May 27, 2017, 08:25:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
136035 Posts in 16439 Topics- by 27393 Members - Latest Member: Aroizard
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing: GuildDKP - easy DKP for your raiding.  (Read 3873 times)
Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2014, 07:24:04 pm »

What is GuildDKP?
GuildDKP is a simple addon to distribute DKP for raiding guilds, and was originally made for inquisitor back in 2012.
It is operated by simple slash commands, and store the DKP values in the player's public note field, so everyone can see their DKP in-game. Therefore GuildDKP only works for players in the same guild as the DKP responsible.

How do I use GuildDKP?
Very simple: you type a command in the standard chat, e.g. /gdhelp. This command displays both the current GuildDKP version plus a list of the command syntax for the most common commands.

Note that some commands, especially commands which adds or subtract DKP, will take time to do. This is not an addon issue, but is caused by the way the server handles Guild Roster requests. Opening the Social interface (press 'O') and selecting the Guild tab will force a server refresh - and complete the command.

A complete list of commands can be found below.

Commands:
/gdstat [name]
Show how much DKP the player [name] currently have. If no name is given, it will display your DKP amount.

/gdclass [class]
Show how much DKP the players of [class] have (Priest, Mage, Hunter ...) - if no class name is given, it will show the DKP for your class.
If you are in a raid, only players in the raid is listed, so you can quickly compare your DKP with others of same class.
Note that only the top 10 players of each class is shown to avoid spamming the interface.

/gdplus <name> <dkp>
Add <dkp> DKP to the player <name>.

/gdplusrw <name> <dkp>
Add <dkp> DKP to the player <name>, and show a raid warning when done.

/gdminus <name> <dkp>
Subtract <dkp> DKP from the player <name>.

/gdminuspct <name> <percent>
Subtract <percent> % DKP from the player <name>, and show a raid warning when done.
The amount withdrawn will be at least 50 DKP. The target's DKP may go in minus!

/gdminusrw <name> <dkp>
Subtract <dkp> DKP from the player <name>, and show a raid warning when done.

/addraid <dkp>
/gdaddraid <dkp>

Add <dkp> to all raid members, and show a raid warning when done.

/subtractraid <dkp>
/gdsubtractraid <dkp>

Subtract <dkp> from all raid members, and show a raid warning when done.
(Added in version 1.2.1)

/addrange <dkp>
/gdaddrange <dkp>

Add <dkp> DKP to all raid members within 100 yards range, and show a raid warning when done.

/shareraid <boss value>
/gdshareraid <boss value>

Share <boss value> DKP across all raid members, so each member get <dkp> / (number of players in raid) DKP, and show a raid warning when done.
Note that the calculated DKP value is always rounded up, so both 1.1, 1.5 and 1.9 gives 2 DKP.

Video example:
In the video sample, the boss is killed, and I am using /shareraid 1200 - giving 1200/40 = 30 DKP to each raider, which is automatically announced in Raid chat after execution.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WCtmQNIXE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WCtmQNIXE</a>

/sharerange <boss value>
/gdsharerange <boss value>

Share <boss value> DKP across all raid members within 100 yards range, so each member get <dkp> / (number of players in raid) DKP, and show a raid warning when done.
Note that the calculated DKP value is always rounded up, so both 1.1, 1.5 and 1.9 gives 2 DKP.

/gddecay <percent>
Subtract <percent>% DKP from all guild members.
Note that this command requires you to tick the "Display Offline Members" checkbox in the guild roster. An error message will be displayed if you should forget this.

/rangecheck
/gdrangecheck

Check which players are within 100 yards range of you. The result is output in your local chat. No DKP is involved in this operation.

/checkcombat [announce]
This displays the name of all players currently in combat. This is intended for checking for the famous Combat Bug.
If "Raid" is supplied as argument, a message with the player names are sent to the raid chat, together with an instruction to Alt+F4 (relog).

New in version 1.3.0: Transactions!

/gdlog
List the last five transactions, each transaction is shown with a Transaction ID (TID), which is used for other transaction commands.

/gdlog <TID>
List five specific transactions, starting from the transaction with transaction ID = <TID>.

/gdlogdetails <TID>
Display transaction details for the transaction <TID> locally. This shows the names of all people getting (or paying) DKP in transactions with multiple persons.

/gdpostlogs <TID>
Display transaction details for the transaction <TID> in the raid chat. This shows the names of all people getting (or paying) DKP in transactions with multiple persons.
If the DKP responsible is not in a raid anymore, the details will be posted in guild chat.

/gdundo <TID>
Undo a transaction. All DKP is given back to (or taken back from) all players, even if they are offline or left the raid meanwhile. All operations which add or remove DKP can be rolled back, including "/gddecay".

Example:
"/gddecay 10" is used, but you are stressed and in the heat of the moment you type "/gddecay 100" - effectively resetting all guild members DKP to zero!
Fear not! Just type "/gdlog" to find the transaction ID (TID), and then undo the transaction with "/gdundo <TID>".

/gdredo <TID>
If a transaction is rolled back (undone), then "/gdredo" can re-activate the transaction again. The original DKP is now added or removed from the players which where originally in that transaction - even if they left raid and/or logged off meanwhile.

/gdinclude <name> <TID>
Include a person to a transaction. The DKP given (or removed) in that transaction will also be given (or removed) from the added person. Note that you cannot "/gdinclude" character to "/gddecay" transactions.

Example:
"/shareraid 800" is used, but the player Omag left the raid just seconds before the command was given.
You can now do a "/gdlog" to find the transaction ID (TID), and then "/gdinclude omag <TID>" - this will give Omag the same amount of DKP as anyone else received during the "/shareraid" command.

/gdexclude <name> <TID>
Exclude a person from a transaction. The DKP given (or removed) in that transaction will also be given to (or removed from) the excluded person. Note that you cannot "/gdexclude" characters from "/gddecay" transactions.

Example:
"/shareraid 1200" is used, but the player Omag was AFK in Ironforge, and should not have DKP!
You can now do a "/gdlog" to find the transaction ID (TID), and then "/gdexclude omag <TID>" - this will remove the just added DKP from Omag.

Video example:
Kieora claims he did not receive his DKP. I used /gdlog to find the transaction, then /gdlogdetails to see he got his DKP and last /gdpostlog to post details into raid chat.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E44oQcy9WA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E44oQcy9WA</a>

Frequently Asked Questions?
  • Do dead players get DKP?
When using /addraid or /shareraid they will get DKP.
When using /addrange or /sharerange their current position will count (i.e. position of their corpse, or if they released, the graveyard).

• Do disconnected players get DKP?
Disconnected players will not get DKP when /addrange or /sharerange are used.
Disconnected players may get dkp when /addraid or /shareraid is used - this depends on the DKP operator having set the "Display Offline Members" checkbox or not.
Usually the DKP operator should wait with adding DKP until all members are online, or be ready to manually update DKP for people relogging during DKP updates.

• When should I use Ranged DKP?
Although there is nothing preventing you from using ranged DKP in raids, I suggest you only use ranged DKP (/addrange, /sharerange) for situations like Ontime-bonus.
Using ranged DKP in raids is often tricky, because some leave the defeated boss' corpse immediately, and therefore outranges themselves. So if you intend to use ranged DKP, you should at least inform the raid beforehand.

• Where can I download GuildDKP?
The newest version of GuildDKP can be found here: http://armory.digam.dk/index.php?sa=download.area.view&p1=8

• Who made GuildDKP? And can I suggest a new feature?
GuildDKP was made by Mimma<Vanillagaming.org>.You are free to submit new ideas or report bugs (sigh!), but I can't promise things will get included.

• What's the future plans for GuildDKP?
I have a plan of implementing item actioning in GuildDKP, so the masterlooter can "auction" the item in raid chat, and members then bid for it.
When item is "sold" (and masterlooter confirms this), the DKP will be subtracted from the lucky winner. This would do looting an easier and faster task - I hope!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:34:52 pm by Mimma » Logged

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:22:51 am »

Does this system have a website friendly counterpart that can be seen in a sort of spreadsheet?
MCB
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:42:55 am »

IDK about the rest of you, but decay is a huge incentive for me when im looking for a new guild. just sayin'. Otherwise you get those raiders with like a 35 week advantage on you forever, no thanks.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:46:33 am by viile » Logged
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 10:18:34 am »

Yeah i agree, the decay is really good and it makes sure that no member ever is more then 1 item up on you. If i were to join unique today then there would be two other priests with both having over 10k dkp meaning a huge advantage over me.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:23:37 pm by Dvärgjävel » Logged
#Trump2020
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:07 pm »

Bobbel receives loot: Nemesis Leggings.

Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 08:27:24 pm »

GuildDKP version 1.5.0 has been released!

* Context menu added!
Tired of typing those long names with weird letters? Just right-click on a raid member and reduce his DKP!

* Client synchronization!
Other people with GuildDKP can now watch the transaction log - and even undo transactions if they have permission to do so in guild!

* Bugfixes here and there :-)

If your guild are using DKP and you are the DKP responsible, then consider downloading this addon.

Download link:
http://armory.digam.dk/index.php?sa=download.file.info&p1=2&p2=79

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 01:23:20 pm »

Suggestion;

Make an export function to a web-page based DKP. You could easily export the data in to a text-box in-game which one could copy, say for example a CSV structure, then paste into a lightweight website, so that people may check their DKP offline from the wow client.

Otherwise, nice job. I remember there was a simmilar addon for DKP management we used back in vanilla, but I forgot the name of it.
Sexiest Priest on VG
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 05:14:08 pm »

You could actually fetch the DKp from the website, but due to the new design (and the fact no one used the DKP facility), the DKP column was removed.

I will see if I can re-make that functionality. Thanks for the input :-)

<Endeavour>
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 12:32:49 pm »

having some issues with /gddecay 10 mimma , it just doesnt work. and when i type /gddecay it shows me that i need a % number and even when i only show online it tells me i need to show offline (which i obviously do) Any idea why its acting up?

Ive also downloaded latest version. This also used to work for me before.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:47:17 pm by X e o » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 11:04:44 pm »

/gddecay is not working properly can any one make a fix? i figured out today that it does not recognize any one in the guild having any dkp so it doesn't remove any dkp. and i can find no where that logs are being kept.
<Endeavour>
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 11:54:33 pm »

make sure u show all members when using the command and that u dont have any <> or <210 without closing brackets

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 05:46:13 am »

i currently have the macro like this /gddecay 10
i get the guild message 10% decay from all members
then it says 0 dkp was removed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: