April 15, 2021, 12:35:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148661 Posts in 18081 Topics- by 34027 Members - Latest Member: foxcz1
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: current state of VG's melee mechanics  (Read 8562 times)
Shadowy,shadowy... yet unbroken...
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 06:47:58 pm »

Such sad then we have only 1 core dev.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 08:03:46 pm »

glancing is 70% and 5 weapon skill gives 15% extra so in turn +10 weapon skill makes for the 100% of glancing damage.

When I past looked into Glancings, I stumbled upon two formulas that were not agreeing. One was saying that it is indeed +3% damage from weapon skill (as you are saying) and another one that said that the damage increased was not linear.

The damage increase would not be capped at 310 wep skill, but any points after 310 was not increasing damage significantly to make it a good choice of itemization.

Anyway I can't seem to find the source for my second claim and I guess it doesn't matter, as long as we know how it's working here. Are we sure it's +3%damage per weapon skill (I mean, has someone done proper testing etc?).

Also hitcap decreases with weapon skill ?
28% no weapon skill / 26% +5 weapon skill / 25% +10 weapon skill (Dual Wield)
9% no weapon skill / 6% +5 weaponskill / 6% +5weapon skill (1H)
From my understand, +1 weapon skill gives 0,04% hit&crit aswell as -0,04% chance to be parried/dodge but I fail to see how it lowers the hitcap by 3% for the first 5 weaponskill.

Is that correct and is there any reliable sources ?

Thanks in advance for your enlightment.
Cheers

There are supposed to be two different formulae used for determining your hit cap. One where the difference between your target's defense and your weapon skill is less than or equal to 10, and one where the difference is greater than 10.

Less than 10 or equal:
5% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%
dual-wielding: 24% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%

Greater than 10:
7% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%
dual-wielding: 26% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%

Here is a pastebin that goes pretty in-depth about glances.
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 08:12:57 pm »

Oh fun seeing dhorn being mentioned here Smiley
Mulva have you got any source for the less/greater than 10 wep skill ?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 11:37:58 pm »

Oh fun seeing dhorn being mentioned here Smiley
Mulva have you got any source for the less/greater than 10 wep skill ?

Just the vanilla wiki hit page at the moment. Wish I had more to offer but it seems the EJ forums are not coming back.
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 01:00:53 pm »

There are supposed to be two different formulae used for determining your hit cap. One where the difference between your target's defense and your weapon skill is less than or equal to 10, and one where the difference is greater than 10.

Less than 10 or equal:

Greater than 10:

So that would be rounded to 6% hitcap & 25% hitcap for 305-315 weaponskill and 9% & 28% for 300-304 weapon skill. Very interesting. Any clue if it works the same for hunters by any chance ?

Gonna look at the pastebin when I have more time, thanks a lot.

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 09:56:53 pm »

Less than 10 or equal:

Greater than 10:

So that would be rounded to 6% hitcap & 25% hitcap for 305-315 weaponskill and 9% & 28% for 300-304 weapon skill. Very interesting. Any clue if it works the same for hunters by any chance ?

Gonna look at the pastebin when I have more time, thanks a lot.

Afaik it should be the same for hunters. The formula is used for both weapon in the mainhand + non-weapon offhand and two-handers. Kinda highlights how unfortunate the itemization on Eye of Nerub is.
<Chaos>
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 01:19:56 pm »

Afaik it should be the same for hunters. The formula is used for both weapon in the mainhand + non-weapon offhand and two-handers. Kinda highlights how unfortunate the itemization on Eye of Nerub is.

Well, that's funny because I always wondered why they put +weapon skill on ranged weapons for hunters if it was only the +0.04crit, +0.04hit and considering they don't benefit from the glancing aspect of weapon skill.

That would be close to being useless for hunters as Eye of Nerub would give 0.12 crit and 0.12hit, which is very minor and doesn't affect any hitcap in a way you could drop 1hit from gear (from 9 to 8 ). Same for hunters/dwarves racial too.

But if it's working as you suggest, then it makes more sense. The two BiS weapons for hunters are crossbows and giving +5 would be too huge as you could drop 3%hit. But with +4, you drop the hitcap from 9% to 7,4%, rounded up to 8, which allows for some choices in itemization.

Then it seems logical.

Join the Chaos journey !

Hi Cohle - https://prnt.sc/js35ys
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: