May 17, 2022, 12:54:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
148970 Posts in 18129 Topics- by 34397 Members - Latest Member: vvt86
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Pve Progression Records (jan2014-may2015)  (Read 488486 times)
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 05:52:18 pm »

Personally, I don't mind at all that Unique advertises with kills they have done.

Mind you, they might not be able to do it consistently or at all anymore (I honestly don't know, only assumptions based on what I'm reading in this thread), however, I don't see anywhere in this post, anything that states the guilds need to have said boss on farm status before they can advertise with the kill.

I think if they have completed the kill, albeit the fight isn't on farm - a kill is a kill and I think they should naturally be able to advertise as such.
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 06:08:45 pm »

I can't see anywhere on Royal's original post that says they can't. They have killed Thaddius, others have not, simple. If People are unhappy with Unique saying they have killed Thaddius, then I suggest the guidelines of this thread be changed.

I do not know which of the lines of what I wrote tells you that I'm unhappy about that. Tongue

Personally, I don't mind at all that Unique advertises with kills they have done.

Mind you, they might not be able to do it consistently or at all anymore (I honestly don't know, only assumptions based on what I'm reading in this thread), however, I don't see anywhere in this post, anything that states the guilds need to have said boss on farm status before they can advertise with the kill.

I think if they have completed the kill, albeit the fight isn't on farm - a kill is a kill and I think they should naturally be able to advertise as such.

I see what you want to say there, but I consider that a wrong advertisement towards newcomers, who are looking for a professional PvE guild to carry them. How would you feel if you joined a guild that is said that it clears all available content and when you are at the first raid with that guild you see them wiping on weak bosses?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 06:22:54 pm »

I can't see where people have an issue with Unique saying they killed Thad bc in fact they did a few times.  There is a few guilds out there who aren't killing what they used to kill atm bc we are all just coming off holidays.
Space space space
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 06:31:34 pm »

I find it petty of you to even comment on this.

That's not how guild progress lists works. What's killed is killed.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:40:21 pm by Dillman » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 06:32:37 pm »

The guilds are listed as having defeated the bosses if they have done so just atleast once (without help of other guilds and crap like that but lets not get caught in details)

So yeah, being on the list doesn't neccesarily mean its on farm-status. But a kill is a kill.
Another detail would be that i cba to edit this post everytime a guild doesn't manage to kill whatever boss on a particular week.
The highest achievement is listed here. There's no garantees for farmstatus. Let's leave it at that.

[...] I consider that a wrong advertisement towards newcomers, who are looking for a professional PvE guild to carry them. How would you feel if you joined a guild that is said that it clears all available content and when you are at the first raid with that guild you see them wiping on weak bosses?

They'd have to read the replies in this post to get the full story if they are that interested. There will always be haters willing to step in with insight on exactly how bad everyone is doing at any particular time.

Why not just use the sticky?"

Because it looks good to have all guilds listed in the first post, and have it updated as time goes by. The sticky was made by Insane in 2010 and haven't been updated since 2011.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:36:11 pm by Royalcoil » Logged

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 06:39:36 pm »

I see what you want to say there, but I consider that a wrong advertisement towards newcomers, who are looking for a professional PvE guild to carry them. How would you feel if you joined a guild that is said that it clears all available content and when you are at the first raid with that guild you see them wiping on weak bosses?

Well, I might be abit disappointed if all the content was advertised as being on farm, yes - but having said that I honestly think disappointing newcomers who are, as you say, looking for a professional PvE guild to carry them, might not be the worst thing that can happen.

And if having a hard time and some solid wipe-fests on the top-content available on the server is enough to turn people off - I sincerely don't think a Vanilla server is for those people in the first place anyways.

The only thing I might see this affecting is the high-end competition, but fact is they are the only ones who have downed all available content, and since all the other guilds are aware that they aren't able to anymore (again just assuming from what has been said earlier in this thread) this just fuels some good old banter between the high-end guilds which is hopefully just going to motivate the top guilds even further.

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:15 pm »

The unique that killed thadius was not the guild which took players who needed a "professional guild to carry them" nuff said.
Ps: jugler I like you, but don't show off your clueless attitude, please Smiley
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 11:06:12 pm »

hopefully Revelations will Kill Thad soon and u guys will be up there also Dill, I can't wait. Best of luck to you all. Also Unique good job keep going at it.
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 12:00:07 am »

Not to be picky and I'm not trying to be a bitch. but its Schedule.
Props on helping the community (again) royal.
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 11:31:00 pm »

Gz to Gods of War for downing Twins. Updated

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 11:35:21 pm »

Thanks!  Grin

We also have a new website up and running http://www.gow.shivtr.com/   Wink
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 11:01:51 am »

Well equilibrium started with naxx (anub down), es la foto ;P

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:03:53 am by vacalactica » Logged

View Profile