, etc.
man i was planning on keepng it as a surprise, but there is a secret 3rd option for sweet necks and it's not even that pearl necklace stratholme trash. u gotta check out the new list to find out wat it is tho cuz i cant just go throwing around juicy info like that where anyone can see it.
PS : hum the mage 6 set works this way ? do you actually have mages using it ? Just curious once again.
the mage 6 piece bonus is like the second coming of jesus, only this time he knows karate.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: