June 26, 2017, 12:34:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
136424 Posts in 16477 Topics- by 27446 Members - Latest Member: jesusballs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback about the rules.  (Read 6839 times)
<has a shovel>
View Profile
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:24:41 pm »

Dear players of VanillaGaming,

due to the current misinterpretation of the rules I want to try to write them somehow more precise again without changeing alot (besides some rules that are clearly not up to date). I wanted to make them shorter and keep out the punishments, as you are good guys you don't break them anyway. Feel free to post your ideas or feedback below, any trashtalk will be removed to keep this topic clean. Also I'd like to redirect players when they want to create an account to the rules topic where at the end is the Button to the account creation (like most other servers do by a more or less shiny html page) Comments from my side are looking like this.

Rules while you enjoy the World of Warcraft:

Abuse
Abusing any kind of known or unknown bug is not allowed and will lead to a punishment.

Hacking/Third party programm
Hacking and any third party programm that sets your character of the limits of the World of Warcraft or takes control of your character is not allowed and will result in a ban.

General behaviour
- Changing COLOR in chat messages
- Impersonating a staff member
- Racism, continuously insulting or harassing
- Advertising
- Any addon generated message  , /join global for them
- Honor leeching
is not allowed.

- Follow instructions given by Gamemasters (but remember, a Game Master would never ask you about your password)
- The world chat  language is English

Multiboxing
Multiboxing in Player versus Environment  (PvE) is allowed.
Multiboxing in any Player versus Player (PvP) situation is not allowed.

Account / Item / Gold / etc.
- Selling of any virtual goods saved on the VanillaGaming server is not allowed.  I think the term virtual goods is what blizzard used for this, to cover items, accounts, gold etc.
- Lost virtual goods due to server crashes will not be refunded.
- Lost / not obtainable virtual goods due to server sided bugs will get refunded if possible. E.g. T3, other bugged Quests

Forum rules

General behaviour
- Light blue color  Can others even set their color to this kind of blue?
- Impersonating a staff member
- Racism, continuously insulting or harassing
- Spam / Post farming
- Advertising
- Stating false claims
is not allowed.

- Follow the rules of English grammar Who now tells me all misstakes I made while writing this should get a turtle mount ingame, sadly I cannot add them.

Can members lock their own topics? I do not see any reason why they should be able to, besides blameing the staff to do so afterwards.

About the deleting/locking of posts something I want to add but could not find the right phrases for it yet: We want the forum to be clean and free of any kind of racism / flameing / etc, however feedback in any kind should not get touched as long as it does not breake any of the above set rules.

The punishments won't get changed, but I do not see why they need to be exactly shown here as this causes alot of issues for the Game Masters sometimes (e.g. I banned someone for heavy abuse for exactly 5d, but his clock seems to work different so he was mocking me after 4d 23h that I "broke" the rules)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:52:23 pm by Orado » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 11:41:33 pm »

And i thought /global was for fun and not serious business.wtf.

In war,victory.In peace,vigilance.In death,sacrifice.
Gamemaster
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 11:43:45 pm »

Sill need a basic rule stating that each issue is situational, that these rules are basic guidelines of how things will be dealt with, that times exceptions or uncovered incidents will arise that will need to be taken care of. As this small list of rules do not cover every possible or even the majority of things that need dealt with, things like that will be dealt with in a basic gaming etiquette or accordingly.
apolon123
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 12:04:02 am »

- Stating false claims
is not allowed.

lolwut
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 12:09:13 am »

My simple opinion is to scrap this and just leave it the way it is. You basically changed nothing.

And Graffix, each situation may be situational, but the rules and punishments need to be spelled out to the nth degree. Some GMs like to think something is breaking the rules and then mold it to some rule that's simply not correct.

- Stating false claims
is not allowed.

lolwut

Yea that's just stupid. You have no way of knowing if a claim is false or not until you look further into it.

By the way you're a Gamemaster. Forum duty should be the least of your concerns and you shouldn't be writing rules for it.

And furthermore, the rules have worked for 4 going on 5 years so why do you think you need to change them? As GMs, you enforce the rules already in place, not create 5 new rules because you like things a certain way. It's not your call.

It's like saying the police officers can create laws they want. Police just enforce, not create.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:29:49 am by Graffix » Logged

Fix Dispel Magic
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 12:33:04 am »

My simple opinion is to scrap this and just leave it the way it is. You basically changed nothing.

And Graffix, each situation may be situational, but the rules and punishments need to be spelled out to the nth degree. Some GMs like to think something is breaking the rules and then mold it to some rule that's simply not correct.

- Stating false claims
is not allowed.

lolwut

Yea that's just stupid. You have no way of knowing if a claim is false or not until you look further into it.

By the way you're a Gamemaster. Forum duty should be the least of your concerns and you shouldn't be writing rules for it.

And furthermore, the rules have worked for 4 going on 5 years so why do you think you need to change them? As GMs, you enforce the rules already in place, not create 5 new rules because you like things a certain way. It's not your call.

It's like saying the police officers can create laws they want. Police just enforce, not create.

Couldn't agree more, BIG plus from me.
<has a shovel>
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 12:47:53 am »

This is why I posted it as a feedback and did not delete Sins topic Smiley
The issue with the old rules is that they were written, as you said, 4 years ago, with the 200k Honor system, etc. They did not cover bots or honor leeching (they only were about farming the same character all over again) and got adjusted from time to time what made the list pretty long and confusing. If you would have read all of my post you also would have seen that it is not my intention to completly change the rules, just shorten them to the important stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 12:55:56 am »

you guys said GM abused rules and helped insane get tf. thats a false statement . if you think it should be allowed to people to make false statements , there here i go : i saw Ridiculous speedhacking in naxx . bann this dude !!! .
no one should say something about someone else , if they dont have real proof. furthermore , they shouldnt atack gms and devs , they are the only reason you ass can get gear . they are the only reasons ppls arent speedhacking and doing bad things. u should pay more respect to them . and if they change rules , probably they know what they do . if u are not gm , that means u are not up to the job. so dont bitch around .
Master of Ridiculousness
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 01:26:50 am »

you guys said GM abused rules and helped insane get tf. thats a false statement . if you think it should be allowed to people to make false statements , there here i go : i saw Ridiculous speedhacking in naxx . bann this dude !!! .
no one should say something about someone else , if they dont have real proof. furthermore , they shouldnt atack gms and devs , they are the only reason you ass can get gear . they are the only reasons ppls arent speedhacking and doing bad things. u should pay more respect to them . and if they change rules , probably they know what they do . if u are not gm , that means u are not up to the job. so dont bitch around .

You're breaking the grammar rule.

Anyway, I don't see a need for this. There is nothing wrong with Sins topic. If it's long and confusing to anyone then they should go study prelaw and report back here in 8 years.

You're not just simplifying it. You're slowly molding the rules to your liking.

And as far as your example goes, the honor system can be changed 3 more times and the rules still don't need changed on that. They did cover leeching and farming.

Fix Dispel Magic
R.I.P
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 02:46:19 am »

Not to be an ass licker but I agree with everything Ridiculus has said in this topic.

And can you guys add the punishments for each offense that is broken? Like what results in a warning and what results in a instant ban. Smiley

TARGET ASSASSINATED
<Click the Lightwell>
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 02:52:12 am »

Not to be an ass licker but I agree with everything NinjaAssassin  has said in this topic.
R.I.P
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 03:15:26 am »

Don't let him do the rules Orado!

He wants me gone Sad FOREVER!

TARGET ASSASSINATED
Tester
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 04:10:04 am »

Ridiculus, read all your posts about the worldchat spam and together with your first post here (especially the later part t h a t  l o g i c!) I now realize; you're genius. Keep up the good work. You amuse me.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 04:31:49 am »

About the deleting/locking of posts something I want to add but could not find the right phrases for it yet: We want the forum to be clean and free of any kind of racism / flameing / etc, however feedback in any kind should not get touched as long as it does not breake any of the above set rules.

All seems fine other than this, why is there any need to delete any post? A reply from the staff member who can offer the most insight and then a lock would make more sense. Deleting anything directly relating to the server stinks of "We do not want to talk about this".

"The girls they all have like monster titties" - Fuzzyhead 2014
Science Officer
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 09:38:00 am »

Below is my suggested Rules update.  I think that a lot of folks need to realize that the Rules are just here to help the players understand the work of the Game Masters better.  The Game Masters are responsible for taking action to ensure the quality of the Blizzlike gaming experience on Vanillagaming - it seems to be a common misconception that the Rules in some way limit the broad powers of the Game Masters.  They do not.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Masters and Ticket Support

Vanillagaming’s staff of Game Masters are ready to assist you and are committed to providing a Highest Quality Blizz-like Gaming Experience on Vanillagaming.  When interacting with Game Masters, please remember the following:

(i) – Before opening a ticket on an issue, please first consult the Vanillagaming forums.
(ii) – Tickets are NOT for game questions, bug reports, or requests for quests/events/items that are not working.
(iii) – Game Masters do NOT return lost honor.
(iv) – Game Masters do NOT return lost items.
(v) – Server crashes are NOT our fault and Game Masters will NOT respond to tickets about server crashes.
(vi) – Treat Game Masters with courtesy and respect.  The instructions of Game Masters are not optional and they exercise sole and final authority to ensure a quality gaming experience for all players on Vanillagaming.

Rules while you enjoy the World of Warcraft on Vanillagaming:

Vanillagaming may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete any game or forum account at any time for any reason or for no reason, with or without notice. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most temporary and permanent account suspensions, terminations, modifications and/or deletions are the result of violations of the following rules.

Chat Rules

Communicating with other players and Game Masters is an integral part of the Vanillagaming experience and is referred to as “Chat”. When engaging in Chat, players may not transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Game Masters, is deemed objectionable.  When speaking in Chat, players may not:

(i) – use language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;  
(ii) – carry out any activity which generates large amounts of text, uses COLORS, or otherwise has a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat;
(iii) – advertise for goods, services, or organizations outside of the Vanillagaming universe;
(iv) – participate in any action that results or may result in a user being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, weapons, armor, or any other items;
(v) – impersonate any person, including but not limited to Game Masters or any other Vanillagaming agent or employee;                    
(vi) – post or transmit any automatically generated or addon-generated message;  
(vii) – send repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to a single player;
(viii) – speak in the “world” channel or on Vanillagaming.org (excluding country-specific forums) in a language other than English; or  
(ix) – communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the opposite faction (e.g. Horde communicating with Alliance or vice versa);  

Gameplay  Rules

Vanillagaming considers most conduct to be part of the game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, griefing, or ganking and ninja looting are considered a part of the game. Because the Game is a "player vs. player" game, you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where the members of hostile races can attack you, rather than contacting Vanillagaming’s Game Masters for help when you have been killed by an enemy of your race or someone has looted an item that you wanted. However, certain acts go beyond what is "fair".  Those acts include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:

(i) – Hacking, cheats, automation software (bots), mods, or any unauthorized third-party software that modifies World of Warcraft will result in an immediate permanent ban.  
(ii) – Bug abuse, using or exploiting errors in design, undocumented features and/or "bugs" to gain access that is unavailable or a competitive advantage over other players.
(iii) – Collusion with players of the opposite Faction to generate fraudulent honor gains (honor farming)  
(iv) – Remaining inside a Battleground while intentionally or unintentionally frustrating or ignoring objectives (honor leeching)  
(v) – Multiboxing in any non-defensive Player versus Player (PvP) encounter  
(vi) – Using a proxy, VPN, or any kind of tunneling tools or software  
(vii) – Exchanging “real” money or value for in-game items, currency, characters, or accounts, or selling the same for “real” money or value outside of Vanillagaming  
(viii) – Anything that Game Masters consider contrary to the "essence" of the Vanillagaming experience

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:49:34 am by Sarek » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: